Infinity is what all I can say

TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Yesterday's episode depicted the beautiful symbolism of number 8. People celebrate the birthday of Radha as Radhashtami and the birthday of Krishna as Janmashtami. Both were born on the eighth day. Eight is a very uncertain number. We tend to misunderstand this number. We misunderstand because it is beyond our understanding. Why it is beyond our understanding? Because 8 signifies infinity. We don't know what is the start of the number and what is the end. While doing any mathematical calculation, we say that this leads to infinity, meaning it is very subjective and beyond our reach or something which cannot be explained easily.

How can I relate infinity in yesterday's episode is during Radha's birth we saw a celebration first and then the whether got bad, keeping in my that was the eighth day. On Krishna's birth, he who is an eighth child born on eighth day, celebration came after uncertainty. So the number 8 says that it is undecided whether positive comes after negative or vice versa, whether light comes after dark or vice versa. On being optimistic, Vrishbhanu said that after uncertainty awaits something good forgetting that during his daughter's birth reverse was the case.

Infinity was again shown when the girl child was about to be named. The world understood Dhara but the world didn't understand Radha. Dhara means losing the existence in the Sagar, which the world actually sees as gaining existence. But do we know the origins of the rivers. We claim that they originate from mountains, but have we ever seen the origins. Going back to origins leads to infinity. We know Radha is infinite, who is beyond explanation. She is gaining existence but it is out of world's reach. In the first episode, we saw that Radha was beyond explanation. Radha was said to be destruction but she gained existence immersing in God. Our whole respiration process in a loop, we don't know we inhale because we exhale or vice versa. This loop is infinity.

Same goes with Krishna, the eighth son born on the eighth day. He is the most simple yet most complex God. We will not understand that a black personality is so much attractive. Infinity is something which cannot be understood, which is out of our reach. We adore the relationship between Radha and Krishna but will we ever accept in that the person, whom we have married can love someone to this extent. No we find it vague. RadhaKrishna are worshipped but in reality we will never accept that.

An infant who has no understanding regarding the world, connects automatically with Krishna. That is infinity. It is unknown whether Radha comes after Krishna or Krishna comes after Radha. As the infinity they are one only. 

We all tend to understand this love story. But those who try to understand or those who don't try to understand, it is out of everyone's reach.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Very well understood.
Even in Navratri Durga ashtami has special importance.
Ashta sidhhi, Ashtana yoga, Ashta Matrikas, Astha dala kamal in a yantra..., more can be added to the list.
Edited by mnx12 - 5 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail
The number 8 also has significance at atomic level 
where the inertness or reactivity of an element is greatly affected .. 
with out going to the details to bore every one .. hinting at number of electrons in outermost energy level  of the electrons inside the atoms .
those in the field of nuclear physics will understand . 
from atomic level to the entire universe the number 8 has significance .. may be thats why this number was chosen by the LORD. ... and by Hindu Culture ... to fall in synchronous rhythm from Atomic level to the infinite universe ...  

Edited by Sutapasima - 5 years ago
Latas thumbnail
Such a beautiful post and comments too...I know this is where I want to be for sometime...a pure magical Love story of Radha Krishna depicted so beautifully and a right forum to add to the essence of their Love. Thanks for this beautiful post.

The Eight forms of Lord Ganesha -Ashta Vinayaka (Maha-ganapati, Varada-vinayaka, Chintamani-vinayaka, Girijatmaja-vinayaka, Vghneswara, Bala-vinayaka and Siddhi-vinayaka).

Goddess Lakshmi is supposed to give us 8 kinds of wealth (ASHTAAISWARYAMULU).. including money, grains, clothes, etc.

The Goddess Lakshmi, the consort of Vishnu has eight forms, Adi Lakshmi (primal), Dhanya Lakshmi (wealth of grains), Dhairya Lakshmi (wealth of courage), Gaja Lakshmi (wealth of elephants), Santana Lakshmi (wealth of children), Vijaya Lakshmi (wealth of success). Vidya Lakshmi (wealth of knowledge) and Dhana Lakshmi (monetary wealth).

Corresponding with these eight Lakshmis are the eight Shaktis of Lord Vishnu: Sridevi (Goddess of money), Bhudevi (Goddess of land), Saraswati (Goddess of knowledge), Priti (Goddess of happiness), Kirti (Goddess of fame), Shanti (Goddess of peace), Tusti (Goddess of pleasure) and Pusti (Goddess of health). Corresponding with them again are the eight consorts of Lord Krishna.

PS: Thanks for this post...made me read about the number 8 from the net and that's how gathered the above information. 😳Edited by Latas - 5 years ago
4me2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Excellent post. 8 is a really significant number in so many aspects. Feels so good to read the discussions here.
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
@mnx we have so many mythological instances which tells how important number 8 is in Hinduism.
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
@Sutapasima Your comment added to my knowledge. So even science supports this symbolism. Very nice comment
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
@Latas the infinity sign suggests ups and downs. So the wealth by Lakshmi can go up and down, fame, happiness can go up and down, but it is a loop which very difficult to understand. The surety is that it comes and goes.
TheGirlofRagas thumbnail
@4me2 I didn't expected that this post will turn into amazing discussion. Claps to everyone of you.
4me2 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hello. Call me Puja. You opened a very interesting topic so it turned to a good discussion.