Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: amivp

Came across this article and thought of posting here.

What is your take on this analysis? I guess too early to say, but definately things are changing now.

Are the Khans finished at the box office?

Ami, I personally think it's a little unfair to group Aamir in this category based off one failure when he's always followed the mantra that content is king throughout his career. I don't think Aamir's ever relied on his star power to deliver a hit. SRK on the other hand is struggling to find his place in this new content-driven Bollywood. From what I can tell, he performed fabulously in Fan and Zero but failed to recognize the flaws in the script. His most recent hit has been Raees which managed to do decent business, but nothing along the likes of Aamir and Salman. I'm baffled by Salman's movie not doing well at the box office this year. I always thought he had an audience that supported him in whatever cliched movie he churnedout for his fans. If a movie like Kick did good business at the box office, then what could've impeded the success of Race 3? 🤓 I do believe 2018 belonged to Ayushman Khurrana for his performances in Badhai Ho and Andhadun. Whether he'll win awards this year or not still remains to be seen.
Edited by ~DaZZ|ing~ - 5 years ago
AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Came across this article and thought of posting here.

What is your take on this analysis? I guess too early to say, but definately things are changing now.

<h1>Are the Khans finished at the box office?</h1>

I second Dazz on Amir Khan and about Ayushmann Khurranas film this year ! But i am happy audiences are looking for content and don't know how SRK fails to see it again and again !! Over the years regional movies in malayalam kannada tamil are getting better and better in India (not the ones like Bahubali which i being one of the very few didn't like it i guess !) but small budget movies with good content . But bollywood i hardly look forward to any movies . Major disappointment in 2018 bollywood is music for me what with all bad remixes 😕
oops let me stop my rant here
amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Ami, I personally think it's a little unfair to group Aamir in this category based off one failure when he's always followed the mantra that content is king throughout his career. I don't think Aamir's ever relied on his star power to deliver a hit. SRK on the other hand is struggling to find his place in this new content-driven Bollywood. From what I can tell, he performed fabulously in Fan and Zero but failed to recognize the flaws in the script. His most recent hit has been Raees which managed to do decent business, but nothing along the likes of Aamir and Salman. I'm baffled by Salman's movie not doing well at the box office this year. I always thought he had an audience that supported him in whatever cliched movie he churns out for his fans. If a movie like Kick did good business at the box office, then what could've impeded the success of Race 3? 🤓 I do believe 2018 belonged to Ayushman Khurrana for his performances in Badhai Ho and Andhadun. Whether he'll win awards this year or not remains to be seen.

Yes, agree about Aamir.. He also took responsibility of film's failure.
He seems to be learning from TOH failure and I am sure next one will be major blockbuster from him.
Aslo, I have seen trend changing now, it is more content and then stars. First few days stars can pull public but after that it is all about the content.
I feel slowly stars won't rule the BO, it will be the cotent only...

SRK, I don't understand why he is acting in majority of Red Chilles films.. He is approaching different directors rather than directors approcahing him.
Also, he has to age gracefully in terms of roles. In this time and age romantic roles won't work all the time...He needs to do more research and work on the subjects like Chak De..
He is very intellegent and things are crystal clear, not sure where he is missing...
Wishing best for him...

Ayushman performed really well.. I have seen clips of both the movies and totally different characters. He should win award for Andhaun...
Edited by amivp - 5 years ago
amivp thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

I second Dazz on Amir Khan and about Ayushmann Khurranas film this year ! But i am happy audiences are looking for content and don't know how SRK fails to see it again and again !! Over the years regional movies in malayalam kannada tamil are getting better and better in India (not the ones like Bahubali which i being one of the very few didn't like it i guess !) but small budget movies with good content . But bollywood i hardly look forward to any movies . Major disappointment in 2018 bollywood is music for me what with all bad remixes 😕

Avani, you have all vaild points here. No probs about the rant...
You are right, I don't recall any good hindi numbers from 2018.. usaully I will have atleast few favourites every year but nothing in 2018.

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

Avani, I take it you're not a fan of Badshah? 😉 I find it difficult to relate to the content that's being made down South. Remakes of South Indian films aren't my cup of tea either. I still haven't watched Bahubali 1 or 2. 😳
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

Yes, agree about Aamir.. He also took responsibility of film's failure.
He seems to be learning from TOH failure and I am sure next one will be major blockbuster from him.
Aslo, I have seen trend changing now, it is more content and then stars. First few days stars can pull public but after that it is all about the content.
I feel slowly stars won't rule the BO, it will be the cotent only...

SRK, I don't understand why he is acting in majority of Red Chilles films.. He is approaching different directors rather than directors approcahing him.
Also, he has to age gracefully in terms of roles. In this time and age romantic roles won't work all the time...He needs to do more research and work on the subjects like Chak De..
He is very intellegent and things are crystal clear, not sure where he is missing...
Wishing best for him...

Ayushman performed really well.. I have seen clips of both the movies and totally different characters. He should win award for Andhaun...

You're absolutely right, Ami! I'm not sure why SRK isn't paying more attention to the offers coming his way rather than pursuing directors that could potentially deliver a hit. 😕 Have you heard of SRK and Kajol being roped in for Hindi Medium 2? 😳 I'm hoping his new biopic on that astronaut will be similar to Chak De or Swades in its feel and simplicity. Both movies worked only because of the content! I see Ranvir and Deepika sweeping the awards this year for Padmavat especially now with them being married. Filmfare seems to have an infatuation with Deepika and Vidya Balan. 🤔
AvaniVrinda thumbnail

Avani, I take it you're not a fan of Badshah?😉 I find it difficult to relate to the content that's being made down South. Remakes of South Indian films aren't my cup of tea either. I still haven't watched Bahubali 1 or 2.😳

I am admirer of or can say love SRKs acting Dazz 😊 I don't think i can be considered fan of anyone as i don't give second thoughts to condemn them and not bother (although i feel bad for talents getting wasted) if they don't deliver good content and meaningful movies! Be it SRK or Aamir. or even Mishal 😃
The only person i admire/adore and who has kept my expectations is Madhavan till now 😳

To be honest i sometime don't like fan culture itself as it might hinder actors from delivering the best and instead to deliver which is not worth their talent as fans will always accept whatever is given !Sorry Don't mean to offend here Fans who don't hesitate to criticise !!
I am saying this as i saw in twitter how SRK fans were trolling reviewers who gave honest opinion about the movie Zero!!
I have not seen so much reaction for Thugs of Hindusthan by fans!
So wondering whether this is the reason SRK unlike Aamir doesn't learn lesson from previous movies and does same mistake again and again !!

Dazz south indian culture and people are wayyy different from north . (Whatever bollywood shows of south indian characters now and then are all cliche)!! . So you might find it different ! and the good movies specially kannada and malayalam i am talking about doesn't even reach bollywood remakes .
Only some movies like Drishyam were remade in hindi but it was no way true to original feel of the film !!
Edited by AvaniVrinda - 5 years ago
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

I am admirer of or can say love SRKs acting Dazz 😊 I don't think i can be considered fan of anyone as i don't give second thoughts to condemn them and not bother (although i feel bad for talents getting wasted) if they don't deliver good content and meaningful movies! Be it SRK or Aamir. or even Mishal 😃
The only person i admire/adore and who has kept my expectations is Madhavan till now 😳

To be honest i sometime don't like fan culture itself as it might hinder actors from delivering the best and instead to deliver which is not worth their talent as fans will always accept whatever is given !Sorry Don't mean to offend here Fans who don't hesitate to criticise !!
I am saying this as i saw in twitter how SRK fans were trolling reviewers who gave honest opinion about the movie Zero!!
I have not seen so much reaction for Thugs of Hindusthan by fans!
So wondering whether this is the reason SRK unlike Aamir doesn't learn lesson from previous movies and does same mistake again and again !!

Dazz south indian culture and people are wayyy different from north . (Whatever bollywood shows of south indian characters now and then are all cliche)!! . So you might find it different ! and the good movies specially kannada and malayalam i am talking about doesn't even reach bollywood remakes .
Only some movies like Drishyam were remade in hindi but it was no way true to original feel of the film !!

Madhavan is a cutie! I've liked him since his debut in Bollywood in the early 2000s. 😊 You make a very valid point about SRK not learning his lesson due to his own fanbase. Nevertheless, isn't he aware of the box office numbers? Surely, they must speak louder than any critic's review. 🤔 I think SRK should now either focus his attention on either production with other actors or direction. This slew of box office duds may ruin his legacy as a successful actor altogether. I don't know if he'd be any good at writing a script, but I hear he's a great storyteller! 😳 In that case Avani, I wish I knew how to speak in Tamil, Telugu, Kannadi, and Malayalam. 😆 I'd be able to enjoy a larger variety of films. 😉
AvaniVrinda thumbnail

Madhavan is a cutie! I've liked him since his debut in Bollywood in the early 2000s.😊 You make a very valid point about SRK not learning his lesson due to his own fanbase. Nevertheless, isn't he aware of the box office numbers? Surely, they must speak louder than any critic's review.🤔 I think SRK should now either focus his attention on either production with other actors or direction. This slew of box office duds may ruin his legacy as a successful actor altogether. I don't know if he'd be any good at writing a script, but I hear he's a great storyteller!😳 In that case Avani, I wish I knew how to speak in Tamil, Telugu, Kannadi, and Malayalam.😆 I'd be able to enjoy a larger variety of films.😉

Dazz even i don't understand Tamil Telugu and Malayalam 😆
I take help of subtitles . But being in south india and of similar culture i get to watch some really good movies via friends from respective regions 😊
Edited by AvaniVrinda - 5 years ago
amivp thumbnail

You're absolutely right, Ami! I'm not sure why SRK isn't paying more attention to the offers coming his way rather than pursuing directors that could potentially deliver a hit. 😕 Have you heard of SRK and Kajol being roped in for Hindi Medium 2? 😳 I'm hoping his new biopic on that astronaut will be similar to Chak De or Swades in its feel and simplicity. Both movies worked only because of the content! I see Ranvir and Deepika sweeping the awards this year for Padmavat especially now with them being married. Filmfare seems to have an infatuation with Deepika and Vidya Balan. 🤔

I didn't know about the movies you mentioned. I hope the astornaut one turns out to be good.
Would love to see SRK and Kajol work together.
I feel Aliya will get award for Raazi. Ranvir performed really well in Padmavat. I read somewhere that Filmfare is very partial and that actors buy that awards in advance. Not sure if that is true or not ...

It seems that Salim-Anarkali is going off air due to low TRPs.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/dil-se-dil-tak-to-rishta-likhenge-hum-naya-shows-which-went-off-air/shaheer-sheikh-and-sonarika-bhadorias-dastaan-e-mohabbat-salim-anarkali-to-go-off-air/photostory/67404920.cms