Oct 23rd: Clash of ideologies

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
The writers have chosen an interesting backdrop with Sudevi's love story with Bhairav to introduce the topic of love officially into conversations between Radha and Krishna. 

Krishna has spoken of being in love many times before to Radha but today for the first time they got to officially discuss the topic of love and their differing ideologies over it. 

First off, I have to point out that Krishna was at some of his WILY best today😆...all the nautanki in the market when he knew they were all following him😆...and the way he kept telling Ayan to keep quiet and not interrupt when Sudevi/Bhairav were trying to explain their story😆...matlab kya perfect shut up call thi...aaj toh Ayan ki haalat dekhne waali thi😆...damn, there's clever and then there's Krishna levels of clever😆

How cleverly did he manage to coax out the whole story in such a way so that he is able to project it as him trying to be on Radha's side as her friend and at the same time coax Radha to provide her definition of love, and then he himself gave a general sermon on love. 

So what we have right now is that age old conundrum of what the DEFINITION of love is...for Krishna, it's spiritual, all encompassing, supreme...while Radha in her currently unenlightened state is not able to understand love beyond the immediate relations in her life and the general norms of society...frankly her definition of love is one any traditional/conservative girl would subscribe to...that it is the love she feels for her parents and she will follow the path her parents choose for her, then love whichever man she is married off to...here, love is a DUTY for her. She feels averse to anything that doesn't fall under the rigid rules of the society that she has been conditioned into...anything that involves hiding something from her parents. 

Krishna counters all this by pointing out that love is more complex, more multi-layered than this...some beautiful descriptions in this bit...loved the dialogues..."Prem sabse kathin shaastra hai...aur sabse saral bhi. Prem do logon ke ek hone ke beej se phoot ta hai, viraah ki tapan mein badhta hai, aur aansuon se phailta hai...yeh vidyalay ka nahin, hriday ka shaastra hai" 

I also liked how the topic of family pride was addressed since this is again a common point raised in many love stories regarding family opposition...the way Radha put forth the point that the parents will be humiliated in all this...so Krishna counters, shouldn't the happiness of the child automatically bring happiness to the parents as well? That love is the key to all the happiness and joy a parent wishes for their child. 

The scene had Krishna trying quite hard to make Radha understand his point..."Prem ko samjho, Radha"...but Radha is like a bit of a mutinous kid right now...lol ki samajhna hi nahin hai...haha but it's understandable given the stage she is currently in...when the eyes of your soul are determinedly shut, it's hard to open them so easily. 

Radha will need to experience many things first hand to be able to begin to open her eyes...when you yourself have never experienced a certain emotion, it's harder to identify...that is the case with her right now. 

I also liked how the whole discussion was tied in nicely with the Krishna Vani in the end...about how parents spend their whole life nurturing their children and when the child is ready to fly on their own independently, sometimes those very parents want to pull them back down so that they don't fly away too far...the way Krishna explained that sometimes MOH weighs down love...and that is when it starts to become selfish...so very true for so many relationships. 

I liked the end of the forest scene too when Krishna stops the discussion and says ok you tell me what you want, Radha and your wish will be my command as your friend...and the mischievous smile he gave her in the end before leaving shows he's gonna find a way to keep that "promise" through a play on words and marry Sudevi off to Bhairav only...lol...bholi Radha actually believes he'll keep his promise cuz he so badly wants to be her friend😆

Precap mein again nautanki by Krishna...haha seems like some action packed epis coming up😆
Edited by AreYaar - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lodestar thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Hi AreYaar. Recently started watching the show & binge watched all episodes in 3 days.
Glad to find this serial in lack of good serials nowadays.
First of all I am very impressed by the aesthetics in the show. From the colours to costumes everything is pleasing to the eyes. Also they have done the casting of Radha- Krishna right- both the divine ones & later teenage ones. 
Though the adult RadhaKrishn were only for 1 episode but they made such an impression with the portrayal of love between them. It was divine indeed. The teenage human versions of them have just started the journey on the long road of reaching such divinity in love & yesterday's scenario has opened the discussion of what is love amongst them.
Really liked the points out forward by both RadhaKrishn in defence of their arguments. Radha currently is a sheltered naive ghar ki ladli. She has not yet felt love as an emotion for anyone other than her parents & family. So she doesn't understand why Sudevi would go against her family & clan for a boy whom she has just known for a year. So easily she asks her friend to forget her love & continue her life as planned. Falling in love with Krishn would make her realise how difficult it is to actually let go of your love. That I believe is her journey & Krishn is her mentor. 
Right now we have seen many shades of Krishn, be it divine God or naughty mischief maker. But hopefully we will get to see various shades of Radha as well. What is it that makes her so dear to Krishn. Would love to see her character flesh out more. 

The VFX team has also done a good job for a daily show. Kudos to them.

Special mention to the Krishn vanis at the end of each episode. 

Good mythology show after a long time.

Viswasruti thumbnail
This is really a thought-provoking post !  You have given new meanings to the scenes of this episode!👏
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lodestar

Hi AreYaar. Recently started watching the show & binge watched all episodes in 3 days.

Glad to find this serial in lack of good serials nowadays.
First of all I am very impressed by the aesthetics in the show. From the colours to costumes everything is pleasing to the eyes. Also they have done the casting of Radha- Krishna right- both the divine ones & later teenage ones. 
Though the adult RadhaKrishn were only for 1 episode but they made such an impression with the portrayal of love between them. It was divine indeed. The teenage human versions of them have just started the journey on the long road of reaching such divinity in love & yesterday's scenario has opened the discussion of what is love amongst them.
Really liked the points out forward by both RadhaKrishn in defence of their arguments. Radha currently is a sheltered naive ghar ki ladli. She has not yet felt love as an emotion for anyone other than her parents & family. So she doesn't understand why Sudevi would go against her family & clan for a boy whom she has just known for a year. So easily she asks her friend to forget her love & continue her life as planned. Falling in love with Krishn would make her realise how difficult it is to actually let go of your love. That I believe is her journey & Krishn is her mentor. 
Right now we have seen many shades of Krishn, be it divine God or naughty mischief maker. But hopefully we will get to see various shades of Radha as well. What is it that makes her so dear to Krishn. Would love to see her character flesh out more. 

The VFX team has also done a good job for a daily show. Kudos to them.

Special mention to the Krishn vanis at the end of each episode. 

Good mythology show after a long time.

Hi Lodestar, that's a very nice review. I completely agree with all the points you made, including adult Radha-Krishna having made a strong impression even though they were shown only for one episode...clearly the writing/casting/direction all had a lot of thought put into it and it's showing in the final product :)  Most mytho shows these days start on a very typical note and follow a predictable path...this one feels a bit different and that is why has engaged my interest too. 

@bold: Yes, that's exactly it...she's a sheltered girl who doesn't know the world beyond her village or what she has been taught by her parents...love and duty are intertwined for her so she cannot comprehend a love that steps out of the bounds of duty...even the way she first spoke to Sudevi about marriage showed that her thoughts are very traditional about how she must marry whoever her parents choose for her and going against their wishes is unthinkable to her. 

Krishna is trying to help her open up her mind, expand her worldview to understand the nuances of love. So yes, he will be her mentor on this journey of understanding and fully experiencing the depth of love...I find it endearing the way he gently tries to guide her into understanding..."Samjho, Radha"...there is that sense of guidance from a divine being too...the relationship between God and man...as human beings, we find it hard to comprehend larger truths...I like how that metaphor also comes through in this equation b/w Radha Krishna. 
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
This show has got my interest back on television after a long time.
And I am overwhelmed with the perfect cast and the way it is presented on the screen.
You have said it all.