Posted: 5 years ago
For heaven's sake Balram is a prince and no one behaves like they are living with a prince. They don't know Krishna is a prince but presence of rohini should make someone doubtful. Maybe they don't know  how rohini really looked like but how come Nanda never told Balram he's a prince and his father is imprisoned. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Oh Balram knew everything. Rohini was introduced to the people as Nanda's cousin.

Nanda on the other hand was a man with a firm personality, and so, he never treated Balram any different from Krishna, even though the former was almost sure to become the King of Mathura one day.

I think it was all good, because Krishna was always so much pampered, and Balram was a pure soul who understood his situation and was grateful for the respect he received, being acknowledged as a powerful wrestler/warrior.
Aishu13 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Rohini was Nanda's relative who was sent with Nand when Vaasudeva realized Kansa's intentions to keep her protected. She was actually from the village, and became mother to Subhadra (who is a reincarnation of Yoga-Maya). Kansa actually did not know about the 7th baby extraction by Yoga-Maya and even gloated to Devaki that the eighth didn't have a chance as they 7th died even before being born. He didn't realize Balrama's (Rama was his birthname) until Dhenukasura. When Balram played a huge part their he realized that Balaram aided with everything Krishna did and was the son of Vasudeva as well. That's why he sen Akrur the last time to pick both of them up. Nanda and Yashodha treated Balrama as their actual son and for Balrama they were his parents as well. So everything Krishna got Balrama got as well. He later on become King of Dwarka marrying Revathi, while Krishna became the Crown Prince of Dwarka.Edited by Aishu13 - 5 years ago
wayward thumbnail
^Quite right there, better than mine!

BTW, I don't think he ever became King though. Ugrasena was alive and ruling right till the Mausala Parva, when Balram departed before Krishna and the rest of the Yadava elders followed.
Aishu13 thumbnail
No he did. Not Mathura though, Dwarka. Both Krishna and Balaram create the city together, so they people and the royal family name him as long as he is older.
wayward thumbnail
They were in charge of the administration, yes.But Dwarka was UK-kind-of republic, and Ugrasen was still the King.

People heard them out when Krishna/Balram spoke, but they weren't actually in any position of power. Varna you think na, who would've dared to accuse the brother of the King as a thief (Syamantak issue)?!
Aishu13 thumbnail
Oh yeah I see what you mean! I think I got confused because in Subhdra haaran he was addressed as king and he was furious. I think it may have been the way you said it!

Hey the good thing about that issue is that Krishna married Jambavati, hain na? 🤣
wayward thumbnail
Yeah, many shows give him a promotion eventually. XD

Aye, it was such a nuisance though...imagine getting your Dad beaten to a pulp only to realize it is your soulmate! XD
Aishu13 thumbnail
Arrey Arrey! Mythology was ahead of Bollywood (and any woods for that matter) Papa gets beaten by hero to end up marrying the heroine!!! 🤣

Also disscussing with you has been so much fun!!!
wayward thumbnail
Aye, aye...same here hun! <3