Yami Gautam helps set up library in remote village!

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Yami Gautam helps set up library in remote village!

Boxoffice Results

1. INR 3.55 Cr.
  2. INR 1.35 Cr.
  3. INR 35.55 Cr.
  4. INR 19.55 Cr.
  5. INR 159.45 Cr.

Advertisement

By HT

Mumbai, April 25 -- Yami Gautam has joined hands with an NGO to support and set up a library in a remote village near Kolhapur, Maharashtra. 

She aims to take small steps towards providing more books to underprivileged children. She says, "While researching various options of places, I read about this village in Kolhapur, where an NGO was trying to set up a library for kids. I believe donating books to a rural library is the best help as it brings a sense of community."

There is a personal connect for the actor too. She grew up watching her grandfather run a school for underprivileged kids in her home town Chandigarh. "I remember going to school and interacting with them, when I had a day off from my school. It was an initiative by my family, which is why this (education) has a huge and personal connect with me."

The Kaabil (2017) actor will be donating a diverse range of books from science and math to history, appropriate for kids between seven to 15 years of age to the NGO. While she is happy to be doing her bit, Yami says she isn't "aiming at a particular goal". She adds, "I want to do more things towards empowering underprivileged kids with education, so that they can have a better life."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
this is indeed a very thoughtful gesture.God Bless her for this attempt at least.
I always wanted a Library of my own.could not afford the physical one so
ended up making my own E-Library 😳 so i appreciate her efforts.πŸ‘
And someone said perfect women didn't exist
liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ‘
This is such a thoughtful gesture.   Every small bit we do counts.  Kudos to her.