Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
didn't expect PC to do this...  any other day, any other event would've been okay, but why in one of her wedding functions... She doesn't need to do this for publicity
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

FELICITY HUFFMAN SAYS IT'S TRUE THAT HARVEY WEINSTEIN THREATENED HER CAREER IF SHE DIDN'T WEAR MARCHESA

Felicity Huffman confirmed in an interview that Harvey used to threaten actresses to wear Marchesa, so it is not just a rumor. I like PC but I feel she is in the wrong for promoting Marchesa and calling Georgina a self-made woman.  

Could not post the article because it contain some words that should not be posted but here is the link.

Edited by Melissaa - 5 years ago
Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissaa

FELICITY HUFFMAN SAYS IT'S TRUE THAT HARVEY WEINSTEIN THREATENED HER CAREER IF SHE DIDN'T WEAR MARCHESA

Felicity Huffman confirmed in an interview that Harvey used to threaten actresses to wear Marchesa, so it is not just a rumor. I like PC but I feel she is in the wrong by promoting Marchesa and calling Georgina a self-made woman.  

Could not post the article because it contain some words that should not be posted but here is the link.

Some excperts from the article: 

Felicity Huffman has confirmed that Harvey Weinstein once threatened her career if she didn't support his wife Georgina Chapman's fashion brand Marchesa.

After an L.A.-based publicist revealed to The Hollywood Reporter's Booth Moore that the film mogul once told the Desperate Housewives alum that he wouldn't put any money behind promoting her 2005 film Transamerica unless she wore Marchesa on the red carpet, Huffman told pop culture site Too Fab that the news was true while attending the Eva Longoria Foundation Gala in Los Angeles on Thursday.

He was the mastermind behind Marchesa orchestrating deals and using his influence in terms of the celebrity connections for her on behalf of the brand," said the same publicist, adding that her understanding of their marriage was that "they both benefited from the relationship, but she certainly knew about his bad behavior."

Longtime L.A.-based designer Kevan Hall, who dressed Huffman for many occasions, including the 2005 Emmys when she won for Desperate Housewives, also confirmed the above. "I was disappointed when she told me that she could not wear my gown for her nomination for Transamericabecause the 'godfather' said she had to wear 'his girlfriend's collection,'" the designer told THR via email. Hall also served as the creative director of Halston from fall 1998 to spring 2000, reviving the American fashion brand long before Weinstein got involved with trying to relaunch the label in 2006. Hall launched his own namesake collection in 2002.

Sienna Miller also dealt with a similar situation, according to another publicist. The actress was once also shown a gown by another designer she liked, but ultimately ended up having to wear Marchesa because the Factory Girl star would be sitting with Weinstein and Chapman at the Golden Globes and "he would be very upset if she didn't wear Marchesa."
Edited by Melissaa - 5 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Aren't PC and Nick represented by same talent agency? WME or sth?  
Usually these hw talent agents hook their clients up for publicity. Not that I am implying PRICK are fake but one definitely wonders coz one has wondering mind ðŸ˜† 

Waise this girl supporting girl or women supporting women is all hypocritical. If not for personal gain and agenda nobody does apart from few genuine ones.