Here's why Priyanka Chopra wore a dress by Harvey Weinstein's ex-wife

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Post the sexual harassment accusations against Harvey came out, many people distanced themseleves from the brand which was once a red carpet favourite amongst stars. For the unversed, he was accused of sexual harassment and misconduct not by one but 60 women last year. A-listers such as Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow too accused him.

After the controversy, it was Scarlett Johansson who was the first celeb to wear one of Marchesa outfit at the Met Gala this year, and now, Priyanka chose the same brand for her bridal shower. She came out in support of her by purposely wearing the outfit by Marchesa. In an interview with Women's Wear Daily PeeCee was asked why she chose the brand to which she said how it's not her (Georgina's) fault' and how wearing the dress was 'the right choice'. "Georgina's a friend of mine, and she has been. And it's not her fault. And I don't think it's right to take it out on a self-made woman what somebody in her life did. That's the wrong attitude. I've known her for years, and that was a beautiful gown and deserved to be worn by a bride-to-be. And it made me feel like a princess. It was the right choice," PeeCee told women's wear daily.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
We need to relate this to Bollywood since it's bollywood forum. It's like everyone boycotting Farah for Sajid's behaviour but no ones doing that.
dingle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There's a major difference. Sajid didn't sexually harass and rape women and then make them star in Farah's movies.

Weinstein did. He raped, threatened, bullied women and forced them to wear his wife's brand and promote it. Her brand is tainted by association which is why for now no major star is endorsing it. And if they are then they get called on it

She must have known about the criticism it would encourage so either she needed to be in the news or it's part of her Vogue sponsorship/coverage.

Women supporting women doesn't seem to count when she's linked with married men (low blow I know but it's an example of hypocrisy)
dingle thumbnail
She looked hot though

I'm editing to add I don't blame His wife for it personally but her brand is taintedEdited by dingle - 5 years ago
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Iam sure priyanka was paid a huge chuck to wear this dress...being a bussiness minded & oppurtunist she didnt let this chance go and not the otherwise like weinstein's wife is my best friend blah blah !! Edited by fivestars - 5 years ago
Justwatching thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
PC sure has a lot of seasonal best friends
Justwatching thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
"And I don't think it's right to take it out on a self-made woman what somebody in her life did"

Lmao! That's like saying gauri designs (one of indias biggest interior designs) is self made and srk is just "somebody" in gauris life...

Seriously... are we expected to believe BW biggies, socialites and Netflix CEOs shop at G designs cause of gauri? It has nothing to do with SRK?

The events and launches at her stores... all the A-list showed up for them cause of gauri not cause of SRK?

PC fans are now even defending a harvey funded brand... wow just wow...

Pc just sold out herself for a little relevance and attention by vogue...

Whatever happened to her MeToo stories of saying no to a director cause she overheard him asking a costume designer to make sure a certain amount of skin/undies show...
But she has no issues promoting a brand which was funded by Weinstein and which he forced women to wear (along with forcing them to do many other things) but I guess ok as long as she feels like PWINCESSS in it...
The "junglee billi" becomes a "bheegi billi" when it comes to saying no to bigger culprits
Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pretty dumb from her side but then she did it on purpose and now trying to cash attention with such statements. Bad or good PR it doesnt matter its important to be talked about and She is trying that.
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

It's his ex-wife not current 
Pc knows her before and she can wear what she wants wearing his ex-wife's clothes does not mean she supports the act
dingle thumbnail
She only became his ex after his arrest. And he has partial ownership of the brand too so he's still earning from it