Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.

Deepika was unbelievably gorgeous,,,,,when I saw her for the first time my jaw dropped...how can anyone be so beautiful..😲

This song❀️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Gmhk90JOE[/YOUTUBE]

I know !
The lyrics are MADE FOR HER! 
bollywoodfanlol thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
who hasn't heheh 
if deepika was given half the support these star kids are given she would have done many more great roles!!
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
OSO was a dream debut. Farah n SRK presented Deepika very well. Did full justice to her beauty πŸ˜³
Dan.17 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well who won't deepika looked liked a dream in that film. No other actress got so much popularity from her debut film. I became her fan since then only, she looked super pretty and beautiful, with that sindoor dialog becoming huge rage
Dan.17 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollywoodfanlol

who hasn't heheh 

if deepika was given half the support these star kids are given she would have done many more great roles!!

I think she was given lot of chances. Most of her film flopped post oso and her acting was panned in all up until cocktail happened. But she was offered a lot of movies. I think keeping aside alia being an exceptional case no star kids is offered such great movies and roles on platter. They all have done bad movies
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Before the movie release, I wondered how well could a newcomer play a superstar while SRK on the same screen plays a junior artist. But then Main agar kahoon and Ajab si released and all the doubts went into the drain. πŸ˜† She was gorgeous. 
maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Deepika has given spectacular performancesss...OSO was one of them..
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollywoodfanlol

who hasn't heheh 

Honestly I feel like Deepika got the star kid treatment despite being an outsider. During the 2013 actress roundtable she said she never auditioned and by then she had shot 17 movies. She's even said in another interview that Farah didn't screen test her. Kangana was also at the round table and you could see how much more challenging it was for her.  If DP didn't get good movies it was because she was choosing the wrong scripts.  
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tasbah

Honestly I feel like Deepika got the star kid treatment despite being an outsider. During the 2013 actress roundtable she said she never auditioned and by then she had shot 17 movies. She's even said in another interview that Farah didn't screen test her. Kangana was also at the round table and you could see how much more challenging it was for her.  If DP didn't get good movies it was because she was choosing the wrong scripts.  

Equating Deepika with a starkid because she didnt audition for OSO is bs. Was there a line of producers waiting to sign her because of who she was related to? Any famous industry people hyping her because they were family friends? Who did she have to support her when she had flops? Yes she was fortunate that she got an amazing debut but that doesnt mean she didnt struggle. Equating her with starkids who get everything on a platter is discrediting her hardworking and talent. Deepika actually has the least support- she wasn't in any camp, not related to an industry person, not given films because she is close to a superstar, no contracts with YRF or dharma. After OSO she was all on her own and she had to prove her talent to for good work. She wasn't getting great scripts and offers because she was a product of nepotism. 
Edited by IHeartDeepika. - 5 years ago
Tasbah thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IHeartDeepika.

Equating Deepika with a starkid because she didnt audition for OSO is bs. Was there a line of producers waiting to sign her because of who she was related to? Any famous industry people hyping her because they were family friends? Who did she have to support her when she had flops? Yes she was fortunate that she got an amazing debut but that doesnt mean she didnt struggle. Equating her with starkids who get everything on a platter is discrediting her hardworking and talent. Deepika actually has the least support- she wasn't in any camp, not related to an industry person, not given films because she is close to a superstar, no contracts with YRF or dharma. After OSO she was all on her own and she had to prove her talent to for good work. She wasn't getting great scripts and offers because she was a product of nepotism. 

It's not because Farah didn't screen test her. It's because she's never had to audition for a BW movie. I don't think any other outsider has been that fortunate. She had an amazing debut and then people started sending her scripts and she's said she's never had to approach anyone for a movie. They always approached her. And she networked and got movies because of friends like Ayaan and Rohit Dhawan. I'm not discrediting her hardwork or talent because obviously that's why she got recognised in the first place. She was a great model (Model of the year) which got her the attention of Salman and Imtiaz which is what made her consider acting as a career. And her hardwork is why she persevered through the flop phase and improved her craft. When she came into the industry women were mainly playing flowerpot roles and I think the men would get the credit/blame which might have safeguarded her through the flop phase. I think the only time the flop phase affected her was when she lost Dhoom 3 but that was because of an actor. The producer wanted her despite the flops. Also I was taking a break from BW back then so I don't know how numbers obsessed the industry was but I think things were different. So I guess it's a unique situation. But I just feel that as far as opportunities go she was on par with Sonam the star kid who debuted on the same day.  I can't imagine in today's time an outsider getting offers after having the kind of flop phase that DP had. 

As for them hyping her up because of relatives, Arjun Kapoor said before her debut that they would say she's Prakash Padukone's daughter. Not saying that got her work because it obviously didn't but I just love that people love Papa Padukone πŸ˜†