OS AnuPre : divorce se pyar thak ....

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

OS AnuPre : divorce se pyar thak...

@Basu house

It's around  6 pm on a Sunday , Anurag came back from his tennis match and changed,  looks around the room ... stares at his beautiful wife, in the picture frame on the side table...   " tumhare bina kuch bhi achcha nahin lagtha ...jaldi aao na .." he's startled when his phone rings, takes the call still staring at his beautiful wife in the picture... "when are you coming ... I have been waiting for you ... " ... on hearing a male voice .. he excuses with his lawyer and asks him to come home in the next 30 mins .

The lawyer  comes and drops a  a file and tells Anurag to sign and also get his wife to sign on  it and he would come the next day to collect it . Anurag nods.

After the lawyer leaves, a dejected Anurag drops himself on the couch, all helpless and wretched .. "how could  I even forget about this" wondered Anurag

his life changed and changed for better, in the last 6 months,  he is no longer leading his life by calender and time, he is living his life.. with much more happiness and peace , but this ...he rubs his temples and forehead ..

He opens the folder ... the document titled "Divorce Deed" "Anurag Basu" ..." Prerna Anurag Basu " is all he could read with his blurred vision ... he runs his fingers through his locks , throws his head back on the headrest of the couch ... "how could I ? why should I ?"  

@Anjali's home

It's  8:00 PM, Prerna has been out all day with Anjali... .. ... now she comes to drop her home

Anjali : "Prerna don't be late, jeeju ko jaldi batao ki what you feel for him  ... confess to him that you Loveee him"

Prerna: "haaan baba I will ... I will tell sahi mauka dekh ke ..  "

Anjali: "Paagal ... aise cheezon mein there is nothing like sahi mauka ..., whenever you say it .. that's  the right time .. don't be late..."

"Achcha meri maa ... I will tell him .. but for that I shd get going ... Anurag  Anurag mera wait kar raha hoga" blushes Prerna

"hayeee hayeee yeh blush toh dekho ... jeeju ka dil ka haal bhagwaan jaane"  teases Anjali..

"Achchaa byeee ... me going now " walks out of the door

@Basu house

"How was your day " inquires Anurag

Prerna : "it was the most beautiful day , I have ever had "... Anurag has his eyes on her , without missing any of her expression

Anurag secretly wishes all the happiness in the world for her and smiles at her .

Prerna "what did you do how was your day, did you go for your tennis "

Anurag turns away from her , "it was ok, actually I have something to talk with you"

Prerna puts  her mobile on charge..."haan bolo Anurag kya baath hain "  she comes to the coffee table , takes water for herself. "You had dinner Anurag ?, shd I get some coffee for you ?"  

Anurag in some thoughts "Yeah I had dinner, aur haan please ek coffee... strong one"

"yeah right away ... we will talk while having coffee" her energetic voice fades while leaving the room

Anurag is still in thoughts..Prerna comes back with coffee, Anurag moves the black file aside , Prerna gives  him his and takes her coffee and leaves the tray on the table, next to the file

"I am so tired baba...but such an amazing day ...  " sips her coffee

"nice coffee" Anurag while taking a sip

"Thank you" mouths Prerna with a smile " Achcha tumhe kuch baath karni thi na kya hain " 

Anurag, picks the folder and hands it over to her ..  "Kya hain ismein... are you starting a new venture... I will be your financial advisor Mr.Basu and chuckles 

Prerna opens the folder ... her eyes can only see "Divorce Deed "Anurag Basu " and "Prerna Anurag Basu

"The divorce papers Anurag in a low dejected voice

Prerna still staring at the papers in her hand, her blurry vision can only see those 3 things, he hands are cold, her stomach is gutted, her heart is wrenching ...she felt she lost the ground below her ,  her two tears fall on the papers in her hand, one on "Anurag Basu the other on "Prerna Anurag Basu

the time comes to a stand still , there is just the sound of wall clocks and both their heart beats...the  silence in the room is haunting 

"I almost forgot about this , until the lawyer gave this file today.. didn't realize, six months are gone just like that ... said Anurag in a gloomy trying to be casual voice is  trying to explain how they are in such a situation .

"Yeah I forgot it as well " Prerna let out in a soft voice 

"The lawyer asked both of us to sign on these papers, he will come and collect them tomorrow Anurag let it out in one breath , without facing Prerna

"Okay I will ..Si ...g.. N is all Prerna could get out of her choked throat  

Anurag looks at Prerna, takes her hand in his, " I promised you on the day of our wedding that I would divorce you and set you free so that you can live your life by your terms and with the love of your life , ..the court gave us six months to settle it, but I completely forgot about it.

"Urhmm nods Prerna 

"Prerna .. if I have done anything or crossed my lines or not fulfilled any of your wishes I am really very sorry Prerna,  it was all in the zone of friendship and...

"It's ok Anurag, you are one honest, loving, kind and a guy who is all hearts, there can be no one like you Anurag, any girl who would share her life with you will be the most luckiest girl in the world "  Prerna pours her heart out , these words swell Anurag's heart, "but I am still not the guy with whom you can fall in love Prerna, I don't believe in love, tumhare wale pyar mein ...but now I am sure, you will find one such guy who believes in love and loves you the most all his life

Prerna is choked, her heart sinks all she wanted to do is hug him tightly and scream aloud as how much she loves him, but mind chides her as how can she take advantage of him who rescued her from the mess, only because she was Rajesh uncle's daughter .

Anurag : "Achcha you change and rest,  ,. I will be back after a small stroll in the lawn .
Prerna mechanically changed into her night suit, wrapped a shawl around and walks into the patio, ...she sees Anurag down  in the lawn walking deep in thoughts, Prerna's presence get's Anurag's attention, they both look at each other in despair and a forced smile . Prerna sits on the swing

Anurag's feelings : Why can't you stay back prerna ..I can't let go off you... in these 6 months, each moment we spent together, became a memory which i never want to part with, I want to have many more such memories with you.

The torment and agony in their hearts is  witnessed by a falling star , they silently wish for to be with each other , with their love !

Prerna remembers all their moments together, of friendship, of care , concern, trust,  fun, understanding, intimacy, them cooking in the kitchen ,.. While Anurag remembers incidents from their honeymoon, prerna falling off a bicycle and hurting her leg, their broken shower,  Prerna reminiscences their barefoot walk on the beech, their hiking in the woods, Anurag doing groceries with her, eating chat , While Anurag remembers Prerna in a very sexy saree when his heart skipped  a beat, Prerna cherishes their tv time with popcorn, their morning jog , anurag's aarti and prerna coming in late for aarti, Anurag remembers them sharing coffee and waiting for the falling stars , he cherished prerna's jealousy when he  was surrounded by girls and her tears for him when he was late from work and she was unable to contact him . Prerna cherished how Anurag used to teasingly call her Amartya Sen, while teaching Economics , his attempts to make round rotis when she challenged him.

The both have tears in eyes, their hearts twinged in pain and agony a feeling of lifelessness , as if life is slipping from their closed fists 

Anurag's inner voice : I am not sure if I am the magic in your life of not, but you surely are magic in my life...I donno if I can say I am in love with you or not, but for once I am sure that I cannot live without you and my heart beats only  for you ...I can't let you go but ...

Prerna's feelings : When you married me , I didn't know how to react , as I was going to give up my entire life to that lusty lousy mama of yours... , you saved me, but is that just a save, you became my life ... my lifeline , my friend, my partner, my husband, my love and my world  

Anurag's thoughts  : and my world will be shattered if you walk out of it prerna , please don't .. but I have no other option, I can't bind you in this loveless marriage forever ... I love you ardently and earnestly with all my heart, which is why I have to leave you , I have to let go of you ...because you deserve all the happiness in the world and your happiness is not with me and if you love me you would come back to me.

Prerna's heart : If you love me I wouldn't never ever leave you Anurag ...

Anurag's feelings : When I saw that file in the evening my heart sank , but for your happiness, I have to step back Prerna ... How much ever casual I might be before you , but the very thought of you leaving me has shattered my heart ,

Prerna's inner voice ...I thought of sharing my feelings with you, Anjali told that I shdn't be late in conveying my feelings ,.. But I guess I am late,  very late, *tears roll down her cheeks ,... rubbing her tear strained cheeks ...

Anurag's thoughts : When I married you it was a genuine concern for you Prerna, who is Rajesh Uncle's beti, my dad's friend's daughter... but after marriage,  I gradually fell in love with you, my heart had found it's destination in yours., now I have no meaning , I am adhoora without you Prerna

Prerna's heart: I feel the same  void Anurag, lifeless as if my heart is slipping from my hands, you complete me and I am incomplete without you ...

CONTD ... in next post 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Prerna's tears drained out, Anurag's heart is shattered .

Anurag comes back into his room, walks into the Patio : "Prerna are you ok ?, do you need anything ? don't sit out in the cold without wearing socks, you catch cold so fast . "

Prerna looks at him , drowns in his eyes,..in her heart " stop this Anurag, don't make it difficult for me to go, these very things you do for me, made me fall into love with you truly, madly, and deeply

Anurag holds Prerna's hand , they walk inside, Anurag tucks prerna in and sleeps to the other side ... both facing away from each other

Prerna thinks we are so close yet so far

Anurag thinks  how void his life will be without Prerna

they both think about that day ...

*********flashback start ***********

Ever since the Aadhaan Pradhaan day,  Anurag has been trying to talk to Prerna to change her decision or know the reason behind her decision, for sure he knows this is not the prerna he knows, there should be some majboori, but Prerna only glared at him and countered him with silence ...

Anurag made numerous attempts, but to no avail .. his baba also talked to prerna but Prerna is stubborn and said she is marrying for Naveen's money... "do we look like fools to her ... Anurag chides her in his mind "stupid  stubborn girl ruining her life ... ... he checked with Anjali if she has any idea why Prerna agreed to this marriage ...nothing from there

Anurag has no  solution , he knows one thing for sure, that this is not Prerna's choice, her discomfort when mamu was touching her was so evident ... the wedding is due to some strong reason ... but why can't she speak to me, I would have helped her ... thought Anurag innumerable times ..

After all the functions  and numerous failed attempts ... the day of the wedding arrived, it's 3 pm, the wedding is at 8 pm in the night... Anurag's friend Nikhil comes to Basu house as Anu wanted to talk to someone as there is nothing either he or baba or anyone can do to stop it.

"I want to stop this wedding at any cost,l.." ...furious Anurag throws his fist in anger  

"You love her ... let's bhagaoo her  " Nikhil jumped in excitement

"Shut up Nikhil this is no fun time.. I am serious "  glares Anurag at Nikhil

"I am also serious dude, you love her my boy .. you love her .. it's soo evident an excited  Nikhil

"Dude ... " Anurag gives up

With no help from Nikhil , who is going on a different track... Anurag prays to maa durga to guide him to help her ...

It's 8 pm, the baaratis have come the guests are coming, Pandit ji calls for the dulhan, Suman bhabhi and Anjali are coming with Prerna dressed up as a beautiful Bengaii bride,  Anurag looks at her ... Prerna looks up their eyes meet, his with anger , her's with zero emotions more like a zombie ... Prerna and co walk slowly towards the mandap, Naveen maamu's face is vibrant like the flood lights in Eden Gardens ...  

Few steps down .. Prerna is shocked and is rooted to her place ... so is everyone in the hall ... Prerna touches her nose to see the fallen sindoor ... her maang is filled with Sindoor , she looks up, Anurag's hand still on her maang, their eyes meet... time comes to a still

"Anuuu " screams Mohini in anger ..running towards Anurag from the mandap aread

"Badi diii " screams Naveen Mamu and runs behind Mohini

Anjali and Suman bhabhi take a step back in shock ...Moloy , Rajesh , Veena ... and other family members run to the spot ,

"What the hell have you done Anuuu ... this girlll" Mohini pulls prerna away from Anurag... Prerna  who was about to fall was held by Anurag, he pulls and holds her close to himself, wraps his arm around her ...  "Mom she is my wife... Mrs. Prerna Anurag Basu " Prerna looks into his eyes ... Moloy and Sharmas have tears of happiness ...

A fierceful Naveen mamu comes close to prerna "It's ok if you applied sindoor Anu, I still want to marry Prerna,  " Maamu's words makes everyone disgusted, Anurag moves Prerna behind himself, Mamu tries to reach prerna's waist... Anurag promptly punches him across the face, maamu falls to the ground ... Prerna looks at him in disbelief to see this macho side of Anurag

Mohini yells at Anurag ..what the hell is this Anu, for this cheap middle classs girl , you hit your mama  . Anurag is ferocious , "Mom not a word against my wife , she is no longer a middle class girl, she is Mrs. Prerna Anurag Basu , she is the owner of this property , she is as rich as us Nivedita's eyes pop out and almost gets a stroke... 

"Anu ... I will talk to you later, first let me deal with this girl a furious Mohini  was about to slap Prerna, Anurag holds her hand and glares at his mom in anger .

Naveen is helped to stand up : but jeeja ji this wrong , yeh kaise sanskaar hain anuraag ke,... apne honewali maami ke saath aisa...

Moloy Basu in sas : jab miya biwi raazi , toh kya karega jeejaji aur sale ji

Anurag and Moloy , look at each other and smile

Mohini turns her anger towards Sharmas , one word from Moloy , she is silenced,  Naveen maamu walks out crying , Veena and Rajesh are happy and content that their daughter is saved from that lustrous Naveen and Moloy's happiness knew no bounds

The marriage rituals  are completed in the mandap by Panditji . Anurag and Prerna take blessings of elders , Mohini doesn't attend the wedding ceremony .  

Anurag and Prerna are blessed as a couple to live together happily ever after

************* flashback ends ***************

Next Morning . Prerna wakes up packs her baggage,  every little item of hers is packed, Anurag looks around to see the room is half empty and his heart is shattered, he hands over the file to Prerna for signatures, Prerna signs the divorce papers thinking that Anurag doesn't love her and he deserves a good life partner , more educated and more beautiful and more rich probably and gives back. She is losing her life, while give the file back  

Anurag reluctantly takes those papers, they both could only hear their heartbeats and nothing else . He wished for some magic which can stop all this ...

He is going out of the room, Anjali calls Prerna, prerna who is busy with last minute pack up , leaves the phone on speaker, , Anjali on phone " Pree pree preee kya hua have you confessed to jeeju and how did he react ... did you guys have a romantic night yday , bolo na Pree , ??  Prerna promptly removes the speaker option, Anurag who partially closed the door behind him could hear the loud voice of Anjali on phone ...
He stops in his steps and trying to recollect and assimilate the convo which he heard now, "confessed ... romantic night "what did she want to confess to me " wondered Anurag, though his heart says the right thing, his mind chides him that he is not made for her , but Anurag being a man of heart, thinks it might be true that she loves him...

prerna is looking around the room, remembering their moments at every corner, how their bond grew from mere acquaintances to friends to husband wife  to now ... holds back her tears... smiles and looks around,,

Anurag goes back into the room , it's more likely his last lifeline ,.he has to make Prerna confess what she wanted to and couldn't . knowing Prerna she would never ever be the first one to confess, so he decides to go for it, ...

Prerna looks at him and smiles faintly, "I kept everything as you like it Anurag, full closet space is yours, your office wear, your ties, your winter clothes, your sports wear ... your accessories , your books are all arranged in the study ...Anu...  I have arranged everything as it was before ..erm I mean Anurag. " Prerna says looking around the room one last time ...without facing him

Anurag holds her shoulders "No Prerna nothing is as before ,.. Neither this room, nor the closet, nor the air... nor the bed... nor ME nor YOU " everything is changed ... Prerna gives a perplexed look ... " Prerna look into my eyes.. I am NOT the same as before ... look into your eyes .. you are not same as before .. nothing between us is as before ...

"but Anurag... Prerna tries to interrupt...

"Nahin Prerna ... sab kuch badal gaya hain ... look at me, don't i look changed to you, don't you see the change in me " 

Prerna shrugs her shoulders n looks away, trying to hide her tears " kaisa change anurag, everything is same ... her voice trails off while she's  packing her phone charger

Anurag holds her hand and pulls her close to him, Prerna falls on his chest, her face buried into his chest , she can hear his heartbeat, her hair is  over his face and hers, he moves her hair, moves her chin up , stares deeply into her eyes, Prerna couldn't take her eyes off his,. He makes her sit on the bed and kneels down on the floor near hear .

Anurag in a calm and firm tone "Prerna when we got married my whole intention was to get you out of that  mess , and later on divorce you so that you can be free in life and live it on your choices and your terms and fulfill your dreams ., that was my clear intention ... but things changed, in the 6 months wait time given by court,  I have changed prerna ... you are changed ... you have changed me as a person, you made me fall in love with you .. you know, I am not poetic , I don't read romantic novels, I don't how to say this , I once told you . ki jis din mujhe sachcha pyar hoga sabse pehle tumhein bataoonga ... aaj i want to tell you ki mujhe sachcha wala pyar ho gaya hain Prerna , tumse , I love you with all my heart, my heart and soul and my entire life is yours Prerna his eyes conveyed every word he spoke, these words of his melted prerna's heart, tears rolling down her cheeks, Anurag wipes her tears ...

" you came like a magic in my life, in these 6 months I have lived my life to the fullest  which I cherish for the rest of my life, but I can't be selfish to stop you because I know your happiness is not with me, I am not your true love, I am not the guy you want ... "

Prerna smiles with tears rolling down her cheeks, "Anurag she stands on her toes  and cups his face and kisses him on his forehead, eyes, cheeks and says "I love you Anurag .. I love you with all my heart , you are my kind of loveee" and hugs him tight ... Anurag hugs her tight ... "toh divorce papers kal file karoon ki aaj "

Prerna playful hits Anu on his chest ... "Kabhiii bhi nahin ... " Anurag tears the papers and hugs her  ..

~~~~

Thanks for reading, appreciate feedback

Regards,

Munni

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wow!!!!!!
RES. 😳

Unress

Amazing OS! Loved the small things you covered. Tiny details like the winter and socks, their honeymoon, quick flashes and of course the belongingness. Worked like a film in front of me.
Confession was simple yet moving.

Lovely writeup! And a gorgeous read.

Cheers.
Edited by Mishti_Dahi - 5 years ago
FaizaAndalibC thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
WOW
PLEASE WRITE MORE ON ANUPRE😃
Indulekha00 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Wonderful OS.
Loved the confession scene, Anurag keeping his word  about Perna being the first to know when he falls in love. You have presented exactly how I imagine Anu and Pre would fall in love... That smooth progress from being friends to lovers

Susan.Dsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful I Love IF writers They Are Soo Talented 
nancy56 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovelllyyy.    
Nothing left to complete stories like this
Amazing os
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I hope the CV's take ideas from this OS baaki if you want me to do yr gun gaan to bhai v well written as always
FarhaadkiMahi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
wow
hope aisa hi.kuch ho show me
DeekshaG thumbnail
Awww.. it was soo good. I just fell in love with this AnuPre. Please continue it furthur. This could be a great fanfic