This is getting better....or worse?

Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi. 

Four episodes in and I feel like the show is somewhat getting better. Though, before you read my review, I just wanna tell you: I skipped the third episode because I cannot be bothered with the predictable nonsense which went down, especially when I have better things to do with my time. 

Good thing? As the show and the characters have got some time to buffer, it seems they have tried to tone down the volume of everything. The forced character interactions have come down, the narrative has finally taken a somewhat (if not all) smooth tone instead of being the haphazard roller coaster it was for the first two episodes. So, I guess that is better? But it was inevitable. There is only so much forced OTT scenes even Indian television creatives can come up with. (Don't challenge them Angela.)

That being said, can we talk about Erica? Because she is getting (how do I say this without sounding offensive)... bearable with each episode. Not bad at all. Parth is also good at smiling a lot. 

With that, let us get to what you are here for... the rant. 

Firstly, let me address the necessary. Prerna...honey... ARE YOU A F*CKING IDIOT? No seriously.  Two episodes with that creep around her, so obviously creepy, and what reason does she have for not shutting him down? "oH,.. iT wAs A pIoUs dAy. i DiD nOt wAnT tO rUiN iT...". F*CK OFF. JUST F*CK OFF WITH THAT NONSENSE. CAN WE STOP TREATING MOLESTATION AS UNIMPORTANT. IT IS IMPORTANT AS HECK AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED WITH CARE. 

See, you can be sanskari, and still care for your safety. It all just ties into the bigger narrative of this show NOT being a 2018 adaptation but just being the same old 2001 bulls*it. 

There was one moment between Prerna and Anurag which was somewhat sweet. Something which I could enjoy. 

At this point though, I am just waiting for Komolika to step in and wreck things up because this is just boring otherwise. 

Overall, moving in the right direction but not really.