Pooja Bhatt upset with double standards on Quantico row.

Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
Filmmaker-actress Pooja Bhatt has come out
in support of Indian actress Priyanka
Chopra, who is facing criticism over a scene
in American TV show "Quantico".
Priyanka had apologized for an episode on
the show, portraying Indian nationalists as
terrorists who were trying to frame Pakistan
in a terror plot.
"When Priyanka Chopra makes a mark for
herself internationally, we claim her
achievements as our own and then threaten
to ban her films and make her apologize for
a work of fiction that has been created by
someone else. Can we please attempt to be
larger than that?" Pooja tweeted on
Monday.
In the episode, Priyanka, who plays Alex
Parrish, is an anti-terrorist officer who plots
a nuclear attack in Manhattan to frame
Pakistan for it, just days before an India-
Pakistan summit is to be held. The episode
drew intense criticism from Indian fans.
After ABC issued an apology, Priyanka said
sorry too.
"I'm extremely saddened and sorry that
some sentiments have been hurt by a recent
episode of 'Quantico'. That was not and
would never be my intention. I sincerely
apologize. I'm a proud Indian and that will
never change," Priyanka had tweeted.
CREDITS: I.A.N.S

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/pooja-bhatt-upset-double-standards-quantico-row-415601.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
She is right...when Quantico was about to start and her posters were put up in USA all NRIs were feeling so proud on this forum. Now the same people are bashing her.
Karenina thumbnail
Indians, in general, should stop "feeling proud" or "be disappointed" whenever an Indian or person of Indian origin succeeds/makes a name for herself in America (or UK).

No other country is this obsessed with USA as India. We don't hear French people being proud of Marion Cottilard's work in Hollywood.

PC is neither representing nor making India proud. She's working in America - as anyone does. She's an actor. If PC found the cure for cancer or rare genetic disorders, well, then she'd be making India proud globally. But as it stands - she's just working in America.

Meh.
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Entertainment industry is overrated. Overobsessed ...add over any such word.
Hippopotamus160 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

Indians, in general, should stop "feeling proud" or "be disappointed" whenever an Indian or person of Indian origin succeeds/makes a name for herself in America (or UK).

No other country is this obsessed with USA as India. We don't hear French people being proud of Marion Cottilard's work in Hollywood.

PC is neither representing nor making India proud. She's working in America - as anyone does. She's an actor. If PC found the cure for cancer or rare genetic disorders, well, then she'd be making India proud globally. But as it stands - she's just working in America.

Meh.

after a long time i have read a sensible analysis lol

i never understood the fascination either... who the heck cares about hollywood. just treat it as normal..

anyway himmo appreciates ur post K F 
flipfl0p thumbnail
What is the big deal? We are a country where fans have built temples for celebrities and plundered them they they got angry with her.
In western countries, fans don't idolise their celebrities as Asians do. They treat them as humans and give them breathing space. Here, even a TV star cannot have normal life. 
beingsirius thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I wasn't a bit "proud" of her for her 2 rupees roles. 
I could always see through this woman and her fake OTP cringeworthy forever wannabe behaviour on their interviews and chat shows. 
Indians should stop being proud of this BW and entertainment industry and stop dishing out Padma awards to them
They probably deserve them the least. Even charity or causes they only do for cameras and benefits. 
We should now just watch movies for entertainment and honour the real heroes.
 even the sanitary workers who do their work with due diligence and sincerity deserve these awards more than the fame wh**es. Nothing to say about coders, doctors, scientists. 
Edited by beingsirius - 5 years ago