Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Good idea! It will be easy to access different topics, forums and join discussion. Like, I am always on BWF. maybe if you add this feature, i will be able to see every topic which is outside of bwf forum.
Also, I have another idea too. there should be a separate column/ place for all the hot topics going on in whole site.
Like, you created a topic and it got so many replies within 1 hour and is still going on with rocket speed, Kind of like a trending system, you open that page and you get to see whats Hot n Happening going on in whole site. Its just my thought. I personally find it interesting.

Yes.

And if suppose you are a fan of Salman Khan you will find all the topics pertaining to him forum wide (Bigg Boss / Dus Ka Dum / or Bollywood Forum) listed in one place.

Trending / Hot Topics is a good idea which can be implemented. (Noted)

Regards,

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Quality Enforcers

Originally posted by: vijay

The current system will remain as it is. So those who like to visit different forums in the existing setup will be able to do so and need not worry.

We are just adding the ability to tag Topics with Celebrities / Channels / Movies and Shows.

May be I was not much clear on this in my first post.

Regarding the Online / Offline switch for members we will bring it back soon.

Regards,

So if I understand properly, it will be like this.
The current system continues. But when you create a topic on a celeb , you will have the option of adding tags to it. Like if that celeb has 3 shows, it will appear on all 3 shows forums and also on the celebrity page. Members from any 3 forums can comment on that.

People who want old way can give them only 1 tag and those who want multiple discussions can give them multiple discussions.

Hope I am getting this right. :p

Originally posted by: Metis

Does this mean you're getting rid of separate forums for each TV show?

Or for example if I want to compare Bepannah, Silsila, and Beyadh, I can open a topic in Bepannah forum and tag the other 2 shows in it so that the topic appears in all 3 forums? Then if I want to search for comparison topics only, I can search the tag on the IF main page or in one of the 3 forums and find the topic.

If the latter, I like the idea, but if the former then I don't really want to get rid of separate forums. I like the idea of visiting one forum for everything, but searching in it for stuff that is relevant to me.

No we are not getting rid of that. It will remain as it is.

If you create a comparison topic under Bepanaah Forum tagging Silsila, Beyadh and Bepanah. This topic will appear in the Topic Timeline of all who are following any of these shows.

It will especially be fun when we are tagging Celebrities and that person is on different shows. Or for a movie which is going to be coming out soon and I am interested in that movie I can easily find all the topics on that irrespective of the forum it has been posted in one place.

maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Tangentially related, can you get tags for actors on BW forum? So you can go through the history of topics posted on a specific actor easily. Many times, the topic titles don't have the actor's name in them so it's impossible to search them later on, but tags can make it simple.

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

So if I understand properly, it will be like this.

The current system continues. But when you create a topic on a celeb , you will have the option of adding tags to it. Like if that celeb has 3 shows, it will appear on all 3 shows forums and also on the celebrity page. Members from any 3 forums can comment on that.

People who want old way can give them only 1 tag and those who want multiple discussions can give them multiple discussions.

Hope I am getting this right. :p

Yes. The Topic started decides. The user will have to tag all the 3 shows.

We will just have a check where we make sure its not irrelevant tags and people not misusing this feature.
BeingBlunt thumbnail

Quality Enforcers

Originally posted by: Deadinside

Good idea! It will be easy to access different topics, forums and join discussion. Like, I am always on BWF. maybe if you add this feature, i will be able to see every topic which is outside of bwf forum.
Also, I have another idea too. there should be a separate column/ place for all the hot topics going on in whole site.
Like, you created a topic and it got so many replies within 1 hour and is still going on with rocket speed, Kind of like a trending system, you open that page and you get to see whats Hot n Happening going on in whole site. Its just my thought. I personally find it interesting.

You mean like how reddit has an r/all page which lists the hot and trending topics
? That's a good idea to increase participation. Maybe you will visit a forum that you never visited before. That's good idea.
BeingBlunt thumbnail

Quality Enforcers

Originally posted by: vijay

Yes. The Topic started decides. The user will have to tag all the 3 shows.

We will just have a check where we make sure its not irrelevant tags and people not misusing this feature.

Awesome. ⭐️

Originally posted by: Sarath_Pandey

Tangentially related, can you get tags for actors on BW forum? So you can go through the history of topics posted on a specific actor easily. Many times, the topic titles don't have the actor's name in them so it's impossible to search them later on, but tags can make it simple.

For existing topics we will try auto-tagging when we are 100% certain. But it will come later.

Site Search is being reworked so that its easy to find topics / posts.

Regards,
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Peace Lover

Great idea Vijay. Just saw this thread now.
Comparison posts need not always b bad .It can be fun too if done in a healthy manner without bashing .
Am all for it .Bring it on!!
Just a suggestion- can we please have active mods for all forums? Most of d forums don't have mods and in case we want to conduct a contest or something, we don't know whom to contact.
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i really like the idea but there can be many disadvantages of this feature.. say, if i make a comparison post and tag mulitple actors then it can create a huge mess.! there should be a limit to the number of actors tagged. And there should be a limit to the number of such posts appearing on the timeline of shows..i would like to see only most active topics on the timeline of tagged shows.. just the way "global announcement" section works..