'Stree' actress Flora Saini accuses producer Gaurang Doshi of abuse

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Published on: October 09, 2018

Rajkummar Rao and Shraddha Kapoor starrer Stree made us laugh and shout out loud at the same time. While Rajkummar made our bellies hurt with his sense of humor, credits for instilling fear in us goes to Flora Saini who played the silent villain or ghost in the movie. However,  the actress has suffered a lot herself in the past. Known by her screen name Asha Saini, the actress has come out with her #MeToo story accusing producer Gaurang Doshi of sexual harassment. 

Floral Saini shared a post on her facebook in which she opened about the terrors she went through in 2007 when she was dating popular producer Gaurang Doshi. She shared her pictures after the abuse and posted a statement detailing her ordeal. She wrote, " That's me.. Valentine's day 2007 beaten up by a known producer Gaurang Doshi' who I loved n was dating then .. this was the last of the one year abuse I took..came out with a fractured jaw n a scarred soul for life..

She further stated, "I realised me talking about it ,that time, jus went against me ,cos he was the powerful one n nobody wanted to believe some girl who was relatively new in the industry, it was his word against mine ,and of course, his word mattered. He threatened me that he will make sure I never work in the industry again n much more.. n he did his best to make me believe it too.. I was replaced in films, people didn't quiet wanna even meet me or let me audition

While Flora Saini herself was able to come out to the abusive relationship, she revealed that her fate was shared by many girls after her. She wrote, "I thot I made a mistake, I shud have jus kept quiet ..I wanted to runaway, hide n be somewhere where people didn't look at me with judging eyes n cud only jus give me work.. n not judge me by the abuse I suffered at the hands of gaurang doshi with no fault of mine. N mind u there were girls after me who were made to suffer the same way by the same man , they called me for help but weren't brave enuf to even come out n speak for themselves

This note is for all the people who have chosen to speak

who are standing up against anybody who has done them wrong, no matter how powerful or renowned ..it's takes guts.. a lot of guts.. the abuser forgets, but the abused carries the baggage forever.. u guys make me so proud to b a woman in this industry today where our voice is being heard where people are not judging us for speaking out against an abuser.. they r actually coming together to make the work space safe for us even more.. to all the people who are standing up to talk n all those who standing up to support..

The actress understands how brave this step of coming forward with their story is and how important it is to fight for yourself. She concludes "My life after this incident hasn't been the same n has changed me in ways that I can't ever repair .. But one thing I've known, believed n lived as a proof is that God alone controls ur destiny n no man can ever challenge him. Live ur truth, wear it like armour n don't let anybody make u feel small.. u are not alone this time

Nothing we ever went thru was in vain.. more power to u all.. may u continue to stand tall ..may we heal ,may we be happy n may we shine with love n strength.. knowing we conquered it all. "

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
File an abuse case. #Metoo is dead in the US. DO Indians not use the internet or is there some Indian firewall that prevents them from seeing the reality. 
This should be a normal news report and then due diligence should be exercised to bring the perpetrator to book. 
Women like her, Zeenat Aman have suffered abuse and not taken any action because of the state of Indian courts that take 40 years to judge cases while patting themselves on the back for the job well done and 5 judges want to overrule the wishes of 100 cr Indians. I thought we the people gave ourselves the constitution not 5 judges give us the constitution or foreign funding for 5 judges give us the constitution. 
Reform the courts so people have access to fast, fair and just justice. 

Edited by nigahen - 5 years ago
@nighaen its easier said than done. i once have some official wok in court for few days  and there were 1000s of people , impossiblle for judge to even hear all hearings in a day. every day new case in a country of billion. after that i realised that it is easy to say for us but difficult to implement in real.Edited by SakthLaunda - 5 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nigahen

File an abuse case. #Metoo is dead in the US. DO Indians not use the internet or is there some Indian firewall that prevents them from seeing the reality. 

This should be a normal news report and then due diligence should be exercised to bring the perpetrator to book. 
Women like her, Zeenat Aman have suffered abuse and not taken any action because of the state of Indian courts that take 40 years to judge cases while patting themselves on the back for the job well done and 5 judges want to overrule the wishes of 100 cr Indians. I thought we the people gave ourselves the constitution not 5 judges give us the constitution or foreign funding for 5 judges give us the constitution. 
Reform the courts so people have access to fast, fair and just justice. 

Yes she can file a domestic abuse case. But it happened more than ten years ago. Laws are more stringent now than there were when it happened. Not sure what would come of it. He will probably be let off due to lack of evidence. I guess the victim here has gone thru abuse and come out of her horrifying situation now. But she wants to name and shame her abuser now. Its cathartic for her I guess. 
nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakthLaunda

@nighaen its easier said than done. i once have some official wok in court for few days  and there were 1000s of people , impossiblle for judge to even hear all hearings in a day. every day new case in a country of billion. after that i realised that it is easy to say for us but difficult to implement in real.

Then there should be more judges, na? There should be an all India exam for judges like for IIT. Do you know about nepotism in judiciary?
Viral whatsapp message:
 We ask CJI Gogoi, Ravishankar Prasad and PM Modi, is this true?
NEPOTISM IN SUPREME COURT
1. Deepak Mishra, CJI - Son of Rang nath Mishra, ex CJI
2. Rajan Gogoi - Son of Congress CM of Assam K C Gogoi
3. Madan Lokur - Son of B N Lout, ex Justice of Allahabad court
4. A K Sikri - Son Of Ex CJI S M Sikri
5. S A Bobde - Son of Arvind Bobde, ex AG of maharastra
6. A k Mishra - Son of H G Mishra, ex judge MP HC
7. R Fali Nariaman - Son of noted lawyer Fali Nariman
8. Uday Lalit - Son of U R Lalit, ex judge Delhi HC
9. D Y Chandrachoodh - Son of ex CJI Y V Chandrachoodh
10. S K Kaul - Grandson of Raja Suraj Kishan kaul ex minister J&k
11. Lawyer activist turned Judge Indu Malhotra - Daughter of O P Malhotra,advocate SC
12. K M Joseph - Son of K K Mathew ,ex SC Judge

Total 25 Judge Out of which 12 are relatives of Judges, politician or Advocates..

Roughly 1500 judges in HC & SC since 1947 come from 250 families.

Sab mil baant ke khaate hain. 
We know for a fact about the moral turpitude of lawyers. And the same lawyers become judges? Now are we to believe that they become unblemished, uncorrupt and grow a conscience overnight?
We urgently need judicial reforms. 70% of our country's problems stem from there. 
Judges with zero technical knowledge, use the constitution to judge how high a dam's walls must be raised. Please we must ask meLords to use the constitution from now on to tell ISRO in what orbit a satellite must be launched. 

Edited by nigahen - 5 years ago
Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think it is good that these women are calling out harassers, perverts, rapists and so on. They are shaming these men and these days with social media, everyone will get to know. Other women will be aware of the status of these men, which is good. Going to the police station and filing the report will keep it there only. Also, u know how the police are judgemental to domestic abuse victims? especially if the woman was in a live-in relationship or was the girlfriend?
behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
yaar when u can't stand up to yourself that time,I can understand but rather than posting of public profile can't u file FIR now?? more than #metoo it's publicity stunt for some!! it's a shame
rainar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi_

yaar when u can't stand up to yourself that time,I can understand but rather than posting of public profile can't u file FIR now?? more than #metoo it's publicity stunt for some!! it's a shame

ðŸ¤¢
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
She was a telugu actress. She acted in a lot of telugu films. I think she was reduced to side roles after she din get recognition. In between she changed her name to mayuri but still didn't get work. Oh so now she is flora. 
Asha to mayuri to flora.
kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: pallavi_

Plz check another article posted by Ponymo . The actress filed a case one year  after the incident . The matter is still in the court. Not much heed was paid on this issue back then.
So no its not a publicity stunt for her or for anybody else  who are finding courage to speak up finally .