Nov. 5th: What makes the impossible possible

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Strong start to the week today with the momentum of the narrative continuing really well πŸ‘

The standout scene for me was the opening Krishna-Balram scene. Such beautiful nuance and layeringπŸ‘...starting from a Krishna with tears in his eyes lamenting again why those who love sometimes clip the wings of the very person they love.  I found it very touching that he sensed Balram behind him and instantly gathered himself and put on the mask of a cheerful Krishna again...he hid his tears and pain from Balram...that was interesting. 

Then the entire conversation about what Radha's promise to Vrishbhaan means to their story...so many lovely lines in there from Krishna..."Jin baadhaaon ko main todne aaya hoon, pehle un baadhaaon ka hona bhi toh zaroori hai"...To teach a lesson about love, those obstacles have to first be in place for Krishna to ultimately remove them😊...and when Balram laments that Radha's promise will make everything impossible now, Krishna tells him with a quiet steadiness, "Prem woh hai jo asambhav ko sambhav banaata hai, Dau"...Love is the force which makes the impossible, possible...

The really touching part about this scene was the way one could sense the underlying sorrow in Krishna even as he talked about the future and the obstacles that must be overcome...he was sad about Radha's promise but at the same time determined about the power of love. The way he wryly talked about the fact that he knows he can fix everything with a snap of his fingers...but prem is not made of maya...it's made of samarpan...submitting yourself to someone. The lines in this scene were just reallyyy lovely πŸ‘...I also loved the symbolism of the clouds covering the moon and the way Krishna was watching that before he removed the clouds with a snap of his fingers to demonstrate he could change things if he wanted...but that would not really help the cause of love. 

Once again the show does such a wonderful job of capturing that space b/w God and human...Krishna knows everything about what is to come and the choices Radha will make...he feels the pain of those choices but his determination towards love never wavers...the way he talks about how Radha has the right to choose her path but he too then has the right to change his path accordingly to reach his love..."Jab jab Radha apni dhaara badlegi, tab tab mere prem ki dhaara bhi badlegi"...the wry smile with which he says ki yes he will feel burn in the fire of seperation/virah but at the same time, like the flow of water he will find his way to Radha every time. 

The bg score of this scene was really nice...and Krishna talking about how this is not the end, but the beginning of a new chapter also felt quite promising :)

The rest of the epi was about Radha being instigated and angered into lashing out at Krishna...lol Ayan took up his villain act many notches today...seemed inspired from Disney villains with the loud animated hand movements πŸ˜†

In all of Radha's angry tirade, the lines that stood out to me were about the fear of a new idea, a new soch...she blamed Krishna for injecting a new way of thinking into her safe and simple world...the contrast b/w dogmatic and progressive thinking couldn't be clearer in that moment...she blamed Krishna for creating an atmosphere where her father doubted her...where now apparently all fathers will doubt their young daughters and the daughters themselves will have to live all their lives being wary of their own actions and thoughts...where they'll have to fear whether a simple smile will be mistaken as a flirtation and invitation to "prem"...to me, these lines felt quite relevant to how patriarchal thinking evolves...where men compel women to feel that THEY are the ones who must constantly live in fear of their actions being misconstrued as "invitations", where THEY are the ones who must always feel the burden of living up to the "honor" of the men in their lives...fathers, brothers, husbands...Radha was the personification of that ideology in this scene. 

And Krishna could just listen with his head bowed, a stricken look on his face, tears falling from his eyes as she went on and on...there was nothing else he could do but let her anger flow out...Sumedh emoted so wonderfully in this scene...πŸ‘πŸ‘...I especially loved that last shot of the way he looked at Radha when she shouted at him to leave...a long look was exchanged before Radha turned and walked off in anger...but his expressions said so much. 

Then Ayan showing up for a victory lap just made me laughπŸ˜†...how smoothly Krishna put him in his place again, thanking him for instigating Radha to make him leave...because  now she will miss himπŸ˜†...and they will always find a way to meet. Ayan's overconfidence will always remain amusing to me just like it amuses KrishnaπŸ˜†

So the Van that Ayan was talking about outside Barsana...that's Vrindavan, I suppose?  So that's where Krishna will move to and Radha daudi daudi aayegi peeche to listen to the very bansuri ki dhun that she shunned todayπŸ˜†

Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

J2lover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
   What a terrific start to the week!πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ Beginning of a new chapter, with a new week!πŸ˜ƒ The starting very few minutes of the episode, showed a glimpse of the PAIN and LONGINGNESS, that krishna always hides, behind that CHEEKISH AND NAUGHTY smile of his! Krishna-balram scenes always gives me a DIVINE AURA, in an otherwise HUMAN SETUP! They discuss like two divine beings, discussing about the WORLD! It emanates such POWER from them! That sutle snap of his fingers to clear the clouds, shows, HOW EASY EVERYTHING is for him actually, but he doesn't choose that path, for GREATER GOOD! 😳 We could see, our BHAGWAAN KRISHNA in such scenes!😳 I always feel, in such scenes, Balram is the voice of question and krishna is the voice of solution! Its beautiful to hear THE LORD everytime!❀️ Though, i didn't get, exactly why he put a mask in front of balram! He could have SHARED his PAIN! But then, maybe to signify that GOD can never be VULNERABLE, even in his human form!
    I must say though,Another piece of extraordinary writing,πŸ‘ that whole CONVERSATION felt PIOUS to me! Radha's longingness could be sensed in each and every  word of his ! What amuses me everytime, is how the TADAP in THIS characterization of krishna is imbibed! We have never seen a VULNERABLE Krishna on TV, its overwhelming to watch sometimes! Imagine, if they are potraying krishna's silent love, so beautifully, how would be radha's intensity of love? Owing to historical and mytho facts that she is INDEED KNOWN TO BE 'PREM-DEEWAANI', 'KRISHNA-DEWAANI'  etc etc! They are really building up the standards high!😳 I don't know, if i would be able to handle this much INTENSITY!😳

About the radha lashing scene, i don't know, but i got a very different vibe out of it! The anger radha had for krishna, shows, how much he has affected her, in such a short time span! Why would a girl, who has met a boy, just some time back, lash out,  so outrageously at him! Some would say, it was because of her father, but then, the lashing was not in just the context of sudevi-bhairav marriage! It was about his JHOOT, his PAAKHAND, his THOUGHTS, more than just one specific act! the way she said, TUMHARI PREMIKA JHOOTI, TUMHARA PREM JHOOTA, TUM JHOOTE! I felt the undertone of bothering here! Radha's subconscious knows somewhere, the CHANGE, krishna is trying to bring in the village, would affect her too someday! Yesterday, that fear was screaming her to run away from HIM!πŸ˜† That's why she wants him out of barsana!πŸ˜†That extreme anger, does signify, how deeply, krishna AFFECTS her!😳 Sumedh did such an amazing job, enacting in that scene! What caught me, is, his trying to play the flute, in the midst of those tears, but he just couldn't!πŸ‘

I would like to note the kritida vishbhan scene too! The patriarchal Vs liberal society views, were highlighted quite significantly! I can see it coming, how kritida would be the SUPPORTIVE mother in radha-krishna affair, and the father would be a villain!πŸ˜† I hope, they won't be dramatizing that much in the future with regards to this!πŸ˜†

Ayan ke toh kya kehene! I always found his character funny!πŸ˜† He tries to be this pseudo alpha male everytime!πŸ˜† May it be, competing with balram in terms of strength or with krishna in terms of love!πŸ˜† I always wonder, what would be krishna be thinking, whenever, ayan proclaims his HAKK over radha!πŸ˜† He's like a kid, whom krishna always allows to win, just as a PASTIME for him!πŸ˜† Though, no offense to the actor playing him! He's defo doing a good job! Its just, the hand gestures he does, which makes it a little funny!πŸ˜†

Now, the vrindavan storyline could be predicted a bit! Atleast the part of, how radha would accompany krishna! Again mamashree kans to krishna's resue!πŸ˜† Such a catalyst he is, in THEIR LOVE-STORY!😳 Now, bakasur will destroy barsana, and radha aayegi fir daudi daudi usske 'mayavi' ke paas wapis!πŸ˜†

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: J2lover

Though, i didn't get, exactly why he put a mask in front of balram! He could have SHARED his PAIN! But then, maybe to signify that GOD can never be VULNERABLE, even in his human form!

I don't think it's to signify that God can never be vulnerable...seemed to me more like he likes to project a positive approach to bolster the hope for everyone...he hides his own pain so that he can comfort others...in this case, Balram...even though Balram could probably still sense his pain but still Krishna was the one giving HIM assurance that everything will work out. 

Imagine, if they are potraying krishna's silent love, so beautifully, how would be radha's intensity of love? Owing to historical and mytho facts that she is INDEED KNOWN TO BE 'PREM-DEEWAANI', 'KRISHNA-DEWAANI'  etc etc! They are really building up the standards high!😳 I don't know, if i would be able to handle this much INTENSITY!😳

LOL well Radha is currently being shunned by most ppl here...so dunno if anyone is interested in Radha's intensity of love here. Those of us interested in seeing  her journey seem to be a small minority here. 

About the radha lashing scene, i don't know, but i got a very different vibe out of it! The anger radha had for krishna, shows, how much he has affected her, in such a short time span! Why would a girl, who has met a boy, just some time back, lash out,  so outrageously at him! Some would say, it was because of her father, but then, the lashing was not in just the context of sudevi-bhairav marriage! It was about his JHOOT, his PAAKHAND, his THOUGHTS, more than just one specific act! the way she said, TUMHARI PREMIKA JHOOTI, TUMHARA PREM JHOOTA, TUM JHOOTE! I felt the undertone of bothering here! Radha's subconscious knows somewhere, the CHANGE, krishna is trying to bring in the village, would affect her too someday! Yesterday, that fear was screaming her to run away from HIM!πŸ˜† That's why she wants him out of barsana!πŸ˜†That extreme anger, does signify, how deeply, krishna AFFECTS her!😳 

Well, obviously Radha is affected by Krishna, has been defensive about the change he brings in her...that was already a given since many days, no?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†...but I felt her lines about how girls will now have to live in constant fear of their actions being judged and Krishna is the one that has brought in this SOCH into their simple lives were indicative of the larger dogmatic patriarchy that exists around the world to suppress women.  

He HAS lied a lot to her...that is why she is filled to the brim with so much emotion and she lashed out...her father also wound her up...and that is why Krishna just let her get it all out without saying much in response. 

I would like to note the kritida vishbhan scene too! The patriarchal Vs liberal society views, were highlighted quite significantly! I can see it coming, how kritida would be the SUPPORTIVE mother in radha-krishna affair, and the father would be a villain!πŸ˜† I hope, they won't be dramatizing that much in the future with regards to this!πŸ˜†  LOL drama toh hoga hi...as long as it's well executed, I don't mind. 

Ayan ke toh kya kehene! I always found his character funny!πŸ˜† He tries to be this pseudo alpha male everytime!πŸ˜† May it be, competing with balram in terms of strength or with krishna in terms of love!πŸ˜† I always wonder, what would be krishna be thinking, whenever, ayan proclaims his HAKK over radha!πŸ˜† He's like a kid, whom krishna always allows to win, just as a PASTIME for him!πŸ˜† Though, no offense to the actor playing him! He's defo doing a good job! Its just, the hand gestures he does, which makes it a little funny!πŸ˜†   The actor playing Ayan is deffo doing a good job but his overconfidence makes him a mostly harmless villain to me...lol 

Now, the vrindavan storyline could be predicted a bit! Atleast the part of, how radha would accompany krishna! Again mamashree kans to krishna's resue!πŸ˜† Such a catalyst he is, in THEIR LOVE-STORY!😳 Now, bakasur will destroy barsana, and radha aayegi fir daudi daudi usske 'mayavi' ke paas wapis!πŸ˜†

Oh is that how the legend goes? Whole of Barsana will be destroyed by Bakasur and that is why they will all relocated to Vrindavan? Interesting

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: J2lover

Hehe! Dunno about others, but am definitely looking forward to her journey!  Frankly, i have always been interested in watching the JOURNEY of a love story, till the LOVE REALIZATION! I have mostly left watching  shows after the protagonists realize it!πŸ˜† I am always more interested in the JOURNEY than the DESTINATION! Infact, in this case, we all know the DESTINATION! THE END, right? Also, radha could show so many shades of emotions, owing she is a human, than krishna! I hope, the makers utilize mallika's talent to the fullest!😳

Exactly. But again, very few of us here think that wayπŸ˜†.  Both Radha and Krishna have scope to show plenty of emotion in their human form...even Krishna navigates such a range of emotion with his nautanki and then his vulnerable moments...with Radha, currently fear and anger cloud her personality but she also has her softer moments...Malika is doing a good job of this role and yes, I hope the makers give her more range to play with in the upcoming storylines. 

So true! Radha did put up some valid points! But, sometimes i feel, the LOVE krishna keeps talking about, which he has for radha! Does she even feel the void of that love, in the first place? I mean, she was right somewhere, when she said that even, without krishna, her life was, smooth, simple and happy! So, instead of making her go through the journey of attaining PURITY, shouldn't the first thing krishna should do, is to create a VOID of LOVE in her life?πŸ˜•

I do feel she feels a void...but again, the issue here is of conscious v/s subconscious feelings...if she didn't feel a void, she wouldn't be so moved by what she sees in Krishna's eyes...she specifically said, "I saw something beautiful in your eyes"...you can see the yearning in her eyes in response...her saying that her life was simple and happy is her conscious conditioning speaking...her life was never simple because since childhood, she has been hearing the sound of his flute and being restlessly drawn to it. So her saying my life was simple without you is just an angry defensive retort...she hates acknowledging the fact that there has always been a void in her life...it was all ok until she didn't know WHAT the void was for...now Krishna brings volatility and restlessness in her life and she doesn't know how to cope...you can't jump from a void to fulfillment in the blink of an eye...you have to travel through some volatility first...that is where Radha is now. 

I Just hope, vrishbhan doesn't end up like sudevi's father when the time comes! The honor killing part i mean!πŸ₯±

I don't think Vrishbhaan will go the way of Sudevi's father...he seems to be more the emotionally blackmailing kind of father...he was guilt tripping Radha more than going the route of honor killing...don't think he'd ever reach that point...they will keep Jatila and Ayan around for that kind of crazy drama.