Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OhMeriJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Finally this show has pulled me back to this place! Lol!
RESing it!
Aaram se shall comment! Till then I am here to read all your wonderful gushings❤️
Edited by OhMeriJaan - 6 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Episode 1
In all my mindless gushing and admiration, I kind of skipped a lot of nuances.So this is another ramble , specifically for episode 1.

Nandini working on a project which used music was a nice trivia especially when it involved Space, I know, we all know, that there is lot of creative liberations about what she is doing but nice to see atleast an attempt to link what she did during SPACE days to now.
Manik flourishing in his new role was expected, he has to do well when he has Nandu and her loving family around.But what set the tone for me was the phonecall from Nandu , cribbing about lack of time, demanding attention from Manik and him running off to palacate the love of his life.

Oh the proposal. I just want to say this is how the season opens and set the premise for the same.The proposal and the whole scene that followed it,especially the comments from both of them ,reflective of their relationship and yet surrounded by all those tropes,RY cherished and seeped her story in during S1 - the stars, the fireflies , hands intertwined, the manjha ,oh the manjha. And among all of them MaNan stood with their hamesha.Nice.

The proposal was a Quintessential S1 scene, Nandu being so earnest and Niti did really well with that ,will you marry me? bit. The manjha though, wasn't it the song which started it all , the one where Nandu finally saw the real Manik and a bond was formed, how apt that it was a manjha again which witnesses their struggle to sustain the same bond.

We used to talk a lot back then with a friend o who some may know as BoxedIn, about how Manik would ideally struggle a lot when it comes to naming their hamesha because of the emotional abuse element,We kinda wished to see those scars then but realised it was too ambiguous and raw for desi tv, so a part of me is very happy that atleast in some capacity it will finally be shown and perhaps Make the audience look differently at Monster Manik.

I also used to wonder that for a fairly conservative background and with a very liberal. Guardians, there has to be some place where Nandu finally realizes the differences , and I really wanted her to not go through the pity party of Manik's past .I am so pleased to see how chacha being not comfortable with the arrangement. I want to see more of this social difference between these two,especially for Nandu because even if she is okay it's getting married now, I want to see how much of that was her own wish and not a nod to the norms which is not something wrong.

But was this wedding for Nandu a way to bridge the growing differences between them.

Manik's monologue about the broken marriages around them and all that, I get it, and I want to roll my eyes at him still because we know he is going to learn this the hard way.I am curious how he processes his own happiness and learn to live with the constant comparisons with his past.

Mukti's advice to Nandu, we all know that was dumb , but Nandu going through with it showed how hurt she is how desperate she is to get a reaction from Manik and also how she is processing this all wrongly. She may have led her life like a rule book which Manik usually abide by but she has been used to his constant presence all around. she needs to evaluate their relationship,herself differently.i also want to see how insecurities affect her without him shielding it for her.As we saw in other episodes, the trappings of Manik's profession do and should affect Nandu. nobody is ever absolutely secure, and I am glad it touches a lot about MaNan too.

Manjha song. During Musicana when he broke up with her, he went out soughting her for luck but she turned him down yet there she was among the crowd and there she was today in a different crowd looking at him while he struggled to reach her.Parallels. RY. Then he sang how they will solve all their differences as long as they are together and in this Manjha he questioned how did they fall so deep when they were so different. Oh, Manik, only if you knew how similar you are.Parth's lip sync was as usual, great.

I loved the wound cleaning scene.Niti was great.i loved unlike the 17 year old who kept crying to her fireflies and then cleaned his face, this Nandu was just so tired, hurt and unapologetic in reminding him how much he has pained her with his rejection.Loved it.

I am so glad, there was a mention of break when he again sought her out under her window and this time she was having none of it.They truly do need to look at their relationship differently if their goals are different, that to me summed the season.

This episode was done so well.Musicana throwback right from the proposal,rejection to him crooning,yet so different in terms of treatment,I like how Richa tried tying through the episodes and drew a parallel picture of MaNan then and now.

I have so much to ramble but meh, people prefer tweets now.Le,Sigh, times of web series.