Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Bazigar

In India there is no proper awareness , statistics and health care facility . Even i lost someone , its traumatic and difficult to get over from sudden loss.

I know ...it's just pure luck if one can find a good selfless doctor who can advise you without caring for money which was the case with my brother in law and luckily he survived and we can't thank enough to the doctors who treated him .

But then the case with my uncle was completely opposite , he went to hospital with his own 2 feet without even knowing he had cancer and only came back in a body bag ..all cut out and stitched and stapled ...it was a nightmare for the people who saw him while preparing him for his last rites and they still are not over it .
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
I just googled stages of cancer and it said 4th is the last one😔 I don't know what to say tbh. Why wasn't she diagnosed before if the cancer was so extreme😕
Mannikarnikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

I just googled stages of cancer and it said 4th is the last one😔 I don't know what to say tbh. Why wasn't she diagnosed before if the cancer was so extreme😕

in many cases, the cancer doesn't even show symptoms, so i don't think who has gotten the time to go for checkups if you r healthy its only the symptoms that follow which make people visit the doctor and...

it happens with not just cancer but many deadly diseases
454573 thumbnail
We can remain fit, we can exercise, we can take vitamins, we can avoid all sorts of things to remain cancer free and it can still happen.

So should we stop doing all that?

Leave it to luck? Just because it can happen to anyone. Even the fittest.

This is a tough question to answer.

Is it worth doing all the effort on yourself knowing its not in your control?

How should we go about it?

Should we take stress?

Himmos suggestion is that

1. Do your best to remain fit
2. Get annual checkups.
3. Do not hesitate to get checked up

Do all that and then relax and leave it to luck and God.

You tried your best..

Fear that it can happen even if you try your best should not hold you from trying. But if it happens then be it. Everyone has to go...some few years earlier ..some few years later.

Wish her all the best..hope it is a cancer of a site which can be managed,
Mannikarnikaa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
all the actors in bollywood smoke...actresses smoke too...but i haven't heard any male actor who has never been into smoking or quit it successfully..not just addiction but smoking is very much related to 'masculinity' which men considers important. hence smoking is important in lifestyle. coming to women yes its an addiction, but men's addiction seems worse...yet we hear women more falling into cancer's prey.
I don't believe in God. why should someone pray if one has to die with so much of suffering. You can wish the speediest recovery that's all.
maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
oh...this is so sad...hope she recovers and get well soon...Om Namh Shivaay..
Deviant_Pixel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Nova19

Metastasized means it has spread somewhere away from where it started. Different cancers are staged differently but in most cases metastases make the cancer stage 4. High grade means the cells look (to a pathologist under a microscope or by gene analysis, protein expression, etc) very abnormal whereas low grade would "look closer to the normal cells. Generally high grade is expected to be more aggressive but this isn't always true. Without knowing what specific kind of cancer it is (where it started in her body) it's hard to say how bad the prognosis is.

Edit: Ponymo is a super fast poster! May I just emphasize that we are talking in generalities and most common cancers when we are assuming stage 4. For example, metastatic thyroid cancer could be as low as stage 2. I fear the worst ... but am hopeful it isn't.

Yeah I have thyroid nodules (growths) and the doc doesn't even care much. He just makes me scan my thyroid every 6 months and if they ever grow above 1 cm, then biopsy. But he told me people can live long lives with thyroid cancer even when it spreads to say lungs , due to it being slow growing. Ofcourse there are exceptions. This is very very common in women.

Cancer is one disease that humans have a long way to go in curing because it's adaptabile , resilient and devious. There is no one treatment for it and what works for one doesn't for another.
Tiger-Zinda-Hai thumbnail
4th stage :(

Hope she recovers
454573 thumbnail
I have sen 80 year old chain smokers with fine working lungs.
This is not that simple...

You can be smoke free, alcohol free and u can still get cancer

There is role of genetic tendency as well

There is element of randomness as well

Yes YOU CAN DECREASE YOUR CHANCES of those genes getting haywire due to bad effect of smoking and alcohol but they can go haywire on their own as well.

In the end you are in a situation which you CANNOT CONTROL

Your role is there but not complete

When u do not have complete role then YOU CANNOT FRET OVER THIS

If it is going to happen then it can happen with all ur efforts and planning

This is why we should not take stress also

A balance life is needed

Where we

- remain fit
- annual check ups
- see doc if needed
- relax
- dont think about it much

I am giving an approach...
454573 thumbnail
@God

My personal view is

- there is definitely a God. I dont think all this started randomly...some big bang occured and the carbon oxygen came and rocks were formed and then life originated from simple cells and gradually shaped into full species.

if you pick brain and analyze it and see all the networking..if you see structure of eye...if you see arteries connecting different organs...just look at human body..forget universe. if this is not design then i dont know what is. the idea that this is randomness and there is no creator is a farce of highest kind.

there cannot be randomness behind non-randomness

intelligence cannot come from non-intelligence

- Now that we have established God. I dont think God controls everything...i think God created it and left it to us and randomness. We along with our luck (randomness) shape our lives. If God were to control all the happiness, misery and sadness.. then concept of judgement does not make sense

So yes there is misery

Yes good people suffer

Yes there is famine and killings

Yes someone can run over

I just think it is left to luck and ur own ...

God is not controlling it.

- This is same with cancer..its a mix bag of your efforts and luck

There is a genetic machine working in all of us. It is making new cells every seconds...that machine can get detract sue to influences like smoking, alcohol, paan...viruses.

But sometimes the machine itself randomly goes haywire

This is why all we can do is try our best and not fret over it.

Someone worrying about cancer should not take stress and loses his mind and falls on street only to get run over b a car or suffer heart attack

we need to be balanced...and then leave it to luck