Brainbox1999 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys, my name's Fatiha and I'm kind of a backseat reader of all the goings on of the forum on ISA. I absolutely love the show and I just think Adnan and Eisha are amazing actors. So, I wrote this oneshot literally after watching yesterday's episode because I was so moved by it that I couldn't control myself. I dunno why but I had a feeling something was going to happen to Zara so I just penned down everything I was feeling and hoping for (LOL, THAT SOUNDS SO DEEP). I dunno how to speak Hindi very well as I'm Bengali myself so I just wrote it in English, with only certain words in Hindi. So pls do give it a read, I know it's not the best but I haven't written anything in SOOO long. Hope you like it! Pls do leave your thoughts and suggestions for any other oneshots. Take care all, F x

Heartbeat:
noun
     the pulsation of the heart.
     a single pulsation of the heart.
     an animating or vital unifying force.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Kabeer Shehbaz Ahmed looked up at the monitor that beeping faintly, looking at his wife that lay almost lifeless, sprawled out in the hospital bed. Too shocked to react, he just sat there staring at his wife. Zara Kabeer Ahmed. The woman who had managed to capture him mind, body and soul. The very woman who (apart from his mother) taught him how to love, how to smile, how to live. Yes he was living before he met her but meeting her brought him ALIVE. This same woman was the one who he accused of all sorts, who he had broken. She looked so frail and weak, nothing like the Zara he knew, but a mere shell of the woman he married. Memories of the times he had spent with her flashed in front of him. Their first meeting. Their Nikaah. Their constant bickering. FAARZ. MOHABBAT. TALAAQ. The beautiful moments they had spent together, in each other's arms. Beautiful, all up until THAT moment when his life came to a standstill.

*FLASHBACK* 

As they drove through the long roads, Kabeer stared at his wife in awe as he watched her drive the scooty. These were the moments he wanted forever, with Zara , smiling. He just wanted a life with no complications, just with HER. Was that too much to ask? He had given in to her demand of spending every moment with her, who was he to refuse his loving wife? He knew something had been bothering her the last few days, and he was dying to find out what was worrying his precious wife so much.

Later, when they checked into the hotel near the dhaba, he had asked her what making her so anxious.

"Kabeer, it's nothing"  she said while her eyes remained fixed in the floor. Not buying her lie one bit, he asked again, with more urgency

"Kabeer, it's ..." she started but couldn't find the words

"Zara, you can tell me anything. It's me, Kabeer" he reassured her.

Miraj's words flashed into her head. No. She couldn't tell anyone about him, not anyone at all. Even Kabeer, who she loved more than life itself.

"Kabeer, I'm scared" she told him, which wasn't a COMPLETE lie

"Of what Zara?" he pressed

"Scared of what's going to happen after these next few days. I'm scared because I'm falling in love with you again!" she whispered, but he had heard it loud and clear

"Zara .. he tried to say but she cut him off, as always

"No Kabeer, I know I asked you to make these last few days special but everyday I find myself falling harder and faster in love with you. And I can't do that Kabeer. We're going to have to learn how to live without each other" she confessed, as a few tears slipped down her cheeks.

She made no attempt to hide them, here she was, laying her heart bare in front of her husband. She wanted to tell him everything but she stopped herself, knowing her words could have repercussions with Miraj. She closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath, as she prepared to leave the room, already feeling like there was no point to the conversation, she wouldn't know how to carry on.

"What if I don't want to learn how to live without you" he said as he grabbed her by the hand

It felt like an eternity when she finally turned to face him

"W...what?" she whispered, frowning at him

"Zara, I can't live without you. I don't want to think about my life without you" he said slowly as he pulled her closer to him

"But Kabeer this divorce, was your idea. You said we clash, our ideals.." she started but was soon interrupted

"Screw our ideals! And screw this divorce! Who cares? I certainly don't. Zara the whole reason I said all that bulls*** was because of Abbu and Miraj!" he roared

"W..what?" she said, frowning even harder

"Zara, it was THEM that put all of this into my head. That our ideals are too different. That my wife should remain my wife, by keeping quiet on matters that draw too much attention!" he cried out in frustration

"But Kabeer, why did you go along with it, why did you believe THEM? Are you a puppet?" she shrieked

"Because Zara, they were telling me to choose between you and my dream. They said that I couldn't achieve anything if my wife was always the one to call the shots, to argue with me on everything. Miraj said he wouldn't invest if he didn't see potential" he admitted, broken

Zara knew of Miraj's true intentions for convincing Kabeer to divorce her. The thought of him made her sick to her stomach.

"So you chose your dream" she whispered, barely audible

"That's not true. Well, at first I thought I did. But now I realise..." he said vehemently

"Realise what Kabeer?" she asked him

"That my dreams and life are meaningless without you! Zara ... I love you" he whispered as he looked directly in her eyes.

Her features softened as she looked at him with a smile.

Kabeer took her face, carefully, in between his hands. He slowly moved his fingers to move her fringe away from her eyes. He moved in slowly so that their noses were touching. And slowly he let his lips caress hers, in a soft kiss.

The two spent the whole night making new promises, while whispering incoherent apologies and sweet nothings into one another's ears as they gave in to their physical and emotional longing for one another.

The two of them decided the next morning to go home, so that they could figure out how to go forward in their relationship. It was safe to say that the second TALAAQ was out of the question but they still had a lot to talk through.

They had stopped driving to take a short break, near the road. Kabeer went to fetch some drinks leaving Zara, assuring her he would be just a few feet away.

What Kabeer didn't notice as he walked away smiling was the flash of headlights behind him.

"KABEEER!

he heard her scream as she pushed him out of the way of the car. It took him seconds to register what had happened. He felt everything stop and he saw his wife being thrown by such an animating force that he was he was rendered speechless.

"ZARAAA! he felt the scream rip through his throat as the air was knocked out of his lungs.

He ran to his wife to see her clothes splattered with her blood.

"ZARA, ZARA ARE YOU OKAY? ZARA, LOOK AT ME!" he shook her, already aware she wasn't going to respond.

"ZARA, OPEN YOUR EYES. DON'T LEAVE ME, YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!" he roared.

*PRESENT*

That's how Kabeer Shehbaz Ahmed ended up sat, holding his wife's hand. Staring at her, while the monitor beeped faintly. He closed his eyes for a a few seconds while taking in a long shaky breath. And that's when the tears started flowing down his eyes, as he stroked his wife's hand. His chest heaved with heart wrenching sobs and he fell to the ground in somewhat defeat.

He knew that he couldn't live without her, his reason to live. His heartbeat.

Edited by Brainbox1999 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ananhita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was amazing!!! lovely, I hope it doesn't have to come to this in the show for Kabeer to realize his love for Zara!
...Seema... thumbnail
Amazing os
Great write up
Houstonmom thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amazing story! You are a really talented writer.
Could clearly imagine the story with the love ,pain ,and fear .The emotional words literally jumped off the page. Awesome job 👏 !
Would love to read more . Thank you so much for sharing 😊
neverlandspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant plot and story! 
I truly enjoyed reading this! 
Kudos to you

aqua.m7 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I cried! I actually cried!
When kabeer said those dreams were meaningless with her

I want to see something like this in the show, we ALL DO! and the way you penned it down has made we want to wish that this happens.
The reasons he gave made sense, i really hope this happens!

And sweetie this was incredible! You tugged at our heart strings woth every word! Bravo!! Keep writing!!!!👏👏👏
Brainbox1999 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aqua.m7

I cried! I actually cried!

When kabeer said those dreams were meaningless with her

I want to see something like this in the show, we ALL DO! and the way you penned it down has made we want to wish that this happens.
The reasons he gave made sense, i really hope this happens!

And sweetie this was incredible! You tugged at our heart strings woth every word! Bravo!! Keep writing!!!!👏👏👏

THANK YOU!!!  😃
Brainbox1999 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Houstonmom

Amazing story! You are a really talented writer.
Could clearly imagine the story with the love ,pain ,and fear .The emotional words literally jumped off the page. Awesome job 👏 !
Would love to read more . Thank you so much for sharing 😊

Ah, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!