Girls sell their body for 30 bucks: Mrunal Thakur

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Actress Mrunal thakur(Kumkum Bhagya fame) who is making her debut with hollywood Indie Flick Love sonia (and Hrithik's Super 30)  opens up about her new flick and more

Directed by Tabrez Noorani, Love Sonia is a hard-hitting film inspired by true events. This is the story of a young Indian village girl, Sonia. Her life changes irrevocably when she is entrapped in the global sex trade while trying to save her beloved sister Preet

.Tell us what you did to prepare and become Sonia

We did extensive workshops! It actually was not much script reading just study the body language. We would hang out with the girls that are the real victims.

That must have been devastating to meet them and see

It was, it was! There are a lot of boy friends who take these girls on vacation and then they just sell them off. You know, these are the stories I got to know when we went for research in Calcutta in a red light area called Sonagachi. There were a lot of girls there from 13 on, so many young girls. There was a 16-17 year old girl who had two kids! It was terrible. Imagine a 16 to 18-year-old girl having 2 children.

And not children of their choice

When I asked them what is the money that they get? It is less than one-pound Indian currency; it is as good as 1 dollar. I felt very bad for the women out there in that red light district all they needed was love and someone to tell them that they are worthy, but everybody makes them feel like they are not even worth a penny.   That's the kind of life they're living that traumatic life.

It was a battle to cope with the fact of all that these girls go through. It was very sad. I remember my BP dropped when I returned back to my hotel. I was so thankful to God that we have a great life, a great family, great friends and all of the amenities that we want. These girls for 30 bucks, 1 pound a day they have to trade their body. It is quite something.

Stacey, you will not believe it, children staying in the red light area be it a two and half-year-old kid they know what sex is about. They know everything. They mature before their age. WHY?!? Did you know that there are so many sex workers that children do not get admitted into schools because their mom is a prostitute. These are the stories I heard.

Edited by desiking3 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

There were three scenes, which were very difficult for me. One was in Hong Kong where it is the first time Sonia gets sold and she is being raped by a man who is 65 years old. He is as good as her grandfather.

Oh My God! How did you get through that?

I don't know how I did it! So imagine your 16-year-old child doesn't know what sex means and that girl is being sold to man who, what do I say, for his personal fetish needs, buys a young girl, a virgin girl and he rapes her. It is terrible. That was one scene, which was very difficult for me.   Of course it was very suggestive, nothing bad has been shown but again to go through that, to be there and just being touched by that old man. It gave me goosebumps. I just broke down on set I just broke down! It was Tabrez, Lukasz (Bielan cinematographer), David Womark my producer and my makeup person Virginia, they were like 4 pillars sitting right across from me. I remember staring at the ceiling, lying on the bed and I was just crying, tears were rolling down. Tabrez said just give one shot. That is when he said, Mrunal you are my Meryl. That made me so happy! He really made my day.  It actually really was so quick that I didn't really realize it was being filmed. It was very difficult to shoot that scene in Hong Kong.

Dis girl too ugly how can she become Bollywood actress chee
30 bucks? Where? What is she smoking. ðŸ˜†
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
India's largest red-light district, it was started by British East India Company as British soldiers' wives were in England. The East India Company used to bring local widows to the area for sex work.[1] Sonagachi is located in Kolkata, India.[2] Its area contains several hundred multi-story brothels and an estimated 11,000 sex workers (2012).[3][4] Sonagachi is located in North Kolkata near the intersection of Chittaranjan Avenue and Shobhabazar with Beadon Street, about one kilometer north of Kolkata's Marble Palace area.

Etymology

There are some legends that this area was owned by Dwarkanath Tagore, he and some local zamindars are said to have started a brothel business.

FeminEra thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
30 rs ?? no way ðŸ˜• 
I've no idea about current rate but in early 2000 the rate was something like this for hourly basis
500 -1000 for age below 25 
anyone above 25 is used maal (not my words) so starts from 100-150

Originally posted by: _Khaleesi_

30 rs ?? no way ðŸ˜• 

I've no idea about current rate but in early 2000 the rate was something like this for hourly basis
500 -1000 for age below 25 
anyone above 25 is used maal (not my words) so starts from 100-150

More like 5000 rupees for starters. There's no 16 year olds being sold in Sonagachi either. Not saying these aren't real issues but this lady doesn't have her facts right. 
Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think you are talking about different markets, Boss. I know for a fact, street prostitutes (drug addicted, but still) in Texas give BJs for the equivalent of less than 600 rupees. I don't think she is talking about upscale call girls.  Edited by Nova19 - 5 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
She meant the cut these girls get is something as less than a pound a day as everything else is taken by the pimps and madams. And she is true about teen girls being kidnapped to satiate the perversion of tharki uncles. Let's not try to make Sonagachi as a place where 100% of the prostitutes were willing participants.
Mrunal just said what she gathered as an information and most of them are correct.
But the main shit stirrer is you know the TM and his usual India sucks rants, manipulation of headlines to paint current BJP led India in bad manner even if it is false and so on is his it thing😆, because he thinks Modi invented rape as during before Modi became PM, people didn't had penis nor vagina.
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
what's wrong with people on this thread? no empathy.