Taher Shabbir Chats with BollywoodLife

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Bepannaah: This is how Taher Shabbir knew everything about Jennifer Winget without meeting her, thanks to Aneri Vajani

After all the speculations about who will play the role of Arshad in Bepannaah, actor Taher Shabbir Mithaiwalla has been finalised for the role. He was last seen in the film, Fan. Taher is best known for the role of Viraj in the youth show, Nisha Aur Uske Cousins. His entry scene is tonight. In an EXCLUSIVE conversation with Bollywood Life, Taher said, "I really liked my character of Arshad. He is a wonderful human being and totally family-oriented. Moreover, he is a feminist. I feel my character is written for close to a month. I loved the positive vibes around my role. I also loved the idea of how two people come close after being cheated on by their spouses and rediscover love. So, how has his bonding been with the two actors? "I spent a lot of time with Harshad. We eat our dabba together. He is a senior actor with so many projects in his kitty. You can learn a lot from him. He is a very nice guy, gushes Taher. Earlier, there were rumours that Vatsal Sheth would be playing the role of Arshad in the show. The Tarzan actor shares a close association with the production house. "Incidentally, Vatsal and I were together for a fashion show in Indore few days back but we did not discuss Bepannaah. I later heard he was one of the front-runners. I guess they had zeroed down two to three people for Arshad's character, he explains.

The actor also spoke about working with Jennifer Winget for the first time. He reveals that Aneri Vajani who is a close friend of Jennifer and him had given him sufficient heads up about her. "Jennifer is fabulous. Aneri told me so much about her before I joined Bepannaah, so I had this visual in mind. She is far more endearing than that. It always helps to have common friends, you see. Jennifer watches a lot of shows and so do I. We exchanged notes on shows we need to watch now. As actors, you need to see a lot of other actors to constantly improve, he says.

He was much loved in Nisha Aur Uske Cousins but Taher did not take up many projects post that. The actor reveals the reason and it will surprise you. "I don't like the misogyny on TV. I do not mind playing a negative character who is a misogynist throughout but to see a positive man suddenly ill-treating a woman does not appeal to me. I rejected many such roles. I feel it is not a good message to society, he says. Taher also tells us that the show he loves of late is Roop Mard Ka Naya Swaroop. "I feel the concept of a young man deciding to be like his mother and sisters is terrific, he signs off.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nerdgal thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
He seems like Neil from Ek Hasina Thi.

Ek mahine ke liye likha hai matlab mtni aasani se nahi nikalne wala.
samiaadiya12 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Haan woh rahega ek month ðŸ˜† phir adi marega unhe and nikaljayega ðŸ¤£Edited by samiaadiya12 - 5 years ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
If he is in a positive role, it's more interesting because then only Zoya can truly realize Adi's worth in her life. 
I enjoyed reading the interview. He seems to be a nice guy.
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nerdgal

He seems like Neil from Ek Hasina Thi.

Ek mahine ke liye likha hai matlab mtni aasani se nahi nikalne wala.

Close to a month matlab 3 to 3 and half weeks probably. Utna time toh lagna chahiye for Zoya to come out of her azeez dost mode and realize her feelings for Adi.
coolgal270 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Good interview!
I like that he is positive!
Enough of 3rd angles that r negative.
Plus him being a good guy, will add more drama to zoya's equation..plus also more character to adi & zoya...

It is easier to reject a negative guy, it takes good reasons to reject a positive one...and she will do it as she realizes her love for adi...not because arshad is bad!

Good that he bonded well wid d cast!
Welcome to d team! But sorry mate,we r gonna hate u so much coz u r gonna make our boy cry!😆
Edited by coolgal270 - 5 years ago
mystique_4008 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
He states his character is positive but spoilers are saying otherwise 😕 only the episodes will tell 😆 I actually want his character to be positive fed up of seeing negative 3rd angles. anyways liked the fact he has bonded well with jenshad 😳Edited by Cherryfairy - 5 years ago
kiki_kj thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. I don't know much about the guy, I saw bits of him in Nisha aur Uske Cousins, but he seems like a great person. I agree with Subha...it's more interesting if he's a positive character. It will make Zoya's decision to still choose Aditya much more meaningful. I just hope the CVs don't go overboard and make Adi look bad or make him do things out of character...
HC_Rabia thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Tulips-

Close to a month matlab 3 to 3 and half weeks probably. Utna time toh lagna chahiye for Zoya to come out of her azeez dost mode and realize her feelings for Adi.

Patah h mene ek baar calculation Kiya tha only frndz with harshad AT Know😆
Like after 6 month it take 13 epi for adi to realise in love and he finally convey in 14 epi same will goes for Zoya too from next Monday till 14 epi around 29 aug means after 3 weeks😆
Edited by Rabialuvsadiya - 5 years ago
potterhead14 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is very confusing
He is saying that he is positive but all the other articles said that his role is a negative one. Neverthelesss hope the CVs don't butcher his role like rajveer's one. Please CVs don't make him lame and illogical.

Btw he mentioned Harshad has a lot of projects in hand... Is Harshad doing something else other than BP?