Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: HoLiEr.ThN.tHoU

The first one was OTT.. but the second one was good IMO.. not everyone cries the same way.. there are people who cry in an OTT manner.. don't see whats so funny in it.

And Indian TV soaps should be the last thing to used as a yardstick.. πŸ˜†

funny how even indian tv actresses can act better
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Some of these scenes which look crap or OTT in trailers make sense when you see it in the actual film. For example, I thought Sonam was horrible in the Sanju trailer. Her whole 'where is my bloody mangalsutra' came across as cringe worthy yet in the actual film, it didn't look that jarring. I'd say she did a decent job in the film (her dialogue delivery is mediocre but she wasn't as bad as the trailer made her out to be). Ditto with say a Deepika in Tamasha. I thought her dialogue delivery sucked in the trailer yet when I saw the actual film, I thought she was wonderful. So I feel like we should probably wait for the film before judging Anushka. One thing is certain. None of these guys know how to cut trailers apart from SLB (who makes mediocre films of course but that's for another day πŸ˜†).
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

funny how even indian tv actresses can act better

Its your opinion though. Acting is subjective anyways.. what you find bad maynot be bad for others and vice versa.. I personally haven't seen any Indian tv actress who cries naturally without having to look pretty.. and find Anushka much better than most tv actresses. But to each his own I guess..
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

Some of these scenes which look crap or OTT in trailers make sense when you see it in the actual film. For example, I thought Sonam was horrible in the Sanju trailer. Her whole 'where is my bloody mangalsutra' came across as cringe worthy yet in the actual film, it didn't look that jarring. I'd say she did a decent job in the film (her dialogue delivery is mediocre but she wasn't as bad as the trailer made her out to be). Ditto with say a Deepika in Tamasha. I thought her dialogue delivery sucked in the trailer yet when I saw the actual film, I thought she was wonderful. So I feel like we should probably wait for the film before judging Anushka. One thing is certain. None of these guys know how to cut trailers apart from SLB (who makes mediocre films of course but that's for another day πŸ˜†).

Agree with you Rogz.. only SLB cuts amazing trailers. I am always fooled by him coz his trailers give me the hope of a wonderful film but they turn out mediocre. . πŸ˜† Opposite is Raju Hirani who cuts mediocre trailers for wonderful films πŸ˜†
I still found Sonam bad in that scene though.. but yes it happens.
@bold An ideal situation that would kill the fun in this forumπŸ˜†
Edited by HoLiEr.ThN.tHoU - 6 years ago
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

Its your opinion though. Acting is subjective anyways.. what you find bad maynot be bad for others and vice versa.. I personally haven't seen any Indian tv actress who cries naturally without having to look pretty.. and find Anushka much better than most tv actresses. But to each his own I guess..

Ugly crying doesn't necessarily means one is acting good! You know you have got a very thin arguement when u have to compare a bolly actress to a TV one! And who told u there wasn't ugly crying in balika vadhu? I think the late pratyusha banerjee did amazing acting in it!
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Agree with you Rogz.. only SLB cuts amazing trailers. I am always fooled by him coz his trailers give me the hope of a wonderful film but they turn out mediocre. . πŸ˜† Opposite is Raju Hirani who cuts mediocre trailers for wonderful films πŸ˜†
I still found Sonam bad in that scene though.. but yes it happens.
@bold An ideal situation that would kill the fun in this forumπŸ˜†

Hirani cuts the worst trailers. SLB should probably conduct a crash course on how to cut teasers and trailers πŸ˜† Another director who cuts good trailers is Basu. Barfi was a good film but the trailer was even better. Probably one of the best in recent times. I think it requires talent to cut silent trailers where the actors hardly have any dialogues and everything is conveyed with the expressions and bgm. Which is what Basu did with Barfi. It's also the technique SLB usually adapts. Most of the trailers these days have too many dialogues and reveal a lot more than required. So I'd rather wait and watch the film before judging Anushka πŸ˜†
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail
Is she the only actress who played poor and rural? Honestly!
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bollywoodlaver

Ugly crying doesn't necessarily means one is acting good! You know you have got a very thin arguement when u have to compare a bolly actress to a TV one! And who told u there wasn't ugly crying in balika vadhu? I think the late pratyusha banerjee did amazing acting in it!

I never said ugly crying means acting good. Heck I don't even think Anushka is the best actress or something. Topic is on the crying scene of Anushka in sui dhaaga trailer which I didn't find funny or cringeworthy like some others did . Thats my opinion . And about tv actresses , I didn't bring the comparison and its not related to the topic in any way. So lets refrain from arguing over it.
Ciao.
Bollywoodlaver thumbnail

I never said ugly crying means acting good. Heck I don't even think Anushka is the best actress or something. Topic is on the crying scene of Anushka in sui dhaaga trailer which I didn't find funny or cringeworthy like some others did . Thats my opinion . And about tv actresses , I didn't bring the comparison and its not related to the topic in any way. So lets refrain from arguing over it.
Ciao.

u did try to pay out tv and the acting to make anushka look good! In my opinion even they are better! Ciao
CoolSophia thumbnail
Its really looking funny πŸ˜†