Simran not wrong this time.....

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi Forum friends,

Simran did make a mistake by not telling Astha the truth for 18 years about her true identity.It was her own insecurity because she became possessive about her.

But this time she is justified in waiting for the right time. Astha has such hostile feelings towards Sia and openly shows it.If you watch the episodes closely,you will realise it's only a day since they have returned from Goa although it seems like a whole week. Simran herself is very upset that Abhi has decided to continue his self exile as he calls it.

Don't you guys feel that Simran also needs some time to think how to break the news gently to Astha? Do you really feel she is being selfish by not telling her immediately? If she didn't care about the repercussions she could have just announced the truth about Sia and brought her home and let Astha feel what she wants.It is her sense of fairness and genuine love for Astha that's making her keep Sia away.

People in the US will know what I am talking about when they see those episodes where Simran checks Sia into a hotel and goes home to Astha. Very well enacted scenes and dialogues!

From the info about the episodes coming up next week,we already know that Simran takes the decision of bringing Abhi and his parents face to face.

Astha's anger, insecurity,jealousy are all understandable but her insolent behavior and insults and taunts hurled at Simran are hard to stomach.She really need to be handled with kid gloves.

My thoughts, friends.

Cheers,

Akshata

Edited by Akshata - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vvrsun thumbnail

I think Simran is compounding the error already made. As I said elsewhere in this forum, when Abhi lets the cat out of the bag, Astha is sure to go ballistic ๐Ÿ˜ƒ .

Whatever timing Simran thinks is right to disclose all the facts to Astha, since several lies have already been established, in Astha's traumatized mind this is going to be the last straw.

I personally think an actor is good if he/she achieves the end results, by protraying the character that person plays. In this respect, full marks to Nikki (tortured/strong minded/loving) and Yuvika (utterly spoilt brat, possessive and selfish). Aloknath just hams, and Varun muddles along, the actor who plays Bhavani is good and is what props up the scenes with Abhi.

chweetweety thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree wid u Akshata
dalals thumbnail

I guess she is an over protected and overly spoiled kid hence the over reaction. You would be surprised but this is somewhat typical of american kids, they have very volatile tempers and would react probably the same way as Aastha does. It is no surprise for us here that she is behaving so irrationaly and irritably. Kids here are very brass and would call a spade a spade right on the face, even if that happens to be their own parent. Specially rich kids are spoiled to death by their parents enormous wealth.

Aastha being an upper class sibling seems to be very westernized in her behaviour. I am seeing this trend in all Indain serials that they show these kids with very western mannerisms. I left country way back in 1988. I do not know if the society has really changed so much or it is just the Films and Television media.

Edited by dalals - 19 years ago
innocentindian thumbnail

hmmm ... v.interesting point u have brought up akshata....v.interesting indeed....

Personally, I'm not sure there is a right or wrong...I think simran has put herself into a catch-22 situation i.e. she has put hereself in a corner whereby it seems to me that whatever she does is wrong.

I agree with u that gudiya's mentality at the moment is such that simran just cannot tell her and has therefore decided to wait for the right time...but simran is wrong in that as well cos then again gudiya will feel she is being lied to and again be more resentful.

In that case the question beckons as to whether simran should just sit her down, tell her that yes they have lied to her in the past, explain why they did it, apologise for hurting her inadvertently, assure her of their love, and then proceed to explain the current situation in its true form, and go thru their life story the way they did with sia? Why can't she just do this? Well, I think she can't simply because she lied to her for 18 yrs. That lying has had a huge impact on gudiya as has the fact that she has been spoilt rotten and is just not understanding enough to calmly digest the matter and accept it. Not only will she not "just accept it" (?) but she will throw the "mother of all tantrums", and maybe even begin behaving like radhaji, or some other similar manner. This is what simran is afriad of, this is what simran wants to avoid. Hence her behaviour. Behaviour in which she has to leave her blood-daughter (who is also totally innocent in all this) at a hotel so that the girl who she has brought up as her own daughter, who she has loved as her own daughter, does not get hurt so much that she damages herself. (Another point to note is that not only is all this unfair to gudiya, but it is also unfair to sia.)

So whether simran comes clean or not, either way she is a loser. Talking of losers, the biggest blame rests with abhi imho (or maybe not-so-humble this time๐Ÿ˜‰).... if he hadn't run away time and again, this would not have happened. Not only that, but even if he had at least accompanied simran back from goa this time, then the matter could have been handled better. But of course, Abhi can't be helpful can he?

Having said all this, I do wonder whether mr.sinha has got an incredible solution to all this. If he has then I can't wait to see it. That really would be wonderful...Let's see ...

Edited by innocentindian - 19 years ago
peacestead thumbnail

Originally posted by: innocentindian

hmmm ... v.interesting point u have brought up akshata....v.interesting indeed....

Personally, I'm not sure there is a right or wrong...I think simran has put herself into a catch-22 situation i.e. she has put hereself in a corner whereby it seems to me that whatever she does is wrong.

I agree with u that gudiya's mentality at the moment is such that simran just cannot tell her and has therefore decided to wait for the right time...but simran is wrong in that as well cos then again gudiya will feel she is being lied to and again be more resentful.

In that case the question beckons as to whether simran should just sit her down, tell her that yes they have lied to her in the past, explain why they did it, apologise for hurting her inadvertently, assure her of their love, and then proceed to explain the current situation in its true form, and go thru their life story the way they did with sia? Why can't she just do this? Well, I think she can't simply because she lied to her for 18 yrs. That lying has had a huge impact on gudiya as has the fact that she has been spoilt rotten and is just not understanding enough to calmly digest the matter and accept it.

So whether simran comes clean or not, either way she is a loser. Talking of losers, the biggest blame rests with abhi imho (or maybe not-so-humble this time๐Ÿ˜‰).... if he hadn't run away time and again, this would not have happened. Not only that, but even if he had at least accompanied simran back from goa this time, then the matter could have been handled better. But of course, Abhi can't be helpful can he?

Having said all this, I do wonder whether mr.sinha has got an incredible solution to all this. If he has then I can't wait to see it. That really would be wonderful...Let's see ...

i agree, simran is damned if she does and damned if she doesnt, somehow e'one keeps concentrating on her mistakes what about the good things she hsas done eg giving astha such a wonderful life and never letting her feel that she is not her biological daughter.

iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think Simran is making a mistake by not telling Aastha the truth. She has already seen the repercussions of keeping one truth from Aastha for eighteen years and now she is commiting another mistake. I agree that Aastha is immature and "needs to be handled with kid gloves" but I still think that she has a right to know about her father. She has not even met him so far, for God's sake. Sia and she may be half-sisters but Abhi is definitely her biological father. She is bound to be angry with Simran when she comes to know about Abhi. In that respect I do feel Simran is being selfish. I think She should have told Aastha about Abhi and taken her to meet him just like she took his (Abhi's) parents. She could then have waited for a more opportune time to tell Aastha about Sia, as going by the 'cold war' between the two, Aastha would not have taken kindly to that piece of information.

As far as Aastha's insolent behavior is concerned, well all I can say is that she's a spoilt kid. Infact everyone has pampered her too much since she was the only child in the house. Also she is immature and doesn't understand how she should deal with her turmoil. Hence she vents spleen on Simran. Simran unfortunately is too caught up between the hospital, Abhi and Sia to understand Aastha's state of mind and to make her understand why she did what she did. I think she is making another blunder by not telling her about Radhaji being in an asylum. After all she is aastha's grandma and Aastha has a right to know what's going on with her. I think Simran is being selfish. Imagine how Aastha would feel when she comes to know that Simran knew about Radhaji and Abhi all this time and did not tell her.

I don't know what solution Ajay has for all this. I guess we'll just have to wait and watch.

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

i think you are right!!!!!!! I am so mad at the concept!!!

Akshata thumbnail

koihai wrote:[Also she is immature and doesn't understand how she should deal with her turmoil. Hence she vents spleen on Simran. Simran unfortunately is too caught up between the hospital, Abhi and Sia to understand Aastha's state of mind and to make her understand why she did what she did. I think she is making another blunder by not telling her about Radhaji being in an asylum. After all she is aastha's grandma and Aastha has a right to know what's going on with her. I think Simran is being selfish. Imagine how Aastha would feel when she comes to know that Simran knew about Radhaji and Abhi all this time and did not tell her.]

My thoughts......

Simran has not been given a chance to explain anything.When she went to Nasik,she pleads with Astha to just listen to her and give her a chance to explain her side but both Astha and Radhaji insult her and ask her to leave.It's only after she has returned from Goa that Astha has talked to her normally but only after mentioning how grateful she is for getting Sia out of their lives.

Astha's reaction to all this is understandable because her world has fallen apart since she learnt Simran is not her biological mother....Simran was everything to her as there was no father around.( and like someone said Yuvika manages to convince you she is right or maybe irritate others who think she is wrong).

Only Ajai Sinha knows why Astha is not being told the truth about Radhaji's whereabouts....it's beyond me why Simran is making the same mistake.๐Ÿ˜•

But where Abhi is concerned,Simran wanted to tell Astha about him as soon as she returned.His decision to continue to hide from his family has put her in a fix.She is waiting for him to be ready to face her.Perhaps she feels he needs sometime to take up all the challenges awaiting him. Just trying to read Simran's thoughts.........

After reading other views,I feel Simran is making a mistake maybe by not telling Astha the truth but she is definitely not being selfish.She is suffering the most having to keep her own child away and listening to Astha speak badly of her all the time.

What I am trying to say is that the same rule does not apply to all situations.

Cheers,

Akshata

peacestead thumbnail

I so agree with you