Silver Lining - AnuPre OS

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago

Hamko Mili Hai Aaj Ye Ghadiya Naseeb Se...

Jee Bhar Ke Dekh Lijiye Hamko Kareeb Se...

Phir Aapke Naseeb Me Ye Baat Ho Na Ho...

Shaayad Phir Iss Janam Me Mulaqat Ho Na Ho...

"You are so beautiful." He runs to catch her in his arms, caressing her cheek with his and she smiles, giggling, feeling ticklish.

"I love you so much." He sweeps her off, of her feet, twirling her around with the never fading satisfaction and gratitude adorning his eyes.

"Mai bhi tumse... bohot..." She hides herself in his chest, clutching his T-Shirt in her fist, leaving the rest of the words of her sentence incomplete, like always.

"Tum bohot acche ho." She kisses his cheek, flashing her smile and feeds him a piece of chocolate, he has given to her.

Damn this car! Kicking the tyre of his car in frustration, he pulled his shades from his eyes. He looked around the deserted area, he had been stuck in. No way, he was going to get any mechanic in the place where he couldn't see a single person till far, especially in the middle of the night.

Meeting... Shit! He had dialled the number, the soon he remembered he would not be able to make it. "I am so sorry, Mr. Mehta but I don't think, we can finalize the deal tomorrow. Yes, I know Mr. Mehta but I really can't do anything in this situation. It's okay. Let's do this after a week? Once you come back from your trip. Sure. Pleasure Mr. Mehta. Have a safe journey."

He sighed, scratching his forehead with his index finger. On seeing no other alternative, he decided to get some rest in his car till morning and he moved towards the car.

Dammit! He let out many curses when the door did not open as he had left the key in the car. Why today is so bad? Having had waited there for more than half an hour, hoping if any car comes but he was greeted with only disappointment, he started wandering around the area to see if he could get any place to stay. 

After searching for good ten minutes, he got a glimpse of a small house near the road walking further. It did not look in a great condition but it was fine, he thought. I hope someone lives here. He knocked the door, anticipated for finding someone there. There wasn't any reply which made him low again. Almost absent mindedly, he knocked again before he turned around.

"Yes?"

The soft voice that fell in his ears, made him close his eyes. Air had changed, like it used to. His heart had started beating faster, like it used to. Everything had come to life, like it used to... whenever she used to be near him.

"Prerna." He was facing her, eyes glancing at her from head to toe.

"Anurag." She whispered. "You here?" Even if she was surprised, she did not make it visible instead, pretended to be calm, more than ever. If it hadn't been her voice, he did not know; how long he would have stood there, looking at her. Breaking his reverie, he kept his hand on his heart to calm his racing heart down. "My car broke down." He couldn't manage more.

"Oh. Please come in. You will not get anything at this hour. Beside, you look tired." His gaze at sharpened at her last statement.

"That I am." Mumbling, he got in and settled on the couch. His gaze was travelling across her house which was simply decorated, neatly arranged, and clean. A smile crept on his lips recalling her inclination towards simplicity. She is still the same. He had always teased her for her obsessive compulsive disorder regarding cleanliness and even if she used to frown at the same, she couldn't deny she had gotten so used to it. 

She sat next to him, tucking her hair strands behind her ears. Some habits are just die-hard, thought he.

Silence engulfed air, secret glances at each other and that was when she cleared her throat. "Everything is good, no?" She asked, tapping her fingers on the palm of her other hand.

"Jab kisi ki zindagi se uska pyar chala jata hai, to sab accha kaise ho sakta hai Prerna?"

Ah, the pain his words held! She had frozen at her place, her fingers staying in the air.

"Aparna is in your life, isn't she? So..." She stared at him who looked back at her almost, in disbelief.

"Why would she be in my life?" He decided to dig a little bit.

"Kyunki maine hi to bheja..." Her gaze shot up at him, shutting her eyes hard. She shouldn't have said that. She really shouldn't have.

"Ah, I see." He did not know when he left his place, got near her, held her by elbow and pulled up. She had laid her eyes down, and with a push to him, she tried getting away but that wasn't what, he was going to allow, especially then. Sliding a finger underneath her chin, he made her look at him. "So, why did you send her in my life? You toh think, I don't deserve anyone, right?"

"Anurag, please."

"Kyu? Khud ki kahi hui bate sunkar takleef ho rahi hai?" He had pulled her more on to him, leaning dangerously close while she had been averting her gaze from him to avoid any eye contact.

"Waise, tumhari galti nahi hai. Maine socha hi nahi, ke shayad... shayad koi aur baat ho sakti hai. Jis ladki ko mai itne saalo se janta tha, wo achanak ek din aise behave karti hai jaise shayad maine use kabhi jana hi nahi aur mujhe weird nahi laga. Kaise maan liya maine?" He had left his grip on her and his fingers curled in a fist and landed directly on the wall behind with a force that it started bleeding. The realization was finally striking him, after eight months... eight months since her withdrawal from his life.

"Anurag please, don't do this." She cried, as the blood oozed from his hand. 

"Pehle batao, kyu kiya?" He demanded, pulling his hand back which she was trying to hold.

"Ye kya bachpana hai, Anurag?" She had enough. He was hurting himself and that was the last she could bear. 

"Bachapana to bachpana sahi. Batao ya phir..." There landed another punch on the wall, deepening his wound more.

"Thik hai... thik hai. Bata rahi hu mai. Pehle dressing kar lu?" She spoke looking at his hand.

"Dressing karte karte batao." She shook her head and ran in the kitchen to get first aid box.

"Promise kiya tha, Anurag... Tumhari life se jaane ka. Ruk nahi sakti thi mai." She said, cleaning the blood with the cotton.

"Kis se?"

"Tumhari Mom se." She did not dare looking up knowing he was going to get the biggest heartbreak of his life.

"Mom se? But kyu?" Nothing was getting in his head. He found it nothing but senseless. Why would his mom take any such promise from her?

"Kyunki unhe nahi lagta tha ke mai tumhare liye sahi ladki hu." She replied calmly, continuing her work. To say, he was shocked would be unjustified. He was devastated. His Mom felt Prerna wasn't right for him?

"Tumhari kundali meri kundali se match nahi karti thi Anurag. Pandit Ji ka aisa kehna tha, ke agar hamari shaadi hui to tumhari jaan ko khatra ho sakta hai." There came an entire truth of the fiasco she had pulled that time, to break her ties with him.

"Are you serious? Tum jaanti ho aisa kuch nahi hota hai."

"Jaanti hu." She draped his palm with a clean bandage.

"To kyu?" He still hadn't gotten his answers.

"Anurag." She shut the first aid box and stared at him. "KakiMaa ne mujhse wo promise liya kyunki wo tumse bohot pyar karti hai. Aur maine wo promise kiya, kyunki mai bhi tumse bohot pyar karti thi."

He couldn't trust his ears. The two most important ladies of his life had hidden such an important thing regarding his life from him. Both had taken decisions without even caring to inform him.

"Karti thi? Matlab ab koi aur hai?"

She had chuckled at his question. "Slip of tongue, Anurag. Karti hu."

"To bas. Tum chalo mere sath. Mai Mom se baat karta hu." He held her hand which he never thought he would be able to.

"Nahi, Anurag." She adamantly refused. She knew it was coming and what he was asking for could make them both, happiest on the universe but unfortunately, she could not do that.

"Mai apna wada nahi tod sakti. Mai tumhari zindagi me wapas nahi aa sakti." She was again, hurting him deeply but not that she had any other option left.

"Tumhare bina meri koi zindagi hi nahi hai, Prerna. Why dont you understand dammit?" He was getting frustrated with her every word. His life had been hell without her and she was just not realizing it.

"Tum aaj raat yahi ruk jao. Kal subah chale jana." She declared, reminding him well that he would have to leave tomorrow, without any argument or an attempt of getting her back. 

As soon as she stood up and took a step, she was stopped by his grip on her hand. "Stay please." The helplessness, his voice and eyes held did not let her move. She did not have a heart to refuse him, right in that moment. She did not.

Not exchanging a word, she just slipped beside him. Few moments later, her head fell on his shoulder and his arm wounded around her. Eight months! After bloody eight months, she was that close to him. He could not even express how it felt, having the love of his life in his arms. That was just something else. He was getting overwhelmed. He hadn't thought that he would be ever meeting her because she had just disappeared after that night. Pure luck, fortune and may be some good works of his previous life... that he was getting that precious time with her.

"Anurag, tum kal ke baad yaha kabhi wapas nahi aaoge." She had mumbled to him, hearing which he quickly released her. 

"Aaj ki raat to rehne do. Kal kisne dekha hai." His words sounded strange to her ears but she decided to ignore.

"You are still so beautiful." Caressing her cheek, he said. It freshened so many memories. Every day... every day, he used to tell her the same. Her eyes had closed with his touch and he had smiled with that. Nothing much had been changed, really.

"I love you so much... so, so much." He brushed his lips gently against her and she was left stunned. She was neither expecting him to say that nor to do that, what he did. In that moment, the world stopped still and everything felt perfect... right!

"Mai bhi tumse... bohot..."

Pass Aayiye Ke Ham Nahi Aayenge Baar Baar...

Baahe Gale Me Dalke Ham Ro Le Jar Jar...

Aakho Se Phir Ye Pyar Ki Barsaat Ho Na Ho...

Shaayad Phir Iss Janam Me Mulaqat Ho Na ho...

The sound of his phone disturbed the beautiful moment that was going to be created.

Doctor calling...

Her eyes caught it with laser fast speed and concern took over her. "Anurag... Doctor, kyu... kya hua... Speaker pe dalo phone." She snatched the phone from his hand and herself put it on the speaker, forwarding in front, asking him to talk.

He  shook his head, seeing she still panicked like she used to do earlier, if he even got a fever. "Hello, yes Doctor."

Doctor - Anurag, the reports of your tests have come. I suggest tum hospital aa jao. Phir baat karte hai. Kal aa sakte ho? Delay mat karna.

Her heart gripped with fear as it started beating frantically. Anurag pulled up the phone, feeling weird. "Anything wrong Doctor? You can tell me, now."

Doctor - Where are you now? Koi sath hai?

His questions were scaring Prerna, more than anything else. She grabbed the phone from his hand. "Doctor, what is wrong?"

Doctor - Who is this?

"Its Prerna. Anurag's friend." She had no time for the useless talk. She was worried sick, impatiently chanting in her mind, remembering every God she knew and even those she did not, for his well being.

Doctor - Anurag, don't panic. What I feared for had come true. Brain tumor and a bad one.

Tears rolled down her cheeks and phone fell on the floor. Anurag, who was blank, picked up the phone hearing Doctor's voice.

Doctor - Please, come tomorrow.

Anurag agreed and disconnected the call and turned beside him to look for Prerna who had fallen on the ground. He was left dumbstruck with her, who looked devastated, shattered and more, helpless. She seemed to have lost her own life as he came across her paled face from which the color had drained.

He was next to her, that instant. "Prerna." As he called for her softly, trying to talk with her, she blurted out, "Why did you come here?" Despite of knowing it did not make any sense, she went on spitting out, what came in her mouth.

"Prerna. Stop it. Ye yaha aane se kafi pehle se hai. Tests char din pehle kiye the. Bas reports aaj aaye hai. Stop blaming yourself, alright?" Squeezing her hand, grabbing a hold of it, he cupped her cheek. That came painful for him to see her agonized face. He could do anything and everything to make her feel better. In that one moment, he regretted coming there because that had put her in a pool of guilt of causing him what he already had.

"Shh... Stop crying. Stop crying." Pressing thumb on her cheek, he wiped the stream of tears that was flowing from her eyes. "Do you understand now? Tum meri life me nahi thi phir bhi ye hua... hua na? Aur shaayad, tum nahi thi, isiliye hua. Ab batao, were you right in leaving me even if you did it thinking for my good? Was it worth?" One thing came out good between the macabre diagnosis of his brain tumor. Like they say, everything happens for a reason and probably this was the reason, to bring him with her.

"Anurag." She cried, circling her arms around him. Her sobs echoed in the room and he held her closer, letting her stay in his embrace. Absolutely, it wasn't worth and it wasn't that, she wasn't aware of it but she had chosen to shield him from every problem before it knocked his door but sometimes, things are just not in your hand.

"Tumhe kuch nahi hoga, Anurag. Mai hone nahi dungi." Both wondered, whom she was assuring him or herself. Snuggling closer, she wrapped her hands tightly around him, as if fearing he would vanish if she loosens her hold.

"That means, you are coming with me?" He asked, surprised. Before she could answer, his phone had ringed once again.

Mom calling...

"Yes Mom." He replied as calmly as he could, pretty much knowing what was coming his way.

Mohini - Anurag, kaha ho tum? Come back home, now.

"Mom, why are you awake at this hour?" Pretending, he asked in spite of having the answer.

Mohini - Anurag, come home, I said.

"I know, Mom. Doctor ka phone aya tha mujhe abhi." He gave in, with the sobs he heard on the phone, that his mother was trying to suppress.

Mohini - In logo ko kuch nahi aata. Kuch nahi hua hai tumhe. Tum bas ghar aao. Ham best Doctor se consult karenge. Kuch nahi hoga.

"Mom Mom... I am fine. Don't worry. Waise aap janti hai iss waqt mai kiske sath hu? Prerna."

Mohini - Prerna? Anurag look...

"Again, I know everything Mom. Prerna told me all. Ab mujhe aap bataiye, wo to meri life me bhi nahi thi, but still, ye hua... to ab aapki kya raay hai?" That was but obvious, Prerna would not return without Mohini's consent and wow, what a way he had got to make his ladies aware of how wrong they had been, in taking decisions for him.

Mohini - Use le aana sath.

And with that, she disconnected the call. Prerna couldn't help but smiled through her tears. He beamed in relief stealing a glance at her, a bit relaxed. "Anurag, tumhe dar nahi lag raha?" She asked in a faint voice, clutching his arm. He kept his hand over her. 

"Should I be honest? Then yes because tum abhi to mili ho. Itni jaldi nahi marna mujhe. Mujhe jeena hai, tumhare sath."

Her finger shushed him as it stilled on his lip. "Kuch nahi hoga, tumhe." He nodded, dropping a kiss on his forehead, once again hiding her in his arms.

Next Day...

Everyone was in hospital. "Anurag, hame jald se jald operation karna padega. We can't afford to wait more." Dr. Avinash walked up to Anurag, keeping a hand on his shoulder. Dr. Avinash, was not only their family Doctor but also, one of the most skilled neurosurgeons.

Dr. Avinash asked everyone to wait outside saying he needed to talk with Anurag alone, as Anurag signaled him to do so. As expected, Prerna had refused to leave and Anurag couldn't argue with her, knowing very well that she would not listen.

"So, tell me, what it is, Anurag?" Dr. Avinash waited for Anurag to let out what was going in his mind. Of course, he must be thinking about a lot of things and that was normal too. 

"How much time I have?"

"Anuraaag." Prerna almost screamed, her eyes welled up at his question. "Calm down, Prerna." Anurag had held Prerna's hand, comforting her.

"Not much." Dr. Avinash helplessly shook his head looking at both, especially at Prerna who was on the verge of breaking down.

"What percent of chances? For operation to be successful." 

Dr. Avinash knew it was coming. He had seen Anurag from his childhood to the grown up man, he was, now. If he was emotional regarding his personal life, he was equally practical. Dr. Avinash had always admired him for the balance Anurag had managed with his emotional stability and practicality.

"30%. Because the tumor is in a complicated condition, Anurag but we will try our best. Right now, we have to do this operation. If we delay this operation then you might just not..." Dr. Avinash couldn't complete what he was going to say when he looked at the young girl, who eyes had held her entire hope on him. "I have made all the arrangements. If you are ready, we can just start the operation now."

"Yes Doctor. We will do this operation now."

Anurag tilted his head, when he heard Prerna speaking up instead of him. Prerna, had wiped her tears. There wasn't really time to waste anymore. Anurag did not say anything but just blinked in agreement. Dr. Avinash called for the Nurse and asked her to lead them to the operation theater. As they stepped out of the Doctor's cabin, Mohini held on to Anurag's arms. 

"Aunty, Anurag ko kuch nahi hoga. Lekin abhi operation zaroori hai." Prerna again, had spoken for Anurag knowing it wouldn't be easy for him to talk with his mother, right now.

One hour passed!

Another one!

And a few more!

Mohini had been crying, on the hospital bench without having a drop of water since the time they had taken Anurag inside while on the other hand, Moloy was trying to console his wife but the mother in her had overpowered her every other form of the relation and Prerna... she had been sitting next to the idol of Ganesha, in the hospital lobby. Even if she never believed in superstitions, she had always believed in that one power... that one power which has given birth to the universe, which has been responsible for the every happening beyond human's control and Anurag's life was certainly falling in that category. "Please." She had been requesting, pleading, crying right there, for his life.

She came running in front of the operation theater when she overheard a nurse saying the surgery had been finished.

"I am sorry."

Her heart broke into zillions of pieces with the piece of information she got the moment she reached and heard Doctor telling Anurag's parents who had already collapsed by then. She ran inside the operation theater without giving a damn to any doctors and nurses. Her feet froze with him lying there, with eyes closed as if had slipped in a deep sleep.

"Anuraag..." She rushed towards him, squeezing his hand. Scooping his face in her palms, she started caressing, calling for him, asking him to wake up. "Bas... operation ho gaya. Utho ab. Ghar chalke sona. Anurag... Please. Get up. You cannot do this to me. Tumne kaha tha tha, tumhe mere saath jeena hai. Tum nahi jaa sakte. Anuraaag..."She was shaking him with her all almighty, her sobs echoing in the room. She wasn't sure if she was making a sense but one thing was sure, he could not go. How could he?

Her head fell on his chest. "This heart can't stop beating when it has its heartbeat right with him." Her cries saw no end. Mohini and Moloy, who were standing at the door couldn't gather the courage of stepping in. How were they supposed to accept the reality that their son had gone... far, far, far away from them? To never come back?

Mohini's heart shuddered with the intensity of Prerna's pain. In that one moment, she realized one thing... what she had done to protect her son by sending Prerna away from him wasn't a right decision. If this is destined to happen, then at least... at least they both could have spent eight months with each other, at least she wouldn't have needed to see her son, waking up and sleeping mechanically every day, at least he would have been with his love for the time he had in this life. That was one big regret, she had!

Prerna still hadn't given up. She was still mumbling, asking him to wake up and that was when she felt a small caress on her hairs. If it had been anyone else, in that moment, she wouldn't even have realized but then, it was the touch of the man whom she could feel even before her eyes caught his sight.

She moved away with a jerk and there he was, struggling hard to blink his eyes, his hand still trying to hold her by some way and that was it. She screamed with all the strength she had.

"Doctoor."

Mohini and Moloy, startled with the girl's shout rushed inside followed by Dr. Avinash who was just at the door of operation theater when he heard Prerna.

"Anurag thik hai. Anurag thik hai. Wo yahi hai."

Dr. Avinash had stepped right beside Anurag by then, even he had seen the movement of Anurag that was practically impossible for him. There were after shouts for the nurses and he had asked everyone to wait outside but Prerna, had adamantly refused again. She stood right there, holding Anurag's hand.

"This is a miracle. Happens with a few luckiest people and Anurag... is one of them, I believe... for having someone beside him who had literally snatched him from death." Dr. Avinash gave a confirmation to Mohini and Moloy pointing at Prerna, who was now sitting on a stool, her hand still having his in her hold and it seemed like she was whispering to him something. She looked pleasantly relieved, with her tear stained face.

Six months later...

"Anurag... Anurag, stop it now. You aren't allowed to work more." Frowning, Prerna pulled the laptop from Anurag's lap who was again busy in cracking his business deals despite several warnings from the Doctors but now, he had a wife who exactly knew how to make Mr. Stubborn Basu listen to her.

He smiled sheepishly mumbling an apology to her, like he always did and she kissed his cheek, like she always did. After all, how could she stay mad at her adorable husband who every time turned into her cute Awwwnuuu whenever she got upset with him?

"I love you so much, Prerna." 

She raised her brows when he pulled her onto him by her wrist and she landed straight on his chest. She lifted her head just to find immense peace, satisfaction and gratitude for having her by his side.

"Mai bhi tumse... bohot..." She pecked his lips lightly wrapping her hands around him, leaving the rest of the words of her sentence incomplete, like she did... always.

Dedication - to everyone who stops by to read and special mention to the one who reserved even before I updated the shot. Mishti aka Mahi🤗

Dramatic this was, wasn't it? However, I still hope you had a nice time reading.

Do leave your likes and comments after reading and let me know how this was.

Edited by IAdoreYou - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAdoreYou thumbnail
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Perhaps I'm too emotional right now to comment.
Will do so later.

But I'd like to say it's a stirring piece of work. Emotion fest!!!
Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 5 years ago
FaizaAndalibC thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful👏
I was on the verge of crying when Prerna was crying beside an almost dead Anurag😭
THANK U for the HAPPY ENDING❤️
PLEASE WRITE MORE ON ANUPRE😳
Sparklle801 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I am not crying maybe you are, 
Okay that may be a litlle bit exaggarated but you sure made me emotional with your beautiful writing, you are really a great writer,...
Love
Saumya... 
Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Wonderful OS. The song is one of my favs. 
Curiously I was thinking of writing something similar, of separation and illness, inspired from a foreign show. 😳Now that there is this beautiful OS, you have saved me 😆
IAdoreYou thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishti_Dahi

Perhaps I'm too emotional right now to comment.

Will do so later.

But I'd like to say it's a stirring piece of work. Emotion fest!!!

It's okay, Mahi. I know I went overboard with this one. Do whenever you want. Thank you. 😳
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh my what an overwhelming OS! 🤗 
I'm the type of person who doesn't cry easily so I will be honest and say that I didn't have tears in my eyes but my heart was definitely crying...especially when the doctor was like I'm sorry. I thought it was going to have a tragic ending but thank you for making it a happily ever after ending 🤗
You're a wonderful writer Harshu 🤗 
.FlyingClouds. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It was so overwhelmimg!!
Loved it a lot...
Do write more
IAdoreYou thumbnail

Originally posted by: FaizaAndalibC

Wonderful 👏

I was on the verge of crying when Prerna was crying beside an almost dead Anurag😭
THANK U for the HAPPY ENDING❤️
PLEASE WRITE MORE ON ANUPRE😳

Thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed reading. 

I generally do not write unhappy endings because that's in my hands unlike in real life. 

Hopefully yes, thank you. 😳