Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

145665 thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Vijay, I really don't know why are you not reacting, this person has PM'ed me once too and said that, I need to get a life and how I am a poor soul, how dare he send me such message. Even he has bothered many of the members here by abusing them and character shaming them.

He keeps making such accounts and eh talks about others nto having a life, he keeps calling me a poor soul and how I don't have a life, but he teases everyone here, makes fun of them,and he knows that, he will never get serious consequences because the moderators will take no action.

Some members here are afraid to express their opinion or post because he will follow them around everywhere in the forum and try to insult them in some way.

This could happen to anyone and then no one would come to your forum anymore,this person is threatening people of serious things which cannot be ignored in today's times.
Edited by maha786 - 5 years ago
Hi All,
First of all apologies for late response here. But this topic was discussed in our internal team discussions and we were looking for all the options available to keep a check on such incidents.

Its an unfortunate incident that such people misuse the site and destroys the atmosphere here.. The usernames whose screenshots were shared have been banned by the moderators as soon as they got reported.

We have implemented quite a few things to curb down such people but its a continuous fight and even the bigger social media sites are not free of.

• We have an active subscription to proxy databases so that we can check the users are not using them to create MIDs.
  • We do not allow a username to be created from the same IP for a certain time frame.
  • We do not allow new members to make more than 11 posts per day. And these are scanned by internal team. But generally we realized that newbies first start with Games forum. May be we will have to shut that down. (Still discussing).

Stopping new members from registering is not the solution and we definitely seek your suggestions on how we can combat this. If its a feasible idea we will work on it.

Some of the stuff we are discussing to secure the site further are:
  • Phone Verification for members. But not everyone comfortable with the idea.
  • Making a list of forwarding email domains so that we can block them also.
If you have any idea / suggestion please share here.

Regards,
Vijay
1013440 thumbnail
@Vijay - I can understand if not everyone is comfortable with the idea of mobile number verification but there are a few things which can be done like - Instead of making mobile number verification compulsory for all NEW users you can make it optional for new registrations with verified users getting some added benefits. for ex. -
  1. Mobile number verification can give few added advantages to newbies which may include things like more number of allowed posts per day instead of just 10 for newbies.
  2. Newbies with verified mobile number can PM other users while non-verified Newbies cannot PM other users until they become senior users.
This way while non-verified users may still be able to open accounts but they wont be able to harass other members through PM. And if verified users harass other users through PM then it will be easier to block them (that mobile number for verification) in future for a minimum period of time like minimum 3-6 months.
1013440 thumbnail
Also can we try implement some method that can disallow temporary / disposable emails for new registrations... instead of standard ones like Gmail, yahoo etc? (though I suspect it would be quite difficult)
Miss_Perfection thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: vijay

Hi All,

First of all apologies for late response here. But this topic was discussed in our internal team discussions and we were looking for all the options available to keep a check on such incidents.

Its an unfortunate incident that such people misuse the site and destroys the atmosphere here.. The usernames whose screenshots were shared have been banned by the moderators as soon as they got reported.

We have implemented quite a few things to curb down such people but its a continuous fight and even the bigger social media sites are not free of.

• We have an active subscription to proxy databases so that we can check the users are not using them to create MIDs.
  • We do not allow a username to be created from the same IP for a certain time frame.
  • We do not allow new members to make more than 11 posts per day. And these are scanned by internal team. But generally we realized that newbies first start with Games forum. May be we will have to shut that down. (Still discussing).

Stopping new members from registering is not the solution and we definitely seek your suggestions on how we can combat this. If its a feasible idea we will work on it.

Some of the stuff we are discussing to secure the site further are:
  • Phone Verification for members. But not everyone comfortable with the idea.
  • Making a list of forwarding email domains so that we can block them also.
If you have any idea / suggestion please share here.

Regards,
Vijay

hi vijay sir thank u for ur reply !...
Well u should go ahead with the idea of closing games forums as its just spamming nothing more than that ... Like ppl use it for increasing posts its of no use ...
Abt phone verification thing ...its ok to put mobile number ..I wont mind putting it up ..
but if a person is using an email for creating a id he/ she should not be allowed to post unless he/she verified that email ... .
Just check on that thing ! ..
Plus we are not against newbies ...
But We Are Against Mids/trolls
IF Possible Put Restrictions For Pm's For Newbies .. I M Not Telling To Block Them Completely For Sending Pms ... It Would Be Unfair Just Put Restrictions Same Like They Can Make 10 Posts / Same Way They Maybe Able to Send 5 Pms a Day🤔It Would Be Enough
1013440 thumbnail
Also just IP banning isnt going to cut it because most people use VPNs these days and each VPN may provide thousands of IPs for ex -
"Winding up our list is HideMyAss, a UK based service provider that continues to expand their over 120,000 IPs every year. They've established servers in over 190 countries, "

source - https://thevpn.guru/best-vpn-with-most-ip-addresses/

and that is just one VPN... there are several free as well as Freemium VPN services available which can provide hundreds of IPs if not thousands to anyone who wishes to make a new id from a new IP address.

KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you Vijay For taking the time out to come down here to respond to us.

All the suggestions given are great no doubt, but phone verification is something that cannot be implemented overnight. The main cause for concern now is how to stop this user coming back every 2 mins with these gazillion MIDs.

Just today his Chu-boss account got banned but within moments he came back with another new ID and hurled more abuse at us on our CC thread.
Wherever we go on IF this user follows, harrasses and abuses us.
Looks like his main agenda is to cause us extreme mental grief and trauma just so that we end up leaving this site for good.

Online harrasment is a crime and it needs to be dealt with in the appropriate way and all measures to stop it should be taken.
The only option and the correct thing to do right now would be to work with higher authorities if appropriate tools are not already in place to filter such abuse. This users real IP needs to be tracked down and the real Id.
Right now there is no other way to combat this ongoing issue of harrassement. He can be banned as many times as it takes but he always finds a way to come back.

Below are the Screenshots of the abuse he hurled at us today on CC thread.

Edited by KunwaariDaayan - 5 years ago
SugarNSpice_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Dear Vijay
After speaking to mods for support i was told to ignore and report MIDs intruding my space. My thread which is STRICTLY INVITES ONLY, is being attacked for no reason at all. I have remained silent and came on the other S&C to make a complaint against MIDs hurling vile abuses, sending vile PMs and yet i was followed there to be called names.

I was still told to ignore which i did. Even after weeks of ignoring and reporting i have not been left alone. As you can see this is not something which will go away, you will have to do something more serious and take action about this issue. I am not against any Newbie joining but for now how about you suspend this system for the time being to try and bring some order on IF, and help and support us active users who are doing no wrong.

I know some are advising us to keep on ignoring and report but how much am i suppose to ignore ??

If the principal of any University can not safeguard their students from this type of harrassment then who would want to study in such a University like this???? even after not responding i am continuously being attacked.

Why me only others also are getting the same treatment. What have we done to deserve such insults and abuses. I have not abused anyone even after being attacked in this vile manner so why am i not supported in this matter???

Here are some of the posts which i have to endure just to come on IF and have a laugh with my friends..

This one without any kind of provacation he is giving me threats. He blames another member for going on his parents the reason for doing tit for tat. Where is the provacation on this post ???

This is another post attacking an innocent member who is not even a member on my thread. Why ???

How much longer do i remain silent and get called names ??
Actually i feel sorry for those reading these posts as it puts them off from posting. They must also be thinking why dont i just leave and be saved from being abused, but i have not done anything wrong and i will not runaway.

Vijay i hope you are able to read these posts and come to a decision how to deal with this matter.

145665 thumbnail
https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5056041&TPN=2

I am least bothered about this MID, but I guess his problem started with me from here.I was part of the Jasleen's AT and I used to read him harassing some of the members, I never got involved in the matter as everyone took it in a fun way.

But, when one member said that, I am leaving and how things turned serious, I just voiced my opinion by calling that MID faceless.

But, there were many people who took a stand against the MID, why did he only target me,I was just supporting the people who got harassed here and I have never disrespected any newbie.

This person is trying to get sympathy by including all new bies inorder to justify his wrongdoings.

He was flirting with many members and I found that to be harassment which is why I called that person nameless and faceless.

But, the things he is telling other people proves that, he does nto have any identity and I never had any personal issue with him, I just took a stand for the people who were wronged by him.

He keeps bothering me and few other members over here,so that means he has not learnt his lesson yet, he is trying to make sure we all have a nervous breakdown and he is successful in his purpose to demean us.

He is calling me gawaar, he has character shamed few other members am not just talking about myself.

I am nto even half targeted as few other members are,I am lucky atleast he has nto character shamed me , but he has used abusive language for Rukhi,one of the most polite members over here, she has never broke any ruelsover here.

I called him faceless right, why is he targeting Rukhi and KunwaariDaayan, they never called him such names, they never called himlifeless,, then why does he hate themso much.

He is not just targeting me , but other people as well,KunwaariDaayan was really respectful towards him, she did give him a chance to redeem himself, but he took advantage of her kindness and still has the audacity to comment on her thread.

He has threatened people as well,people are not feeling safe here at all and her has used some harsh words,bring a me too movement on the forum ,so that, girls and guys are safe..

Many guys have also been harassed here like DeadInside , his family'supbrignign has been questioned, so I feel everyone who has been wronged should get justice, that MID is making life miserable for many people out here and he thinks that, he will make one ID every day and still come back the next day and make a new one.
145665 thumbnail
Also, the reason for him attacking us is because we never liked Shilpa Shinde, I personally never liked Shilpa and supported Hina.

Even on twitter, if you write something positive for Hina, you get abused and get demeaned.

So, he is taking revenge from me for supporting Hina and he said that once as well in the PM.

I have the right to have an opinion about contestants, why is this member getting so offended that, he has started to call me and other people names, we all have the liberty to like or dislike any contestant.