Pearl V Puri: I believe naagins exist, just like God does

emptyhand20 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/pearl-v-puri-i-believe-naagins-exist-just-like-god-does/19633164

As Naagin 3 rakes in the TRPs, Pearl V Puri says his conviction in the series stems from his faith in the supernatural

Pearl V Puri

Collaborating with TV czarina Ekta Kapoor was on lead actor Pearl V Puri's wish list ever since he set foot in the telly industry. Seven years and a string of popular shows - including Badtameez Dil, Meri Saasu Maa, and Naagarjuna Ek Yodha - later, the actor finds himself headlining the cast of Kapoor's much sought-after show, Naagin 3.

"Ekta ma'am's understanding of content is unparalleled. It's a privilege to be part of her show," says Puri, who essays the role of Maahir in the fantasy series that also features Surbhi Jyoti, Anita Hassanandani and Karishma Tanna.

Though comparisons with Arjun Bijlani and Karanvir Bohra - who led the first and second season respectively are inevitable, the actor doesn't feel the pressure. "Karanvir and Arjun gave their best in the show. The only thing I can do is live up to the audience's expectations by giving my 100 per cent."

Puri goes on to say that his conviction in the fantasy show stems from his belief in the supernatural. "I've not seen a naagin in real life. But, I have experienced paranormal activities as a child. When I was seven, I sensed ghosts around me. Everything exists, it's all about what you believe in. I believe naagins exist. If one believes there is God, then there must be a devil too."

If on one hand, the show has topped the TRP charts, on the other hand, it has also seen more than its fair share of detractors. Naysayers have often ridiculed the shape-shifting serpents' drama, terming it regressive and ludicrous.

However, the actor believes Naagin 3 shines on all counts right from high production values to its storyline. "Naagin is gripping and convincing in its storytelling. It can well be compared to international shows. It's on par with say, a Game Of Thrones."

Edited by emptyhand20 - 5 years ago