30 years of Aamir Khan,Juhi Chawla and QSQT

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
30 years of Aamir Khan,Juhi Chawla and QSQT
Qayamat se Qayamat tak marked the first lead roles of Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla in hindi cinema.

Published: 29 April 2018

The lesser known facts about QSQT:

1. Did you know the film wasn't initially titled Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak? The first title for the film was Nafrat Ke Waris. The words perfectly described what the movie was about, and seemed apt at that point of time. However, Nasir Hussain wasn't keen on this title as he thought it was negative and gory in nature and he expressed his displeasure to son Mansoor Hussain, daughter Nuzhat Hussain and Aamir. Darrar' became another working title for the film, however, that too didn't last for long. One fine afternoon, Nasir called the trio and told them the title is Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, and they were dumbfounded. It epitomised the essence of the movie accurately. Mansoor took the title to lyricist Majrooh Sultanpuri, and he too loved it.

2. QSQT was supposed to be directed by Nasir himself and not Mansoor. However a few months before the shoot was to begin, Nasir fell ill. He underwent a major surgery post which he couldn't take the stress of a full-fledged movie. So he requested Mansoor to direct it, who read the script, made some changes (read: lots of changes) and thus began the journey of QSQT.

3. Aamir could never muster the courage to express his desire for acting to his father (Tahir Hussain) or uncle and would work in friends' experimental films on the sly. One day Shabana Azmi saw one of these films, Paranoi in a special screening and requested the director to let her meet the actor. When she met Aamir and came to know that he was from the Hussain-Khan family, she instantly asked Aamir to become an actor. She even insisted that she will speak to Nasir sahab. Around the same time, Javed Akhtar went to meet Nasir in his office to discuss a script. He too saw Aamir there and insisted that he act in films - probably he too had seen Aamir's work in one of those experimental films. Eventually, Nasir declared Aamir as the hero of his next. The veteran filmmaker knew all along that Aamir was born to be an actor.

4. Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak was a box office hit that propelled the lead pair - Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla to superstardom overnight. But did you know that Aamir Khan had helped Juhi Chawla practice for the screen test of the movie? She was asked to enact the scene from the movie Yaadon Ki Baaraat and approached Aamir with the script, who helped her out. She gave her screen test in the back yard of Nasir Hussain's house, the man who produced the movie. And then there was no looking back for Juhi Chawla.

5. There were two endings shot for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak - one happy and the other sad. However, Mansoor Khan was more convinced with the sad ending where both Juhi and Aamir die. Mansoor Khan had even stated that if the movie was not produced with the sad ending, his name should be removed as a director.

6. Before being selected for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Juhi was selected to play the role of Draupadi in Mahabharat. However, when asked to choose between the two by Nasir Hussain, she selected Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak on B.R. Chopra's suggestion.

7. The makers were supposed to shoot the song sequence of Gazab Ka Hai Din on the first day, but due to poor weather conditions the eight-hour-long schedule in the jungle had to be cancelled. The anxious newcomer Aamir Khan was reportedly quite disheartened with the false start to his innings as an actor.

8. With Mansoor Khan making his debut as a director, the movie features an ensemble star cast of Alok Nath, Dalip Tahil, Beena Banerjee, Ahmed Khan and Arjun, who were relatively new at the time the movie was being shot. With fairly new faces playing pivotal roles, the stalwarts of the industry doubted its success. However, it was Shammi Kapoor and R.B Burman who believed that the movie would eventually become a cult-classic, which it did post its release.

9. Not many know that for all the songs of Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, the music was composed first by Anand Milind and then the lyrics were written by Majrooh Sultanpuri to suit the tune.The film also made melodious tunes once again popular over the 80's trend of disco and breakdance influenced soundtracks.

10.The music for the song Aye Mere Humsafar was composed in a span of 15 minutes. The music for the movie was composed by the dynamic duo Anand-Milind. Their melodious compositions like Papa Kehte Hai, Ae Mere Humsafar, Akele Hai to Kya Ghum Hai or Gazab Ka Hai Din ruled the music charts in the late 80's and early 90's and ensured that Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak was a sleeper hit.

11. Before the film hit the theatres, Aamir would go and stick the posters of QSQT on autos.

12. Although several distributors liked the movie, there were very few buyers. Ultimately, Nasir Hussain was forced to distribute the movie himself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
OMG ...it has been 30 years.😲...what a sweet movie it is.❤️
-afghaniibabe thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

❤️

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWqjZpBtcxc[/YOUTUBE]

Word Count: 1

LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
the movie love of my life! ❤️ ❤️

My OTP for life!

Did you all know that during the shoot for the last scene (where Rashmi dies first)..Aamir got so emotional and into the scene he would keep forgetting to say Rashmi & kept saying Juhi! Lol! So they had to shoot multiple days as they had to get the shot riight at sunset! I can't rem where I read it...but it is in my memory because it shows how emo AK is & it is an OTP moment! Lol!
Edited by LifeOLicious - 6 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

My OTP for life!

Did you all know that during the shoot for the last scene (where Rashmi dies first)..Aamir got so emotional and into the scene he would keep forgetting to say Rashmi & kept saying Juhi! Lol! So they had to shoot multiple days as they had to get the shot riight at sunset! I can't rem where I read it...but it is in my memory because it shows how emo AK is & it is an OTP moment! Lol!

awww...i can totally imagine Aamir doing that😛
Rangaaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

My OTP for life!

Acc to Juhi,Mansoor had already finalized her for the film.He had directed an ad with Juhi before QSQT.The screen test was to see how she and Aamir would complement each other as a lead pair.
Rangaaa thumbnail
QSQT team with RD Burman in 1988...guess it's from the premiere...

Edited by raj80 - 6 years ago
Rangaaa thumbnail
QSQT poster...

MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: raj80

QSQT team in 1988...guess it's from the premier...

i.think.small boy is imran khan
1141747 thumbnail
one of my fave movies ever