Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: jyoti06

Dont u think that will restrict the genuine newbies fm coming into IF ..there r many general newbies who join IF every min to discuss their fav daily soaps..due to few trolls why should they bear the brunt ..

I hv already told u in pm that site admin is trying his best to fix certain issues when it comes to these harassing trolls..mayb u will find new features in the new site of IF that will b launched soon ..

But having said that we also expect the senior members of IF to b equally co-operative ..A university cannot just run smoothly with principles and teachers unless the students co-operate ..So when it comes to trolls ,pls try to avoid/ignore then instead of encouraging them for further fights by quoting them or opening separate threads fr them which gives them more attention ..If they stop getting attention ,they will stop making ids too ..And if anyone is trying to harass using PM service ,then there is a blocked option ,just add the id in buddy list and block the id ..simple ..Also dont give your personal info in any post or to anyone in PM ..There are few things which are in our hand & we can protect it if we try ..

Rest we r trying our best to ban & block the ids/ips but in this tech savvy era no social media has a full proof way to completely stop the trolls or else the word trolling itself wont exist anymore in this social media ,isn't it ..Its upto us how we take few steps to put an end to the trolling by learning to ignore the trolls and not give them the attention they are craving for ..

cant we have a system where it check with ISP the id is being created and allow that ISP to create the id only once a week or something... even that will help a lot...

we members try to ignore, but there were few who used to encourage that troll as she was bashing people in the opposite fandom... for them it was okay as she was their friend and hence never bashed them...
but yea, off late there is no such activity and even people are not encouraging her much...
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: anjs

cant we have a system where it check with ISP the id is being created and allow that ISP to create the id only once a week or something... even that will help a lot...

we members try to ignore, but there were few who used to encourage that troll as she was bashing people in the opposite fandom... for them it was okay as she was their friend and hence never bashed them...
but yea, off late there is no such activity and even people are not encouraging her much...

Thats basically the problem ..its always 1 grp vs other grp ..and if member is fm other grp its a troll but if fm same grp then its fine ..until and unless trolls r seen as one by every grp ,prob will not solve ..

About the ISP thing ,point noted ..Post is open fr site admin to see and take note of all pointers ..But every system has a loophole and those who want to troll will always find a way to crack the system ..Thats why its imp to tk certain measures fm our individual side as well by making sure no grp encourage a trolls ..
TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Jyoti
I appreciate that you are following up here. Just a couple of things I would like to mention.

I understand the challenges and technical limitations on the IF part. But at the end of the day this is their revenue based website and hence they are responsible for safe guarding their users. I know it is a hindrance to new users but new sign ups need to be temporarily restricted. This is the only way. When there is a security flaw a site always patches it up. We can't throw in the towel.

Also check his earliest account in 2017. That was signed up with his real email and ip address. It won't take much to get his information from his internet service provider. Hopefully the admins can cooperate with the authorities when this request will be placed (I am hoping soon). We don't expect you to fight our battles but please do assist the authorities if you guys are approached. And when I mention you I mean the site admins and not the moderators since I know they are equally disturbed by this individual.

As a revenue based website the buck stops at Vijay. Plug these security holes

Edited by TheBoss - 5 years ago
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
The fact that if you cant really stop a certain troll, With all due respect - Rewrite the rulebook. Give us authority, Permission to deal with MID matters. Because the thing is that, cause of the certain rules, we are bound to tolerate/hear/ see all the personal comments thrown at us by some random troll and it just makes me frustrate because on one hand we have to follow rules and on other hand we cant unseen/ unhear it we cant respond him back with the same language. We are all helpless untill mod comes online, we have to go through this tremendous mental torture until then. I got my warning level increased cause of the same matter. Sorry, I cant resist myself if someone goes to my upbringing, i will give him back what he deserves. We are not here to tolerate it or ignore it. After certain time, you will not be able to ignore, Mark my words.
instead of telling us to ignore & to not react, Assure us it will not be back again. I am sorry to say that this pyschology of ignoring trolls, reporting trolls not gonna work.
Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
By the way, thanks for the thread TL. I so wanted to let it out but if i let it out somewhere else other then SC, I will be given warning so guess what i am gladful i bumped it here and saw this thread.
I am not sure how moderation works, i got warning and that was really so unexpected of DT who took this decision i got name called several times, i got my parents into all this bullshit and i also got warned in return for just reacting. so humiliating.
Let me just get this straight instead of whinning. Is it my fault that the MID is keep re - joining it? Is it my fault that the system of India forum is failing miserably to stop a troll? Why do we have to ignore or not react? Why are members so helpless that they cant do anything on their own? Why do have to rely on moderators for everything?
Edited by Deadinside - 5 years ago
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Vijay still hasn't got back to us regarding MID issue, and instead the other thread on here got locked.

My only question now is-why is this MID still active since over past week even tho it's been reported and freely posting away on here? This is weird, very weird!

KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Bashing, harrasing, hurling abuse and instigating is what this User who comes under Multipe IDs is doing continuously since the last few months of BB, and that too out in the open for mods, Vijay and all to see. But instead of any action being taken to stop this harrasment and stalking we are told to ignore and carry on. Is this what we alll do in life too when harassment takes place to ourselves or to those around us?
Just turn a blind eye and pretend it doesn't exist??
Online harrasment is just as big a crime as is harrasment that takes place in day to day life too. This may not be a heinous crime in the eyes of many here but its still a crime nonetheless.

I am gobsmacked and baffled that Vijay has not yet addressed this issue on here. We've all reached out to him via pms to ask for his help but not a word as yet.And here I was thinking the suggestions corner was the best place to get hold of Vijay for help and to give feedback!

Edited by KunwaariDaayan - 5 years ago
KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
It's pretty crystal clear who's shameless and showcasing cheapness. This user has come under IDs of members UN's just to demean, mock and abuse some more as is also evident on this very thread itself.
Look at this UN for example!!
He' using this UN just to insult and demean TheBoss. Mods and Vijay-If this isn't proof enough then don't know what is.

And just like this he's used a number of our UNs as his ID in his agenda to abuse and harrass us.

Hannan_Chu
Chu_boss
Fake_Rukhi
Kdluver
Dgluver

The above and many more are MIDs he's used for his sick agenda.

Who is doing the attention seeking and the endless stalking is there for all to see.
Stalking and harrasing online is a Crime no matter how much one's deluded self denies.

KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
There's a thing called originality but what would a sick mind hiding behind MIDs know about that.
Copy pasting others Siggys and others UNs just says it all lol

It's sick minds that do this kind of trolling, harrasing and abusing on here all day long that need to get off here for some time and go smell the fresh air. Life is beautiful indeed!
Another copy paste! Mere hi advice mere pe?! Lol

@Vijay @Mods-Plz take note on who is doing the actual harrasing, trolling and abuse.

I will carry on making noise until this MID issue is addressed properly and the much needed action taken.

KunwaariDaayan thumbnail
Does this ring a bell??

This is the level of trolling this user had resorted to not so long ago.

Said he cut his hand in the name of love. Yh yh all this is BS and fake but still,isn't this creepy and scary nonetheless?!

This is just FYI @Vijay @MODSi