Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: amreen1409

What is Sacrifice??

As we all know that Eid-ul-Adha is mainly about Sacrifice, and most of you would agree with its definition that it is giving up something we love and value the most for other's sake -- & doesnt always mean killing yourself!

True love, whether its for family or anyone special, has always been paired with sacrifice... it can be a sacrifice of a dream, a habit, period of time, or life itself.

true sacrifice is in many shapes and forms and depends on how u look at it. as one said some dreams one can give up like those that may malign or  in some societies or families not be acceptable such as certain professions like acting,singing, modeling(not saying anything wrong but in society even today these professons not widely accepted everywhere or to everyone). While other more acceptable ones one as to ask why are they giving it up but if person is ok in giving it up than that is what should matter like some woman after marriage may not work some may ask why esp if profession is good but that is 4 those involved to decide in my opinion

So Friends, tell us what would you sacrifice for your loved ones?

or perhaps the real question would be, how much would you sacrifice for your loved ones?

well 4 my loved ones I can do anything but almighty is there to guide too

Do you think true love requires sacrifice?

It may but i leave that too almighty afterall its in his/her hands

If so, what are the boundaries of love & sacrifice -- where can we draw lines between them??

Hope to get some interesting responses 😊

Regards,

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
Cuhrazy.Anisha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
oh well as the sayin goes "sacrifice is another name for love" n fr my family n my dearest frns or my"some1 special" id sacrifice nething n by nethingi don mean those stupid materialistic stuff like cars money etc etc i'd sacrifice nething if the situation asks fr it i wont even hesitate a bit to even giveup my life N BELIVE ME ITS NO SACRIFICE N I MEAN IT!!!! 😊
pure_choclate thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I would Give everything i have to people who need it including my family if so they ask for my life iam ready to sacrifice it beacuse they asked for it πŸ˜›
Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
anything dat they want πŸ˜› even my life πŸ˜›

iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am sure that all of us have made sacrifices for our loved ones at some point in time. I believe that if you love a person with all your heart, you wouldn't draw any lines but would go to any extent to see that person happy, and I am not just talking about your significant other, but even close friends, a sibling, or your parents.I too, have sacrificed many things for people who I care about, but I do not look at them as sacrifices, because for me, what matters is the happiness of my loved ones. Everything else is secondary.
a_b thumbnail

Originally posted by: koihai

I am sure that all of us have made sacrifices for our loved ones at some point in time. I believe that if you love a person with all your heart, you wouldn't draw any lines but would go to any extent to see that person happy, and I am not just talking about your significant other, but even close friends, a sibling, or your parents.I too, have sacrificed many things for people who I care about, but I do not look at them as sacrifices, because for me, what matters is the happiness of my loved ones. Everything else is secondary.

πŸ‘agree with you hum jisse pyaar karte hain uske liye jaan bhi deni pade toh kam hai it is the happiness of the loved ones that is the most important

copperboom thumbnail
Don't know about life but everything else I guess.
naturalbeautie thumbnail
i will sacrifice everything for my loved ones .... Everything that I possibly can!!!
😊
YGCL thumbnail

I AGREE WITH YOU. i WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO PLEASE MY FAMILY. IT'S SONDS LIKE IAM CRUAL, BUT I AM NOT. NO MATER WHAT YOU DO IT IS NOT ENOUGH.

~*Ria*~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: amreen1409

So Friends, tell us what would you sacrifice for your loved ones?

or perhaps the real question would be, how much would you sacrifice for your loved ones?

Do you think true love requires sacrifice?

If so, what are the boundaries of love & sacrifice -- where can we draw lines between them??

I can sacrifice\risk my life literally for someone who I love, happily. It would be a pleasure for me if I got the chance to give up my life for someone else's well being. Another "pro" fact of this act for me is that a person who gets killed in the process of saving another is also considered a martyr.

On the easy side, I can ignore my likes, my dislikes and my animosity with anyone for a person I love. I can give up any habits that my loved ones don't like, in a second, if it's in my control. And, I think it's a minor sacrifice for me to give a possession I adore, away to my sisters or friends or whtever lol.  

I think true love doesn't necessarily REQUIRE sacrifice. But I do think that if one sacrifices something, it shows not just others, but himself\herself if they really do love the other relative, etc (and that love's height).

There are no boundaries of love and sacrificeπŸ˜› This may sound very cliched but is true as it can be. Where can we draw lines between these two? I dont think we can. If one sacrifices something for someone, it should mean that they love them in some way, some amount. But yes, some generous people might sacrifice for another on the base of sympathy.   

-Ria