Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1149930 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Yep there's a lot of abuse and homophobic comments on the forum.
Whereas I agree with many members about IP banning, filtering...it's flip side is bad also because some people are on unfair warnings and then they get banned.

My issues:
1) Warning level lowering: Mods give weird reasons like - not active on my forum - then don't decrease it. If person has not been doing any trouble for 3 months their warning should be reduced considering the severity of the previous crime for WL.
I find it stupid that just because you are little inactive they don't wanna lower it.
Please do something about this issue so that any Moderator can lowerr your WL if other moderators are busy.
Mod can lower your WL even if you were sorta inactive.
Vijay sir I have also seen some Mods want to take out their personal anger and give weird reasons for not lowering your warning. They make up reasons which make no sense. It feels unfair and makes me angry on this froum, forcing me to quit this place.

2) IP filtering:
Some people get banned unfairly and I have seen it is very difficult for good members to come back because they eventually ban the id after few days. So the filtering is in place but takes a while to take effect. Members don't get to come back, maybe for sometime they do, but they are eventually banned. So this argument is invalid. Please don't ban IPs of good members. It will be reallly unfair of them.

My suggestion is to change your administration and stop people from using different IPs to make new ids and accounts.
Get a new system in place where members warning level is automatically reviewed and lowered after 3 months. Don't give so much unfair power to your moderators.
If in 3 months member commits some serious offence, the moderator can increase WL, but mod shouldn't be given power to lower it. Because I have seen that when your WL reduce date approaches, mods make up reasons to refuse to lower it.
Automatic system is needed.

Don't ban IP of old, good members.
maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The biggest problem is there is nothing like a permanent ban here, so the members who do the most vile acts keep coming back with new ids. After 14-15 times of ban&comeback, it feels pointless to report because it's a continuous routine of bullying and abusing with no repercussions.
Thank you for pointing out.
We are looking at options on how we can combat this menace.
Now we are regularly checking new members who are joining the site and checking their random posts to ensure its not spam.

Reported posts will be checked more frequently.

Keep this discussion going so that I can understand the issues at hand better and come up with solutions.

Regards
maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JhoothiBhaiswa

At least they are banned. Unlike you who has two active accounts in her kitty Shar, pretending to be two different people. 🤢🤢

Dear Vijay,

This is a prime example.

For months now, new IDs come up and accuse me of being an MID of a member Eggon_Snow who has not been active for a while. I have reported this, ignored this, argued over this, but nothing works, when one id gets banned another comes up repeating the same things. Quite confused on how to deal with this.
Edited by Sarath_Pandey - 6 years ago
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Is it not better to report accounts who you think are fake IDs and ban IP address, and who continuously bashing in each topics or forum repetitively using same comments? then just reporting posts. Because it seems nothing is being done.
As for reporting posts which i do. Is it even going through since i see no confirmation to them even been sent but just go back to the same page or report post page

Another thing is can we have a Mod in the Roop forum... and pinned topics and rules/regulations posts up as few members are being bashing purposely or turning few topics into same mocking posts. (crictisms is fine but its going over the line that's what is happening).

Thank you.
Edited by Lennie - 6 years ago
.Shiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Lennie

Is it not better to report accounts who you think are fake IDs and ban IP address, and who continuously bashing in each topics or forum repetitively using same comments? then just reporting posts. Because it seems nothing is being done.

As for reporting posts which i do. Is it even going through since i see no confirmation to them even been sent but just go back to the same page or report post page

Another thing is can we have a Mod in the Roop forum... and pinned topics and rules/regulations posts up as few members are being bashing purposely or turning few topics into same mocking posts. (crictisms is fine but its going over the line that's what is happening).

Thank you.

yes plez we need a good MOD in roop forum. CG/PG needs to be tag also.
GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Vijay bhai for banning this MID.

Also if you just add a limit for 1/2 accounts per IP address then it could be pretty good .

Originally posted by: Heart-Hacker

Thanks Vijay bhai for banning this MID.

Also if you just add a limit for 1/2 accounts per IP address then it could be pretty good .

That is not practical as many ISP do not allocate separate IPs to members and all goes through the same Proxy Server.

However we will definitely figure out some ways how to combat this problem.

BTW the banning was done by the Moderation Team.

GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: vijay

That is not practical as many ISP do not allocate separate IPs to members and all goes through the same Proxy Server.

However we will definitely figure out some ways how to combat this problem.

BTW the banning was done by the Moderation Team.

but I have seen in various sites likes irctc that they put some restriction on booking the tickets by putting some threshold value for specific timeline for the same MAC address ( or the IP Address with the same subnets) of the device.
I think this could be done .

Alright bhai .
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail + 7
By not allowing Users who get banned to come from another id.
Other wise what's the point of ban ?