Meeting her parents for the 1st time. Any pointers?

cannyace thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

My girlfriend is amazing; she's caring, very supportive, and helped me worked out my issues with my estranged father. Due to the way she was raised, she has really strong family values and loves her family dearly and has been talking about introducing me to her parents. I know I should give it a chance, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea yet.

Well, regardless of how I feel, she entered a win free tour contest at work and wouldn't you know it, her name was actually drawn from the raffle. Why is this a problem you ask? Well, the tour includes her hometown, which means we're stopping by her parents' house for a visit. Since I can't get out of it now, what are some ways I can set a good first impression? Her family means the world to her and I don't want to disappoint her or make a fool out of myself neither. Please help.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ajeebhotum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey meeting your SO's family for the first time is always going to be nerve racking even if you wait for a longer amount of time! Since you can't get out of it, try to go into it with a positive outlook.

If she has siblings, try to talk to them and engage them in some conversations. As far as parens go, if you don't know what they do, ask her about them and try to connect them that way. Make sure you're not super quiet and actually take interest in the conversation

Good luck :)