arshi_asya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello forumwasis,
This is my first post in this forum & I have been quite active on other forums though.
I wasn't planning to watch this show after watching the initial trailers but a glimpse of episode forced me to watch this one. And I was amazed at how accurately the makers have shown different characters, each one showing exactly kind of people this society has with utmost perfection. The show is on a very sensitive topic for Indians & one needs to watch it with open-mind to understand the essence of the story. There are times in life when no one can be blamed if something goes wrong. You just have to accept it for what it is & move on.

I want this show to be different than what TV has served us so far. I want it to be realistic in its take on relationships & that too on complex relationships like the one portrayed here & one it is set to explore in future.

I want to see how seemingly perfect marriages fall apart. I want to see how two people so much in love in a marriage at one point lead to a point where they can't be together as husband-wife anymore. They will be together like friends but not as a couple. I want to see how this entangled life of Kunal-Mauli-Nandini turns out to be. I want to see lot more things like-
1. How Kunal is pushed towards Nandini even when he would never want that to happen.
2. How Mauli-Nandini will turn out when that happens. Even after so many years of differences, they have never forgotten each other not even for a moment.
3. How would Mauli react & deal with such a situation. (I honestly don't want typical TV drama here. I want sensible portrayal of Mauli. I want to see how women of her position will act in such a situation).
4. Also how would Kunal's mother react in this situation. She too is a woman of substance in the show.
5. How would Nandini deal with the entire situation given the fact that Mauli is her best friend & knight in the shining armor & she can't & should not even consider going back to Rajdeep again once she gets rid of that man. (Going back to Rajdeep will be too cliched).
6. How Nandini makes up a life for herself with the amazing talents she has already.

As far as how & why Nandini might develop feelings for Kunal, so here, is my take on that-
Nandini-Rajdeep & Kunal
Rajdeep-Nandini are the extreme but real case. Such a marriage was seen last time in Saubhagyavati Bhava. So, it's pretty evident that Nandini sooner or later will have to break her silence & get out of this marriage. And the courage to do so will come from Mauli & Kunal together. While Mauli will be a shield of Nandini against Rajdeep. Kunal will be shield to both of these ladies against Rajdeep.
For Nandini, Kunal will be everything Rajdeep never was. Initially, Nandini will have immense respect for Kunal for saving her from Rajdeep even though he didn't have to do it & there is no relation of Nandini & Kunal except for that related to Mauli. And Nandini will try her best to repay Kunal's favors on her in her own way by taking care of him purely out of respect & nothing more. But gradually her respect will develop into something deep for Kunal. It might be easy for Nandini to develop those feelings for Kunal given the fact that her feelings were never even considered in Rajdeep's home & Kunal will be keeping her wishes at the top & even consider her as an equal, something Rajdeep never did.
Nandini falling for Kunal might not come as a surprise to many. She would not want to fall for Kunal but she will fall for his goodness & greatness. She would never want to hurt Mauli but she won't be able to help it. Because as the saying goes- Heart wants what it wants.

Kunal-Mauli & Nandini. (It's the mosre twisted case)
Kunal is very much in love with Mauli & Mauli loves him as well. The feelings they have for each other are pretty evident with their beautiful chemistry they have on screen. Even though Mauli is not hardcore romantic, she loves Kunal very much in her own way where she is willing to do anything just to fulfill Kunal's dreams. Even, Kunal loves Mauli to the core despite all the differences they have at times.
When Nandini comes into their lives, Kunal will have both sympathy & empathy for Nandini. And since she is Mauli's friend & Mauli is too much bothered by Nandini's state, he will be all the more involved in Nandini's case for the sake of Mauli & humanity as well. He will be involved in Nandini's case on 2 levels- on level of responsible & sensible human being and also on the level of Mauli's friendship with Nandini.
He will encourage Nandini to start a new life after rescuing her from her pathetic marriage. I am actually waiting to see how Kunal's sympathy for Nandini leads to something deep in his heart for Nandini. Because for normal viewers, this guy has the perfect wife who shouldn't be betrayed & neither is Kunal that kind of guy who would upset Mauli just like that. Neither will he try to justify his feelings only because Mauli is a seemingly busy doctor. Kunal knows & understands Mauli's job & her passion for it. Besides, it might be relatively easy to accept Nandini falling for Kunal, Kunal falling for Nandini might be loathed to a great extent.

I have seen marriages which went perfectly (no violence or abuse is basically our conventional idea of perfect marriages) for 15-20 years & then the couple decide to get divorce. Not because they don't love each other anymore but because they are not in love with each other anymore. They do it mutually because they think they won't be able to be in that marriage anymore. I know it's sensitive for Indians because for us marriage is this commitment which has to go till death. Even after divorce, the couples don't have any ill-feelings for each other & they are connected on some level. I want to see the same dynamic between Mauli-Kunal-Nandini with as realistic portrayal as it can be. I simply don't want it to go typical Indian daily soap way because it will simply destroy the show & magic it possess right now.

Mauli-Kunal's chemistry is mind-blowing. While Rajdeep-Nandini spoil your mood, Kunal-Mauli are the visual treat

There ends my rant. I want to see this modern take on this show with open-mind & without any judgement. And I really hope, I get that in the future episodes as well.

I am in no way trying to justify any sort of extra-marital affair. Relationships when break hurt all those who were intimately involved in it. But sometimes, one has to choose between short-term heart-break & lifelong pain at certain points in life.

Some might not agree with my views. But that's alright. Everybody doesn't think the same way. This show is going to give us many complicated feelings, something I guess people face in real life as well. Different opinions however are most welcome.

It's a long rant but I had to lent it out anyway.
Edited by arshi_asya - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nlisa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I've actually posted a similar thread yesterday so I'm going to copy and paste it here:
I know I'm going to be a minority when I say this, but I want Kunal and Nandini together in the future.

Yes, I know he's 'happily' married. But, watching the first few episodes I find Mauli and Kunal's relatiobnsip to be very airy. Not at all deep.

They have fun together, but there's a certain intensity that I find to be missing, which I think can be present in a Kunal Nandini relationship; based on his protectiveness of her.

There have been several signs as per ITV tradition: The breaking of the picture when Kunal and Nandini meet, so I think that will be interesting to watch.

Another odd reason why I want this pairing to work in the future is that infidelity, ( I KNOW IT"S WRONG! Don't bash me for saying this...) is portrayed in only one light on ITV.

There's no show that shows people finding love outside of their marriage AND how they deal with their relationship. People do change, people do get divorces, unfortunately it's a part of life, and I want to see a show dealing with that. I want to see the show touch on things that are happening in real life.

Sometimes people get stuck in loveless marriage and they can't get out. But, I would rather have a show portraying that you can move on, and find your happiness.

Please note that I'm not saying that spouses should cheat- because that's a definite no no. Trust in a relationship would also mean if your spouse is finding themselves drawn to someone else, then they should have the courage to admit it, and respect you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you mentioned Kunal and Mauli's chemistry to be perfect. But I don't think so. I find their chemistry to be lacking. To me, Kunal and Mauli give me the feels of friends only. Friends who occasionally have sex together.

I find that intensity and passion to be missing from their relationship.

I think Kunal will be the one spending most of his time with Nandini, considering that he has no job right now. He will be the one who helps her pursue her dreams. I think he will find himself drawn to her, and he will be protective of her.

Agree with you. I definitely want to see them explore Kunal and Nandini's relationship further. There's a lot of potential with the storyline and Shaki and Drasti's chemistry together.
arshi_asya thumbnail

Originally posted by: nlisa

I've actually posted a similar thread yesterday so I'm going to copy and paste it here:

I know I'm going to be a minority when I say this, but I want Kunal and Nandini together in the future.

Yes, I know he's 'happily' married. But, watching the first few episodes I find Mauli and Kunal's relatiobnsip to be very airy. Not at all deep.

They have fun together, but there's a certain intensity that I find to be missing, which I think can be present in a Kunal Nandini relationship; based on his protectiveness of her.

There have been several signs as per ITV tradition: The breaking of the picture when Kunal and Nandini meet, so I think that will be interesting to watch.

Another odd reason why I want this pairing to work in the future is that infidelity, ( I KNOW IT"S WRONG! Don't bash me for saying this...) is portrayed in only one light on ITV.

There's no show that shows people finding love outside of their marriage AND how they deal with their relationship. People do change, people do get divorces, unfortunately it's a part of life, and I want to see a show dealing with that. I want to see the show touch on things that are happening in real life.

Sometimes people get stuck in loveless marriage and they can't get out. But, I would rather have a show portraying that you can move on, and find your happiness.

Please note that I'm not saying that spouses should cheat- because that's a definite no no. Trust in a relationship would also mean if your spouse is finding themselves drawn to someone else, then they should have the courage to admit it, and respect you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you mentioned Kunal and Mauli's chemistry to be perfect. But I don't think so. I find their chemistry to be lacking. To me, Kunal and Mauli give me the feels of friends only. Friends who occasionally have sex together.

I find that intensity and passion to be missing from their relationship.

I think Kunal will be the one spending most of his time with Nandini, considering that he has no job right now. He will be the one who helps her pursue her dreams. I think he will find himself drawn to her, and he will be protective of her.

Agree with you. I definitely want to see them explore Kunal and Nandini's relationship further. There's a lot of potential with the storyline and Shaki and Drasti's chemistry together.

In my opinion passion is too over-rated. I like relationships where there is sufficient amount of passion along with friendship. That sounds like a balanced relationship. Indian TV has habit of showing passionate relationships where friendships are less explored. Mauli-Kunal have that balance for now. They are like any other couple I see around myself. And I know such couples who have spent their whole life together like that. They have love in the form of friendship as well as passion which allows them to see things like a friend and propose solution of the problems that may arise.
Kunal-Mauli's marriage is not at all loveless. They are people very much in love. The whole idea about the show is to portray how Kunal-Nandini's feelings for each other stand justified in the long run where no on can point a finger at Mauli at present, especially Kunal's feelings for Nandini. Mauli being workaholic doesn't mean she lacks in relationship & this definitely shouldn't be the reason for break. If Kunal was looking for a wife like Nandini, he would have never married Mauli, but he did, that means, he loved her. Onus of this show is more on Kunal than on Nandini. Nandini's case is pretty justified for everyone. Kuna;'s case will have difficulty in getting in people's head.
Nandini-Rajdeep marriage is impossible to handle but marriages like that of Kunal-Mauli are pretty common in modern times. What has to be seen is what makes 2 people in such a marriage reach a realization that they can't make this marriage work together any more.
1013962 thumbnail
I like Kunal and Mouli as a couple. They are today's couple. Mauli - balancing profession and personal life. She is a nice soul - taking care of family members, Working for Kunal's dreams. She is not always vocal but in marriage you have to be silent at times.
Nandini I feel bad for what she tolerates. It will be quite obvious that she will fall for a good person. And when she will see Kunal and Mauli together she will wish to have a husband like Kunal. Natural.
Mauli is a good soul she is thinking of Nandini, but there is a saying do not put fire and butter together. She should not trust her divorced friend young and beautiful and her husband blindly and give them free hand. She will be paying for this and betrayed. That is her fate.
To move the story probably extra marital affair will be the way; Assisinate some character and show the other as victim. This will not be liked by many though some are waiting for Nandini or Kunal to happen be it at any ways. But I hope they show that there are challenges in a couple s life they get attracted but how they deal with the situation and come out. Like Kunal said - Osul is important.
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lovely post πŸ‘ Couldnt have said it any better. And welcome to the forum 😊
arshi_asya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nandini30

I like Kunal and Mouli as a couple. They are today's couple. Mauli - balancing profession and personal life. She is a nice soul - taking care of family members, Working for Kunal's dreams. She is not always vocal but in marriage you have to be silent at times.
Nandini I feel bad for what she tolerates. It will be quite obvious that she will fall for a good person. And when she will see Kunal and Mauli together she will wish to have a husband like Kunal. Natural.
Mauli is a good soul she is thinking of Nandini, but there is a saying do not put fire and butter together. She should not trust her divorced friend young and beautiful and her husband blindly and give them free hand. She will be paying for this and betrayed. That is her fate.
To move the story probably extra marital affair will be the way; Assisinate some character and show the other as victim. This will not be liked by many though some are waiting for Nandini or Kunal to happen be it at any ways. But I hope they show that there are challenges in a couple s life they get attracted but how they deal with the situation and come out. Like Kunal said - Osul is important.

Exactly.
Mouli is today's woman. The woman in her position need sensible and understanding partners to handle. Not everyone can handle woman like her. At the same time, Mauli is doing everything in her power to make this marriage work. She tries really hard to manage all the things which modern woman tries to do. Even though Mauli could be shown as selfish who only thinks about her career & that would have easily justified Kunal's later attraction for Nandini.. But no, she is shown as a balanced woman who tries to manage family, social, professional & romantic life. She in no way is selfish. Had she been selfish, she could have loathed Kunal for leaving job. She wouldn't have been working this hard only for Kunal's dream. She would have had ruined relationships with her in-laws. But nothing like that has been shown. There is nothing wrong in sorting out your life before deciding to have a child. Many people do it & it is the wise thing to do. Child in itself takes up all off your attention.
At times Mauli has guilty conscience, something very common with today's woman. There are people who try to put her down. And Kunal's feelings for Nandini only because Mauli is this workaholic will prove the negative side this society has & a long standing notion that you shouldn't trust any woman with your husband. Which is why I want to see how Kunal deals with the situation. He is a sensible, straightforward & a principled man. In no way he would want to cheat Mauli, considering she does everything for him only.

It's important to see exactly what triggers romantic feelings in Kunal for Nandini. And this trigger has to be powerful enough to shadow his hardcore feelings and love for Mauli.

KhattiMeeti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Beautiful post , would love to see your analysis in future too😊