Ahsan has an identical twin!!!!

sadaf18 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

guys, read this interview, i did and naturally loved it!! there are so many cool things i never knew about ahsan, here they are...

A workaholic actor

By Fareeha Masood Idrees (Courtesy: Dawn)

Ahsan Khan has almost become a household name. With a long queue of plays, serials and films to his credit, this young man who appeared on the scene only a few years ago has literally taken the Pakistan showbiz world by storm. Starring in three major films such as Iqbal Kashmiri's Ghar kab ao gay, Sangeeta's Nikah and Syed Noor's Billi, he turned his eyes towards the world of television where he is present in every second serial.

With a good height, flawless complexion, clear eyes and a comfortable attitude, one would think he could be our answer to Leonardo De Caprio, but meeting Ahsan was an interesting experience, as he comes across as the boy next door with his easy charm and friendly nature.

"You know we showbiz people are used to having our clocks turned upside down, with days being our nights and nights being our days, but I am very sorry that I am bothering you at this late hour." These were his first words as he entered the room for the interview. Dressed in a jet-black designer shirt and jeans, he looked completely at ease with himself and his surroundings.

Ahsan is a graduate from Government College, Lahore, but his early schooling took place in the UK. He remembers his childhood days in the streets of Hounslow with fondness and recalls being a very active and sturdy boy during those days.

"I know you must have heard it a thousand times, an artist saying he or she always wanted to be an actor, yet I will repeat these lines. Being an artist or an entertainer is indeed an inborn trait, a gift from God that you become aware of in your early days. I, for instance, knew that this was the field for me and I worked towards it one step at a time. I took acting classes in Southall from Bollywood actors. Those were very informative and enlightening workshops that helped me groom my talent to a great extent. However, I never thought at that time that I would end up being where I am today, nor did I ever believe that I would achieve so much fame and gain respect in such a short span of time. Thanks to the Almighty, I have been as lucky as anyone could get." He smiled again. Smiling, it seems, comes naturally to Ahsan, who considers himself someone who would never have enough friends and someone who can always be relied on.

"I make friends in an instant. I love interacting with people, listening to them and sharing their thoughts and problems. My buddies consider me a very dependable person, and I also consider my friends as assets. For me, acting is an art and a full time job. Once you are in this field, you ought to enter it with full commitment." He says.

Ahsan is British by nationality, yet a true Pakistani in essence.

"I was around 15 when my parents decided to come back and settle down here, and they wanted to go back to the UK after I joined showbiz." He chuckles mischievously. "I live in both countries now."

He has a long series of major plays to his credit including Shahlakot written by Ashfaq Ahmed, Chashmaan, Tapish, Shenayi and many others. At the moment, he can be seen in Aasman say agay and Tumhee to ho.

The PTV play Khayal was Ahsan's first serial. Shot in the UK a couple of years ago, it hasn't come on air to date but is expected to be telecast soon.

What made him turn to TV after making a debut on the big screen?

"To be honest, I think turning towards TV was the best move in my career.

I stopped doing movies as there weren't any good roles being offered. In TV, I am fortunate that I'm getting loads of offers from good directors in lead roles, therefore I prefer TV at the moment. On the big screen, I was mostly one of three or four heroes. However, I have not bid adieu to films completely because I'm appearing soon in Pervaiz Malik's new venture. He is working on a huge project, along with his son Imran, and their plan is to shoot in the UK. I am sure it will be a film of international standard."

He looks thoughtful for a while and then continues. "I consider TV as my main claim to fame. Ghar kab ao gay was the major break in my life. This was the time when people started taking me seriously. This gave me the freedom to become a bit selective in picking roles and concentrating on quality work. Fortunately, the first three serials that I did on TV were hits. Javed Fazil has helped me a lot in this field. I had no connection or approach when I appeared. Actually, I have a great passion for drama, acting and theatre. I am a big Shakespeare fan," he stops in between and quotes from a few plays of Shakespeare's. While I commended him on his interest in English Literature, he disclosed that he had plans to do his Masters in English Literature. However, due to his busy schedule, this dream has not been fulfilled yet.

"I think Pakistani dramas are some of the best in the world. We have immense talent in this country. Personally, my favourite actor in Pakistan is Waheed Murad and there is a strong reason to say that. I have done lots of stage personifications of the great mentor. I also like Nadeem and the late Agha Talish and consider them the masters of this field."

Talking about his personal life, he said, "I was born on October 9 which makes me a Libra. I have five brothers and sisters and it might be interesting for some people to know that there are two of me, as I have an identical twin brother who is in the UK. He has turned completely towards Islam and spends his time studying it and preaching. In fact, I have a slight religions streak in me too. I took Islamic History in my Bachelor's studies because I was very interested in knowing more about Islam. I say my prayers regularly and people do stop and ask me with amazement, "Oh, you pray also." He laughs again. "Due to some reason, people don't associate our field with the religious side of life. My mother is a very religious person and we have inherited it as well. My father is into business."

Ahsan's parents were rather taken aback when he disclosed that he wanted to work in this field full time.

"They were surprised at the fact that I had signed for a film as sadly, the image of the Pakistani film industry is pretty bad. In fact, my cousins and family used to crack jokes at me in the beginning. Things have changed substantially now, as I have, thanks to the Almighty, made a good name in this business and have earned reasonably as well."

So what is it actually that makes showbiz such a taboo profession for average Pakistani parents that they try their utmost to protect their children from entering this field? I can't help asking.

"To be honest, I find this profession to be very interesting. However, it's true that there are reasons that give parents some worries. For instance, the day you join this world, you are no longer in the bracket of a nine-to-five family life. Your lifestyle changes. You're expected to move in a certain group in a certain way; your privacy is gone forever. Yet I think showbiz is a good package. It has its good and bad points, and once you are in this field you should be ready to pay the price for fame."

Personally, Ahsan enjoys being sought after by people, as this is a definition of fame for him - to be looked at and to be sought after."If you are in the glamour world, then you should be ready to deal with it. Of course, the other different thing about showbiz is that you work in close proximity with the opposite gender and you are more attached and friendlier than perhaps in normal life."

He pauses, and then says sadly, "You will not believe what desperate measures some of the artists, especially females, have to take to acquire good roles in the acting world. We must realize that there are educated females in this profession who are from decent backgrounds as well. Sadly, our society is divided into so many hypocritical layers that we just like to criticize them from afar. For instance, if people see someone dressed in a daring or westernized dress with mounds of make-up, they will form an opinion about that female without trying to know the person. The preconceived notions are one of the major reasons why most parents hesitate in sending their offspring into this profession."

Talking about his hectic schedule, Ahsan says he thinks he will be acting all his life.

"I returned from Dubai a few days ago. I am busy here and then will be going to Lahore. I doubt that I will be doing any other thing in the near future for frankly speaking," he pauses to grin, "I doubt that I am capable of doing anything else at the moment. Honestly, I don't have much time to do anything. However, I do plan to start up my own business in the later stages of my life."

As for his matrimonial plans, "I believe in love and I know I will marry someone I really love. The future at the moment holds only time for work."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rameena thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sadaf if he has a Identical Twin, he is mine, dont think of him now.

U take care of this one, aur ek advice plz change ur avatar , put Ahsan's

other pic. Dont mind dear.

Rameena.

anam2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sadaf, really!! I can't believe this!!!

Rameena Gi!!!... he's mine! πŸ˜›

loolz.. jus joking! u said it first!.. so u can have him..

-anam
sadaf18 thumbnail

guys,

just be careful...his bro has become an extremely religious person...he might not want what u guys hope forπŸ˜•

but if u can get around that fact, he is all urs. as long as i get to keep ahsan...πŸ˜‰

-sadaf

rameena thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sadaf aur Anam aap dono ko apnay apnay ahsan aur twin Ahsan mubarak ho.Bas meray liye Salman ko chord do.....Sorry sarah....Kya karun Control nahi hota.

Rameena.................

sadaf18 thumbnail

rameena, dont worry salman is all urs...

-sadaf