Nov. 1st: The House of Lies Crumbles

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I found today's episode to be very interesting and layered. A lot of this show is built up like the Acts in a stage play...where the characters all move around like chess pieces from act to act and Krishna serves both as narrator and participant...he is simultaneously a chess piece himself as well as the one outside the story in a sense too. 

The amusement of Krishna and Balram's nautanki and other attempts today to dupe everyone into believing they were the real victims here can be kept aside, cuz ultimately they did lie a lot...and those lies ultimately fell apart and faced some consequences. The Lord himself couldn't outrun building up THAT much of a castle of lies๐Ÿ˜†

Radha is a seriously misunderstood character in some ways, unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜†. It seems the only expectation from her is that she smile and dance with Krishna all the time...as if there isn't supposed to be anything else to her existence๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†. Time and again the show reiterates that the basis of this story is a Radha who doesn't remember or recognize love and Krishna...so to expect that her perspective will match that of other ppl with romantic notions is a fallacy in some ways, no? The way I see it, the writers are trying to give her a character graph and evolve her SOCH. That is the crux of this show...if Radha and Krishna are already on the same page viewpoint-wise, what exact story is left here? lol that's the end of the show then, no? The whole world already knows them as legendary lovers...so what other point is left to prove? Instead what we have here is a journey of understanding love through a clash of perspectives b/w Radha and Krishna. I wish more ppl were able to understand that basic point. 

I see so much outrage over how Radha is supposedly "anti-love"...lol but can anyone take a minute to pause and try to see this from the perspective of a girl who doesn't instantly revere Krishna as a divine all knowing being? A girl who has seen him lie outrageously over and over again, and try to trap others in his lies...why won't she feel prejudiced against him then? ๐Ÿ˜•

There is so much going on in every epi on so many levels, it can't possibly just be distilled down to "anti-love" Radha, for pete's sake. Radha currently happens to have a different worldview based on her experiences...she doesn't know a love beyond that of the ppl she's related to...here is a stranger walking in and spinning tales...why is she expected to automatically fall in line with his perspective? 

Again and again, the characters run to Kanha and ask him why he isn't doing anything to help them...this is a metaphor for how we all plead with God to fix everything in our lives automatically through his magic without wanting to make the efforts ourselves...and that is why Kanha points out to Bhairav again that God only helps those who help themselves...when Bhairav's own love Sudevi lacks the courage to fight for their love, that is when their love loses...we see a girl facing tremendous pressure from society, her parents...so she falters...but at the end of the day, unless she finds the courage to stand up for herself, God can't help her. 

In the precap as well, we see Balram asking Krishna why won't he help a Bhairav who is being lashed as punishment...and Kanha yet again reminds everyone that he isn't here to help lovers...he is here to explain the very definition of love.  Every lash on Bhairav's body is felt by Kanha himself too...that is the Lord suffering on behalf of all humanity...that suffering is a part of love...and that is part of the lesson that mankind needs to learn too as they make their set of mistakes along this journey. 

The whole point of the show is to understand that...that this is about TEACHING...about LEARNING. There are no instant happy results here. As long as one sees that the path is leading towards a point, I see that as good writing and execution. 
Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
First of all I got ur point but the show is itself based now on fiction sec..the real Radharani as per scriptures was not like this..
Third having another ideology or opinion doesn't make anyone closed eyes like Cv's Radha...
fourth
yes some of us has problem n claimed its ANTI Love Radha here by Cvs
so can't we have opinion 
who said even if Radha being in love n have same ideology then show will end...
Script has many things 
still get it what Cvs want to show Anti Radha to Premi Devoted Radha but the execution is horrible...
Lie isn't crumble all r maya by Lord himself..
We have a problem with execution of Radharani n how they want to show ...n adding fiction ...
but its really appalling we can't ahve different opinion or say Anti Love Radha..

I got ur point analysis but fact is Cvs messed up badly n executed wrong way...
n for few things sply with Puran we can't play all time n add fiction if also then execute good way...
anyway I respect ur point...hope u will get ours...

Edited by Janakivallav - 5 years ago
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
I agree show has n sply today's epi has layers but again Cvs failed to give us proper way...
n rest ur analysis is good sply ur positive approach like it..
n what u said about Lord Krishna...loved it..
no hard feeling about different opinion about Radharani.
as we both love show n wish well for it...
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janakivallav

Third having another ideology or opinion doesn't make anyone closed eyes like Cv's Radha...

That in itself is an opinion, not fact. Having a different ideology or perspective can very much blind you to another perspective. It's happening right now as you respond to my viewpoint because you are stating your opinion as a fact๐Ÿ˜†...in the case of Radha, they are trying to show that a person who isn't enlightened about love can be close minded about it...I don't see why that is so far fetched. 

fourth
yes some of us has problem n claimed its ANTI Love Radha here by Cvs
so can't we have opinion Again, this is simply your interpretation. I never said you can't have an opinion. I simply stated my reasons for why I don't think Radha is "anti-love". 

who said even if Radha being in love n have same ideology then show will end...
Script has many things 
still get it what Cvs want to show Anti Radha to Premi Devoted Radha but the execution is horrible... That again, is your opinion, not fact. I disagree and feel the execution is quite nice and layered. 

On the issue of purans, I personally am not an expert or knowledgeable about the purans but am viewing this show as a spiritual story which is trying to show a journey for the character of Radha...and in my opinion, an ideological conflict helps set up layers to the story. 

Again, this is simply my viewpoint. I have not said much about this in the forum before seeing the blanket opinions against Radha since many days. Simply felt like speaking up about my viewpoint today. You are welcome to disagree. I'm sure we can all co-exist here with our differing opinions.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janakivallav

I agree show has n sply today's epi has layers but again Cvs failed to give us proper way...

n rest ur analysis is good sply ur positive approach like it..
n what u said about Lord Krishna...loved it..
no hard feeling about different opinion about Radharani.
as we both love show n wish well for it...

Thank you. There are no hard feelings from my side either. The show has a lot to be savored.  We can agree to disagree about Radha ๐Ÿ˜Š
KrishnaSourav thumbnail

On the issue of purans, I personally am not an expert or knowledgeable about the purans but am viewing this show as a spiritual story which is trying to show a journey for the character of Radha...and in my opinion, an ideological conflict helps set up layers to the story. 

Again, this is simply my viewpoint. I have not said much about this in the forum before seeing the blanket opinions against Radha since many days. Simply felt like speaking up about my viewpoint today. You are welcome to disagree. I'm sure we can all co-exist here with our differing opinions.

no issue agree purana is vast thing not everyone know even including me ...but fiction is fiction still we r watching it as they r telling good story but somehow with different ideology also can't make good story if they can't execute certain things good way...
as its my view not fact...
u r always welcome to say n yes we have opinion against radha for certain things..she can have her own mind like 16 yrs old ...neither we can her dance sing n do romance with Kanha all time but even forget puran behave like 16 yr old ...anyway its my view...
KrishnaSourav thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Thank you. There are no hard feelings from my side either. The show has a lot to be savored.  We can agree to disagree about Radha ๐Ÿ˜Š

welcome ...Sure...
sargam. thumbnail
Wow,beautiful post.I like how you compare things happening in the show with the real life situations.This show actually answers so many questions.
Krishna is so unpredictable,i kept on guessing what might be going in his head but always fail miserably :D
Radha,sometimes i get very amazed to see her,she gets so angry on Krishna at times but i mostly see her as an immature kid like you say its about enlightment.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: sargam.

Wow,beautiful post.I like how you compare things happening in the show with the real life situations.This show actually answers so many questions.

Krishna is so unpredictable,i kept on guessing what might be going in his head but always fail miserably :D
Radha,sometimes i get very amazed to see her,she gets so angry on Krishna at times but i mostly see her as an immature kid like you say its about enlightment.

Thank you :) 

Re: Krishna...haha yes, he is definitely unpredictable and always keeps you guessing about how far he will take the nautanki or what's going on in his mind at any given moment. 

Re: Radha...ofcourse she is immature...she is barely 16 in the story...and on top of that, her ideology is very sheltered, very close-minded, very conservative...if she is viewed not as a divine figure, but as a regular girl (which is what the story pitches her as currently IMO), she is very much understandable. 

She gets angry with Krishna because he's constantly playing games with her and lying to her...try to put yourself in her shoes...you barely know a guy and he is constantly spinning lies around you...will you not feel angry with him? Will you not feel confused about what all he's doing? 

Radha is the medium as well as the ultimate goal in Krishna's journey of teaching love...he tries to open up her eyes by not simply giving her lectures but also demonstrating. These charades he puts up are all part of a larger goal always...he wants Radha and the other characters in this story to open up their minds on their own and understand what he's trying to teach them...he nudges them along...but he is ultimately a part of the story himself as well here...so he tries to teach them while being one of the characters in the story. 

I find that idea very interesting...that he is both the puppetmaster as well as the puppet sometimes...he may be smirking in a crafty fashion many times...but as we see in the precap, he too experiences the pain and emotions of his beloved mankind as they go through that...he is both living this journey with them as well as trying to teach them to achieve higher enlightenment about love...it's a beautiful thought. 
AreYaar thumbnail
Some more thoughts on Radha:

Today, for once, I didn't feel like she was being petulant just in irritation of Krishna getting one up on her...she was genuinely upset over his blatant lying and charades because it wasn't just for small things anymore. 

And in the very end, a Radha who is generally bholi did use her brains to manage to trap Balram into speaking the truth...this shows that she is intelligent and knows how to take a stand. She had to speak up because the charade was getting so out of hand and she felt the situation had become drastic with the groomswap. 

Radha wanted to stand up for the truth and justice in this case...she felt it was unjust that the parents were being duped about who their daughter was being married to. 

Everyone in this situation basically had their own agenda...lol. Bhairav just wanted to get married to Sudevi by any means. Sudevi wanted to marry Bhairav but was too scared to speak up. Krishna wanted to unite the two lovers. Balram just wanted to go along with Krishna. Radha just wanted to stop the wedding because she felt it was deceitful in the way it was happening and the grand declarations of love didn't feel like a good enough justification to her. Finally, the clans by themselves simply came down to fighting for their honor and the whole situation unraveled...lol