Sparkles2621 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Howdy doody all the lovely ppl!!! Been watching ISA for a long time and I love the freaking chemistry between Kabir and Zara. This OS is set far far down the lane .. P.S No proof read and this is pure fluff!! Happy reading !!!

Though it was barely March and wind
and rain had battered Lucknow for days, the weather was wonderfully warm and sunny as Zara stepped carefully out of the car, the newborn baby cradled lovingly in her arms. Kabir stepped out after her and held Zara's shoulder looking at their new born daughter. She was asleep in her mother's arms.A testament to the hours the gardener had invested in the garden, the neatly tended flowerbeds were bursting with daffodils and crocuses and Zara was already imagining sunny days spent outside with Amaan and Rehaan splashing about in the paddling pool and the baby asleep under the shade of the blossoming apple tree. Pressing Samaira protectively against the soft wool of her sweater, Zara was overwhelmed by a sudden burst of love at the slight weight of the baby in her arms.
A week overdue, exhausted and swollen, Zara had frustratedly wondered if she was ever going to give birth but now, seeing their baby sleep blissfully in her arms, she knew the long nine months of exhaustion and the accompanying torture of labour had been worth it. She was beautiful with her features an exact replica of her father's and shock of dark hair, which Rehaan delightedly declared was the same as his. Kabir couldn't keep his eyes off her and even now, as Zara glanced at her husband, his arms loaded with Zara's suitcase and the baby bag and other baby essentials, his gaze was focused solely on his newborn daughter as he led the way towards Ahmed House where everyone was awaiting for them.
"Look, Samaira ,this is your new home," Zara cooed softly at her daughter, pressing her lips to the soft skin of her forehead as she smiled at the family.
As Kabir and Zara entered the main door , Ayesha greeted them with blessings and the family members welcomed them.
Imran took the baby from Zara and said
"Welcome home princess, the youngest and the cutest Ahmed, Samaira Ahmed" he said swinging her
"Imran careful"said Shahbaz reprimanding him
"Yeah Imran she is baby "said Kashan
"Give her to me " said Alina
"No I will play first "said Imran
"Stop it you people, give the baby to her parents, she needs them the most"said Ayesha
It was then they realised that Kabir and Zara were standing silently and watching the tussle as to who will play with the baby.
"Oops we forgot the princess needs to be with them first"said Alina taking the baby . She gave the baby to Zara .
"Go to your room both of you , even you need rest Zara "said Ayesha caressing the baby's cheek.
"Where is Rehaan?Ammi ?"asked Kabir looking around and not finding his elder child.
"He is playing outside, you guys go I will send him"said Shahbaaz.
Slipping an arm around his wife's shoulder , Kabir took Zara and the baby to their room.
Relinquished of his load, the suitcase and bags left hastily on the couch,Kabir came over to Zara ,arms outstretched, gazing at his daughter enthralled as he demanded possession of his daughter. "She's so beautiful, Zara ," he smiled as he gently cradled her in his arms and rocked her softly.
"She's perfect," Zara agreed adoringly, running a fingertip in complete fascination along her daughter's tiny clenched fist, suppressing an almost irresistible urge to reach out and wake baby Samaira just to see her open her beautiful eyes.
Choosing a name for the baby had been excruciating. They had bought the obligatory book of baby names and spent hours poring over the pages and debating the merits of one name over another. Imran had helpfully suggested Kashish , wanting desperately to name the baby after his favorite actress. The prospect that the baby could be a boy crossed Alina's mind and her contributions of Saif and Ibarim were clearly influenced by her obsession with celebrities. Shahbaz declared that he didn't care what they called the baby as long as they steered clear of any advice from Imran and Alina. Ayesha had advised her not to worry and that Zara and Kabir would know the perfect name for their baby the second they held him or her in their arms, and she was right. Samaira seemed like a fitting name for their beautiful daughter who had protested angrily when she had been pulled from the warm cocoon of her mother's womb, screaming red-faced until she was placed against the warmth of Zara's chest, her cries gradually subsiding as she listened to the soft coos of her parents.Samaira meaning protected by god suited her perfectly for Zara's pregnancy was quite risky and it was indeed that the baby had been protected by god .
"I can't believe she's slept for so long,"Kabir whispered dotingly, shifting Samaira's weight in his arms as he settled back into the sofa, patting the seat beside him for Zara to come and join them. "I don't think I got a full night's sleep for months after Rehaan was born."
"I can," Zara smiled darkly, smothering a yawn with her hand as she burrowed contently into Kabir's chest. "Your daughter spent most of last night screaming the hospital down and no matter how many times I rocked her or sang to her, she wouldn't settle down. I think she finally cried herself to sleep whilst you were busy on your phone ," Zara finished wearily, resting her head on her husband's shoulder and enjoying the peaceful quiet of their room, which the hospital with the constant stream of visitors and doctor's rounds failed to provide.
At the hospital right after the delivery Zara had been initially awkward while dealing with Samaira , uncomfortably conscious of the fact she wasn't supporting the baby's head properly or couldn't get her to feed. Though she had done all of this before with Rehaan but Samaira was born difficultly and had been in the incubator for about 3 odd hours. The doctor had told them to take extra care of her and Zara had been on tenterhooks and got alarmed even if the baby sneezed or burped. Kabir , in contrast, was fantastic and calm his previous experience with Rehaan leaving him a virtual expert. He handled his baby daughter like a pro, hushing her anguished cries with a softly sung song and expertly rocking her to sleep. His easy confidence both reassured Zara and made her feel that their daughter was fine and everything was just perfect.
"Maybe we should put her in the crib," Zara said "even you are tired Kabir"
Their moment was interrupted by the knocking on then door. Zara opened the door and the duo barged inside
"Zara , Kabir we have a surprise for you and baby Sam "said Imran
"Sam ??Asked Kabir raising an eyebrow
"She is a girl said Zara laughing at Imran's nickname
"What surprise ?"asked Kabir getting up carefully with Samaira
"Bhai the surprise is for you to see not hear"said Alina
"Cmon Bhabhi "She said pulling Zara.
"Give her to me " , and come with us"said Imran taking the baby from Kabir .
"Okay so close your eyes"said Alina stopping at the door of a room a few rooms away from Kabir and Zara's.
"Now open your eyes"said Imran
"Oh my god "gasped Zara looking around the room
Kabir was also taken aback by the decor of the room. It was a nursery for baby Samaira.
The nursery was like a fairytale. Painted butterflies danced over purple-and-pink flowers and a magnificent rainbow spanned the cloud smeared sky. The crib with its painted, smiling fairies stood beside the window.
"Did you guys do all of this?"asked Zara her eyes brimming with tears
"Yes my dear bhabhi, and no crying today it's a happy occasion for us "said Alina
"It was Ayesha aunty's idea but we all helped equally "said Imran
"I am sure Samaira is gonna love this room and her uncles and aunt as well"said Kabir hugging Imran and Alina.
"Let's put her down and see if she likes her crib"said Alina
"Good idea "said Kabir
Zara took the baby from Imran and placed her in the crib. All the others surrounded the crib from all sides . As if on cue the baby opened its eyes and smiled at her family her eyes fluttering slightly due to sleep.
"She likes it "said Kabir
"Had to after all who did all of this "said Imran quite proudly .
Where is baby ?"demanded Rehaan standing excitedly at the door. Rehaan was unusually clean and tidy for this time of day, not bearing the trademarks smears of dust and mud that normally characterized his clothes. He was taking his duties as a big brother seriously for his grandmother had told him that he couldn't see the baby if he wasn't clean enough.
"She is here do you want to see her?"Zara smiled and asked her son
"Yes "said Rehaan shouting.
"Sshhh, not so loud Rehaan "said Alina shutting his mouth
"I think we should leave and give these four some time alone "said Imran
"Yeah, see you soon princess said Alina slowing patting her cheeks.
"Come Rehaan "said Kabir going towards him while Zara picked up the baby and came towards them .
Do you want to hold your sister?" Zara asked, shifting Samaira's weight in her arms as she knelt down carefully beside Rehaan.
"Yes, please," Rehaan replied practically brimming with excitement.
"Come there on the couch then you can hold her"said Kabir as he led his son to the couch in the corner of the room.
Rehaan sat on the couch watched his mother whisper to the baby and smile. Zara rubbed her fingertips down the baby's cheek. He was slightly jealous; he wasn't sure how he felt about his mother giving so much attention to his sister.
"I'm ready." He said
"Remember to put your hand under her head," said Kabir instructing Rehaan .
Zara gently passed the baby to her son. Kabir and Zara watched Rehaan for a moment, taking in the scene of big brother.
"Rehaan see how you hold Samaira so carefully?" Kabir asked kneeling in front of his son. Rehaan nodded. "You must always protect your little sister and be gentle like now."
"But why?" Rehaan asked.
"Because she is your sister. Your job is to keep her safe, protect her from monsters and dragons!" Kabir said goofily. Rehaan pursed his lips together and smiled at his father.
Rehaan then turned and stared at the baby in his arms.Kabir glanced over at Zara who seemed to be totally enchanted with the scene. He thought for a moment how lucky they were, their two children were the most important accomplishments of their lives. Their family was happy . Everything was just as perfect as it could be . Zara looked at Kabir and saw his smile. She stood up outstretched her hand for him to take, and together they watched their children.
"Ammi ?"
"Mmm?"
"I love her already." Rehaan said as he looked down at his sister. "Samaira we are going to have great fun together u me and Amaan bhai , Imran Chachu all of us," He said softly. He bent his head down to gently kiss his sister on the forehead. Zara felt Kabir squeeze her hand, before he placed a kiss on his wife's forehead. He whispered that he loved her and she returned it. Their eyes drew back towards their little family before them, and in the moment all was well, all was content.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deeps098 thumbnail
That was so cute! Do write more stories 🤗
aqua.m7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail