Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Justmoi

I am sorry he has cancer, but ranting about hollistic treatment and against chemo, sorry.

Also all the thing about avoiding processed food, eating healthy, seasonally and exercising, "doing right thing", also does not work for everyone.

My family has walked through it. My family member was middle aged when they were diagnosed. It came out of the blue. The thing is we always went to the doctor from a young age for regular checkups and during one of those tests they say you must take at a particular age, the diagnosis was done. But it was an early stage. So it was curable vs treatable.

I will not lie about chemo. Cancer will kill you from inside, but outside people look healthy. Chemo and radiation on the other hand, OMG take a toll. From hair loss to weight loss to loss of appetite, independence, even dignity. It is horrific. But my FM also worked through that. I have seen men and women at the chemo center come in during lunch for a lesson in business attire driving themselves. It has become tragically routine. But you do come out at the end. My FM survived by the grace of God , went back to work and we are back to our normal lives as our family. A grateful family, closer and more loving than before.

IDK about holistic cures but I do know chemo and radiation works. Testing works. Awareness works. I am thankful for science and the wonderful and kind doctors and nurses who make a difference when a family and a patient walk this path.

Be thankful for health and never take life for granted. Also medical science works. I will stand behind that 100% because my family walked through that. My FM will not be here without chemo and radiation so I am thankful. I will not absolutely take a risk with any of my FM's life with unproven treatment and not just anecdotal.

@bold : my point is that be as close to healthy food as possible...find out what is convenient and the most healthy option... of course having junk once in a while is okay, as we all crave for it... but try to avoid if possible n not required... like nowadays the advertisements market packaged food as healthy... those packaged soups have 3 times more sodium, which we need in a day, so imagine how much you are risking your kidney if you have such soups on a daily basis, thinking they are healthy...by the time you realize, it might be too late (have seen an example where a 19 years old girl had to go for kidney transplant) Same it is for ready made bhuna masala...ready made palak paneer, ready made chole etc etc... while all these recipes are easy to cook at home...people buy these stuff cause it saves time... but to make it last longer, they add preservatives which can be harmful in the long term

@red : this is exactly, why my first point makes sense... life and health is precious, don't it for granted
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
He should have worded it out correctly in the first place.
Must have been in for rude shock with all the "get well & stay strong" msgs...
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mascarpone

He doesn't have Cancer but is advocating holistic approach for some reason. If I cared I would check his twitter as to why but then I don't so yeah.

WTH ? Idiot needs to shut up.
Justmoi thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackPanther7

Is Chemo therapy painful?

Edited answer...

Edited by Justmoi - 6 years ago
Justmoi thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjs

@bold : my point is that be as close to healthy food as possible...find out what is convenient and the most healthy option... of course having junk once in a while is okay, as we all crave for it... but try to avoid if possible n not required... like nowadays the advertisements market packaged food as healthy... those packaged soups have 3 times more sodium, which we need in a day, so imagine how much you are risking your kidney if you have such soups on a daily basis, thinking they are healthy...by the time you realize, it might be too late (have seen an example where a 19 years old girl had to go for kidney transplant) Same it is for ready made bhuna masala...ready made palak paneer, ready made chole etc etc... while all these recipes are easy to cook at home...people buy these stuff cause it saves time... but to make it last longer, they add preservatives which can be harmful in the long term

@red : this is exactly, why my first point makes sense... life and health is precious, don't it for granted

I agree but I have also met women in their 20s who chose to freeze their eggs and have their breasts and uterus taken out because their family had the breast cancer gene. Cancer can be genetic. Angelina Jolie is someone who has done this.

I want to emphasize instead, going to the doctor. Learning how to do breast exams, have a doctor do regular prostrate exams, knowing your family medical history, learning to know your body intimately. that any change is noticeable. In the US there are a set of tests like mammograms, colonoscopy that is recommended for certain ages. Take it. Recognize that no one is immune to this disease even if you live a healthy life. Luck of the draw. But it is curable if caught at an early stage.
Edited by Justmoi - 6 years ago