Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Ami, I was honestly surprised to see so many familiar faces in that expert panel on Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. If not playback, at least these ex-contestants are getting some kind of work in the musical realm. I've always felt that contestants on musical shows have it harder than those who struggle without any exposure to the masses. There seems to be a stigma or a taboo associated with musical talent shows in the playback world. 🤔

As for Michael, he truly was one of a kind! 😊 He'll be known as a legend forever.

I feel that in recent times that are too many players in singing field, good ones are getting recognized but then when it comes to work only few are getting new assignments. I like it that Zee is giving opportunity to ex-contestants, otherwise it is difficult to survive in this industry.

So, came across Thugs of Hindustan trailer today. Not sure if you all know about this or not

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI-Pux4uaqM[/YOUTUBE]
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amivp

I feel that in recent times that are too many players in singing field, good ones are getting recognized but then when it comes to work only few are getting new assignments. I like it that Zee is giving opportunity to ex-contestants, otherwise it is difficult to survive in this industry.

So, came across Thugs of Hindustan trailer today. Not sure if you all know about this or not

I have and I'm very excited to watch, Ami! 😃 Aamir and Amitabh together in a very interesting script. Thugs of Hindustan reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm intrigued to watch Aamir's character unfold on the big screen. I know he recently filmed for KBC and thus I'm excited to watch that episode as well.
AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCA3qQkqso[/YOUTUBE]

I was watching this clip on YouTube today and couldn't help from posting it here for you all to watch. My all-time favourite musician singing my favourite song!😃 Always had a strong desire to watch him perform live, but sadly this wish of mine will remain unfulfilled.💔

Aww ..Dazz you know when i was a kid we heard his name everywhere whenever there is modern dance involved but we hardly knew who he really was 😃 Only when we reached city for engineering i got to know he is one of a kind in the world !! Even though we hardly saw him dance everyone in the village were aware of his name !! that's amazing !!
Edited by AvaniVrinda - 5 years ago
AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

yes Ami. Have seen the trailer. But I guess i am a minority here but i was not impressed with the trailer 😕
What i found missing is authenticity. With both scenes and overall setting . Most of the scenes are copied from English movies Ifyou see the comment one persons has given exact movies from which each shot was copied from !! Also with respect to settings i didn't find it authentic !! I loved lagaan for its authenticity. The way even female lead was dressed made sense to that terrain . Also what's Katrina doing in this movie . She doesn't fit at all !! Even story wise it looks like all possible masala is added!! I have read a novel and a documentary on this and i feel bad that this movie is not true to the facts
Just my thoughts . Sorry back to my ranting mode 😆
Edited by AvaniVrinda - 5 years ago
amivp thumbnail

I have and I'm very excited to watch, Ami! 😃 Aamir and Amitabh together in a very interesting script. Thugs of Hindustan reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm intrigued to watch Aamir's character unfold on the big screen. I know he recently filmed for KBC and thus I'm excited to watch that episode as well.

You know I felt little odd that this film is not promoted too much or may be I just missed promotions. I saw the promo few days back only.
It does give feels of Pirates of the Caribbean, but I felt somewhere something is missing in the promo, may be the story is based on the ancient times and that's why set is built like this.
It is an Yash Raj movie and also Aamir won't sign for any film without good content based on his past records so hopefully it will be great/brialliant.
I haven't come acorss any hit songs of the movie, yet.

Regarding KBC, yes I watched that episode and it was really good. Liked the way actors are promoting good cause.

So, KBC will come to an end on Nov 23rd as per following article.

Also, just learned that DD quit Silsila and also now there is a leap.

amivp thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

yes Ami. Have seen the trailer. But I guess i am a minority here but i was not impressed with the trailer 😕
What i found missing is authenticity. With both scenes and overall setting . Most of the scenes are copied from English movies Ifyou see the comment one persons has given exact movies from which each shot was copied from !! Also with respect to settings i didn't find it authentic !! I loved lagaan for its authenticity. The way even female lead was dressed made sense to that terrain . Also what's Katrina doing in this movie . She doesn't fit at all !! Even story wise it looks like all possible masala is added!! I have read a novel and a documentary on this and i feel bad that this movie is not true to the facts
Just my thoughts . Sorry back to my ranting mode 😆

Avani, I also felt that something is missing in the trailier, but may be this movie is based on ancient times and that's why it is tough to relate to the set, I guess.
I was not aware that there is a novel and documentary for the same. Hmm..
Based on Aamir's work history in recent years, he wouldn't go for the movie if the story is not good. Let us see how it performs at the BO.
Regarding Kat I feel most of the time she is used as show piece in the films. She doesn't get quality performance scenes.

You are right, can't compare this with Lagaan.
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

You know I felt little odd that this film is not promoted too much or may be I just missed promotions. I saw the promo few days back only.
It does give feels of Pirates of the Caribbean, but I felt somewhere something is missing in the promo, may be the story is based on the ancient times and that's why set is built like this.
It is an Yash Raj movie and also Aamir won't sign for any film without good content based on his past records so hopefully it will be great/brialliant.
I haven't come acorss any hit songs of the movie, yet.

Regarding KBC, yes I watched that episode and it was really good. Liked the way actors are promoting good cause.

So, KBC will come to an end on Nov 23rd as per following article.

Also, just learned that DD quit Silsila and also now there is a leap.

Was Aamir on KBC this past Friday, Ami? I've been wanting to watch him and Amitabh together on the show to assess their equation on the big screen. 😳 From what I've come across on the Internet, TOH has one of the highest budgets ever for an Indian film. The cost of the production of that ship alone has been quite steep. I too am surprised this movie hasn't been promoted as extensively as one would imagine given that it stars both Aamir and Amitabh. 🤔 Hopefully, the film does well and adds another feather to Aamir's cap in terms of mega blockbusters. I don't think anyone expects anything less than Aamir who probably has the largest stardom in India right now.

Wait, what?! DD quit the show?!! 😲 😲 What'll be the premise of the show if DD is no longer the lead character? Are they killing Nandini off? 😕 Abhinav Shukla also quit the show, but that makes more sense because his character no longer had as much scope as the antagonist. I just finished watching Friday's episode and was relieved to see Kinsuk's entry in Mouli's life. I wanted Nandini and Kunal both to realize the grave outcome of their mistakes and the impact it's had on their loved ones.
amivp thumbnail

Was Aamir on KBC this past Friday, Ami? I've been wanting to watch him and Amitabh together on the show to assess their equation on the big screen. 😳 From what I've come across on the Internet, TOH has one of the highest budgets ever for an Indian film. The cost of the production of that ship alone has been quite steep. I too am surprised this movie hasn't been promoted as extensively as one would imagine given that it stars both Aamir and Amitabh. 🤔 Hopefully, the film does well and adds another feather to Aamir's cap in terms of mega blockbusters. I don't think anyone expects anything less than Aamir who probably has the largest stardom in India right now.

Wait, what?! DD quit the show?!! 😲 😲 What'll be the premise of the show if DD is no longer the lead character? Are they killing Nandini off? 😕 Abhinav Shukla also quit the show, but that makes more sense because his character no longer had as much scope as the antagonist. I just finished watching Friday's episode and was relieved to see Kinsuk's entry in Mouli's life. I wanted Nandini and Kunal both to realize the grave outcome of their mistakes and the impact it's had on their loved ones.

DAZZ, yes, Aamir came on Nov 2nd episode. I liked their equation, both were comfortable with one another. I didn't see any ego floating around or buttering going on. The only weired thing was AB calling Aamir Sir felt little awkard to me, but may be this is how you call someone with respect.

You are right about Aamir, as an actor he has always tried to come up with different roles and in recent time all of them are successful, hopefully this will also do wonders.

I just came to know about DD while surfing other articles. I do know that you and Mish watch this show so thought of sharing here. i don't watch this show regulary , but know details thru your comments and discussions. Not sure how things will be handled now. i guess the TRPs are very low 0.9 and hence all these changes, just my guess. May be she quit as her character didn't shape up they way she was promised...
Edited by amivp - 5 years ago
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

DAZZ, yes, Aamir came on Nov 2nd episode. I liked their equation, both were comfortable with one another. I didn't see any ego floating around or buttering going on. The only weired thing was AB calling Aamir Sir felt little awkard to me, but may be this is how you call someone with respect.

You are right about Aamir, as an actor he has always tried to come up with different roles and in recent time all of them are successful, hopefully this will also do wonders.

I just came to know about DD while surfing other articles. I do know that you and Mish watch this show so thought of sharing here. i don't watch this show regulary , but know details thru your comments and discussions. Not sure how things will be handled now. i guess the TRPs are very low 0.9 and hence all these changes, just my guess. May be she quit as her character didn't shape up they way she was promised...

Ummm, that's strange that he referred to him as "Sir" on the show given that he's his junior of so many years. You could be right, Ami. It may be a form of respect from the mega superstar himself. 😳 Is the TRP really that low? 😲 The show may be nearing its end because I don't see Colours holding on to a show with that low of a TRP in a prime time slot. Either that or this is a last-ditch effort to get it right before shutting shop. I'm still intrigued to see what'll happen to Nandini's character. Thank you for sharing, Ami! 🤗

Ami, why hasn't there been an elimination on Indian Idol for the past two weeks? I'm confused by this new format. 😕 Wasn't Avanti the last contestant to be eliminated? 🤔
Edited by ~DaZZ|ing~ - 5 years ago
amivp thumbnail

Ummm, that's strange that he referred to him as "Sir" on the show given that he's his junior of so many years. You could be right, Ami. It may be a form of respect from the mega superstar himself. 😳 Is the TRP really that low? 😲 The show may be nearing its end because I don't see Colours holding on to a show with that low of a TRP in a prime time slot. Either that or this is a last-ditch effort to get it right before shutting shop. I'm still intrigued to see what'll happen to Nandini's character. Thank you for sharing, Ami! 🤗

Ami, why hasn't there been an elimination on Indian Idol for the past two weeks? I'm confused by this new format. 😕 Wasn't Avanti the last contestant to be eliminated? 🤔

Yes, DAZZ, Nov 1st TRP was 0.9 and TRP could be one of the reason for the leap.
I check this guy for TRPs

Regarding, Indian Idol, I am also confused about the elimination format.
It could be due to festival seasons one after another they are not having eliminations each week.
I think in the coming week instead of one elimination they will go for multiple, in the past also they did the same. And yes Avanti was the last one to go.

BTW, just learned that Aditi is nomiated as best actress 2018 (Indian tele awards 2018)
WOW, Amazing. I sincerely hope she wins the award.

Edited by amivp - 5 years ago