Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Agrata23

@bold 100% agree with you 😊

Totally agree. All those child actors doing adult things detract from the believability of the show, and this has plagued many historical serials from Maharana Pratap to Ashoka. 

Especially for a person like Jahangir, known for his numerous affairs, all that depiction of childhood bonding between Salim and Anarkali seems ridiculous to watch.
Keerthija thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i dont know these but iam watching this only for shaheer😉
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Donjas

Totally agree. All those child actors doing adult things detract from the believability of the show, and this has plagued many historical serials from Maharana Pratap to Ashoka. 

Especially for a person like Jahangir, known for his numerous affairs, all that depiction of childhood bonding between Salim and Anarkali seems ridiculous to watch.

Exactly hows Salim going around having friendship with a maid daughter and rakassa from childhood

Hows Akbar and jodha allow such friendship even if its childhood?

Adult love affair would have been better 

Edited by myviewprem - 5 years ago
aanvi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
If you wanna make fiction then make fiction. Why even bringing historical figures. Anyways anarkali  is fictional so not doubt its fictional too. But you've keep relevance to. I feel pressured to think that they are indeed in love. And who falls in love whom they don't even know? Also I never Musahiba(lady in waiting) could even talk to emperor without permission and so casually. And also felt it was kinda too dramatic. They focused on drama so much that they forgot to put emotions. I seriously cannot related with the plot and they really put some irrelevant things. Never mind though. Such craps will keep coming and going...
aanvi98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Donjas

Even maharana pratap nd ashoka was bearable. They were not 10 12 years old and ajabde and pratap were indeed married at a really young age. Like teenage love. Who doesnt like a clas sic teenage love story!But what they showed with salim and anarkali was quite disturbing, at least for me. They could've started off the track only with salim first, then encountering with anarkali, perhaps with a little bolder approach. The meagerly approach also irritated me a bit. They call anarkali the person who changed fates, but the person who is not bold enough to look into eyes, i donno how they can. Perhaps a bold eye contact would've made me swoon over them, but no, they've to ruin everything. I also didint know princes could walk foff to herem loke they owned it... Practically the harem is his father's! That's main reason of their scandalous relation. If he could walk into harem like they owned it, where's the scandal then?
aanvi98 thumbnail
Just have one little regret... why the heck you took this show shaheer!
kiyo thumbnail
the channel is cashing there fiction show on the name of historical characters.They are mixing Nur Jahan Salim story with Salim Anarkali ðŸ¤¢ i wish they speared real historical characters ðŸ¤ª
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: aanvi98

Even maharana pratap nd ashoka was bearable. They were not 10 12 years old and ajabde and pratap were indeed married at a really young age. Like teenage love. Who doesnt like a clas sic teenage love story!But what they showed with salim and anarkali was quite disturbing, at least for me. They could've started off the track only with salim first, then encountering with anarkali, perhaps with a little bolder approach. The meagerly approach also irritated me a bit. They call anarkali the person who changed fates, but the person who is not bold enough to look into eyes, i donno how they can. Perhaps a bold eye contact would've made me swoon over them, but no, they've to ruin everything. I also didint know princes could walk foff to herem loke they owned it... Practically the harem is his father's! That's main reason of their scandalous relation. If he could walk into harem like they owned it, where's the scandal then?

Yes how can not only Salim but Mahabhat, Murad and Daniyal all walk in and out of harem like its their own palace

I thought Salim had his own palace in agra, lahore, allahabad fort etc and thats where he stayed and its also called Jehangir palace after him

Best part anarkali also walking in and out of palaces like shes emperors daughter?? I think only emperors daughters could go to his harem so casually

I think sons, brothers could go to womens harem with permission 

Because if son cannot go to fathers harem how will he meet his mother or step mothers?

But of course they had to take prior permissions and not just walk inside casually like shown in serial, maintain protocol that is 

Jehangir palace itself is huge, i think not only Salim but a few others stayed there may be. Best part its named Jehangir palace but many women stayed there mostly Rajputh wives of Akbar. Jodha Bai too has a huge room in jehangir palace with mirror work. Jehangir also stayed there after he became emperor. He may have stayed there after birth too as a huge bath tub marble is there and also his bedroom is there in jehangir palace. Nur Jahans room is also inside Jehangir palace. So if men that is prince cannot go to harem how come so many rajputh wives of Akbar stayed in Salim's palace(jehangir palace). Did Salim also stay there with them from childhood? Its highly confusing this mughal harem concept. 

Salim-anarkali love affair will become scandal if anarkali is Akbars cocubbine or maid. But she was a Rakassa or dancer. In serial also she's always with jodha, so how will it become a scandal. Its scandal because a royal cannot love a maid because of class difference

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: kiyo

the channel is cashing there fiction show on the name of historical characters.They are mixing Nur Jahan Salim story with Salim Anarkali ðŸ¤¢ i wish they speared real historical characters ðŸ¤ª

Salim is hero of serial but acting like villan 

Hes acting like SRK in devdas always brooding about anarkali and past

Think of future dude you are crown prince 

aanvi98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

Yes how can not only Salim but Mahabhat, Murad and Daniyal all walk in and out of harem like its their own palace

I thought Salim had his own palace in agra, lahore, allahabad fort etc and thats where he stayed and its also called Jehangir palace after him

Best part anarkali also walking in and out of palaces like shes emperors daughter?? I think only emperors daughters could go to his harem so casually

I think sons, brothers could go to womens harem with permission 

Because if son cannot go to fathers harem how will he meet his mother or step mothers?

But of course they had to take prior permissions and not just walk inside casually like shown in serial, maintain protocol that is 

Jehangir palace itself is huge, i think not only Salim but a few others stayed there may be. Best part its named Jehangir palace but many women stayed there mostly Rajputh wives of Akbar. Jodha Bai too has a huge room in jehangir palace with mirror work. Jehangir also stayed there after he became emperor. He may have stayed there after birth too as a huge bath tub marble is there and also his bedroom is there in jehangir palace. Nur Jahans room is also inside Jehangir palace. So if men that is prince cannot go to harem how come so many rajputh wives of Akbar stayed in Salim's palace(jehangir palace). Did Salim also stay there with them from childhood? Its highly confusing this mughal harem concept. 

Salim-anarkali love affair will become scandal if anarkali is Akbars cocubbine or maid. But she was a Rakassa or dancer. In serial also she's always with jodha, so how will it become a scandal. Its scandal because a royal cannot love a maid because of class difference

Yes, they had indeed. According to my knowledge the harem was kind of a mini city, and all the royal ladies had a totally different section for themselves. The concubines and other servants didn't have their own rooms. Also, shezadas grew up there, but as they hit adolescence, they were sent away to wars, eventually made subahdars and mansabdars so basically they didn't stay in the palace at all.

Another reason that we dontd get insight of mughal harem like turks is that it was completely forbidden. There were no male guards(it was guarded by femal turkey warriors brought from turkey called urdubeig), or officials, even medics. Until under really unavoidable situations, they brought males. If they wanted to really meet males, they went with purdah. You won't find insights of harem in akbar nama or tuzk e jahangiri, but you would find description of harem in humayun nama as it was written by his sister. And eunuchs i dont think were like what is shown in the serial. They were really sophisticated. Or else who would run the harem!

And i really had one doubt- did really sultanas attended courts along with their ladies in waiting as shown? As far I know, only nurjahan, ruqaiah and mumtaj attended courts and they didn't attend unless with matter of utmost importance (like hamida banu, salima sultan and ruqaiyah sultan opposed for punishment of salim in royal court). And where is diwan e aam and diwaan e khas? Didnt mughals have two separate court?