Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Dazz yes have heard so much of Tanhaiyaan and Dhoop kinarey when i looked for must watch pak shows!! I definitely want to watch it now that you recommend it .Thanks Dazz.πŸ€— hope there is a good watchable print as Ankahi it's not that good print in YT but still manageable !!

In insta i come across clips of ISA and i am not all impressed with how they are handling Talaaq issue . They kind of made fun of it (with whatever i saw). The characters are not at all consistent and also i didn't like the male lead at all( well this can be my bias as after watching Mishal opposite Eisha it's difficult to like any body else for me πŸ˜† ) Okay sorry for my rants again πŸ˜•

Ami πŸ€— you are back !! How was your trip ?
You know Mawra is sis in law of Farhan Saeed (Rememeber Suno Chanda 😳 ). I am not that impressed with her acting though watched couple of episodes of Sammi where Ahad has a small character to play in it.
I just finished a first graphical novel called "The Maus . It's a story of the authors Dad in Poland during Nazi. Grave Story becomes light hearted as Jews are depicted as mice , Germans as cats and native polish people as pigs . Worth the read.
Another is Thank you Jeeves by P.GWodehouse . Clean humour at its best . I think you will like this one Ami if you are into books (i.e if you have not read it already πŸ˜‰ )

Mish πŸ€— So you are enjoying Man Mayal :) yup i am enjoying books while waiting for Aangan πŸ˜ƒ

PS : Got news that Ahad is doing some romantic thriller along with Adnan Siddiqui written by same writer of YKS . I hope that will be worth waiting too 😊
Edited by AvaniVrinda - 6 years ago
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishfan

Hey guys.πŸ€—

I am fine So Sorry, was just super busy πŸ˜•
I was waiting to get back here. Missed you allπŸ˜ƒ ❀️

Me too, waiting for Aangan to start. It's getting delayed quite a bit.
I agree Dazz, we all need to find a common show to discuss. It's been awhile 😳
Oh Btw, Dazz, found Maan Mayal & initially started watching because of Maya Ali.
And after about 4-5 episode, could not stop, so almost been binge watching now.
I think you had posted an OST of this show in our old thread, if I am correct.
Do not know the name of the male lead, but loving how his character Salaluddin has shaped up.
What an angel he is in Manahil's life.πŸ‘ I have a few more episodes to finish πŸ˜ƒ

Ami, hope you had a good trip ( was it a vacation ?? )
Avani, enjoying your novel ??😳

Oh Ami, isn't that movie from the 80sm? I remember the name since the male lead is from the
South, Kamal Hassan, a brilliant actor !!!
And have you been enjoying Indian Idol too ??
I am just loving it, quite a group of talented singers this season, hard to pick favs.. 😳
I also think this season has been lot more entertaining, thanks to Manish. πŸ‘
He is such a lively fun host, full of energy & a good comedian πŸ˜†

Dazz, are you watching ?? I know, you like singing reality shows.
I do recommend you watch a few episodes if you are very busy & cannot follow
it regularly.

Humza Ali Abbasi is the actor playing the character of Salahuddin. I actually had posted the OST in our old thread. 😳 I'm glad you're enjoying Mann Mayal, Mish. I didn't really like the script of the show as much as the acting. Humza and Maya were both superb in their performances. Hamza's a very fastidious actor and only does selective work. I can't wait for you to watch Mahira Khan perform onscreen. She's a bundle of talent as well! πŸ‘πŸΌ I haven't been able to keep up with Indian Idol regularly thus far, but from what I have seen the contestants are all immensely talented.
amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishfan

Hey guys.πŸ€—

I am fine So Sorry, was just super busy πŸ˜•
I was waiting to get back here. Missed you allπŸ˜ƒ ❀️

Me too, waiting for Aangan to start. It's getting delayed quite a bit.
I agree Dazz, we all need to find a common show to discuss. It's been awhile 😳
Oh Btw, Dazz, found Maan Mayal & initially started watching because of Maya Ali.
And after about 4-5 episode, could not stop, so almost been binge watching now.
I think you had posted an OST of this show in our old thread, if I am correct.
Do not know the name of the male lead, but loving how his character Salaluddin has shaped up.
What an angel he is in Manahil's life.πŸ‘ I have a few more episodes to finish πŸ˜ƒ

Ami, hope you had a good trip ( was it a vacation ?? )
Avani, enjoying your novel ??😳

Oh Ami, isn't that movie from the 80sm? I remember the name since the male lead is from the
South, Kamal Hassan, a brilliant actor !!!
And have you been enjoying Indian Idol too ??
I am just loving it, quite a group of talented singers this season, hard to pick favs.. 😳
I also think this season has been lot more entertaining, thanks to Manish. πŸ‘
He is such a lively fun host, full of energy & a good comedian πŸ˜†

Dazz, are you watching ?? I know, you like singing reality shows.
I do recommend you watch a few episodes if you are very busy & cannot follow
it regularly.

Hi MishπŸ€—β€οΈ
Yes, it was mini vacation and enjoyed it. Break from routine is always relaxing.
Sanam Teri Kasam is a new movie, I guess it was released couple years back. Main leads are all new. I missed last week's indian Idol so need to watch that episodes and Yes, I enjoy shows that are related to singing. Manish make things more lively. There are couple singers that have upper hand in my POV, let me find out their names and will share in the next post.

amivp thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Welcome back! πŸ€— I love that title song, Ami! The female rendition is even more beautiful than the original version. That's right, Mawra is a Pakistani actress who has worked on one Bollywood film in her career. Mawra's elder sister Urwa is Farhan's wife who is also an actress. 😊 I haven't seen the actor opposite Z yet, but s it anyone I might know or did they go with a debutante? 😳

Hiya dear DAZZ β€οΈπŸ€—
Hmm so all are related. Pak male actors are all married except Ahad that I know of . I think same is the case with actresses as well. They get married at a very young age.
Regarding the new character in bpnh, I never heard of this guy, His name is Taheer Shabbir. As per the profile he was part of nisha aur uske cousins show so not a debutante.

Read the article.

amivp thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

Dazz yes have heard so much of Tanhaiyaan and Dhoop kinarey when i looked for must watch pak shows!! I definitely want to watch it now that you recommend it .Thanks Dazz.πŸ€— hope there is a good watchable print as Ankahi it's not that good print in YT but still manageable !!

In insta i come across clips of ISA and i am not all impressed with how they are handling Talaaq issue . They kind of made fun of it (with whatever i saw). The characters are not at all consistent and also i didn't like the male lead at all( well this can be my bias as after watching Mishal opposite Eisha it's difficult to like any body else for me πŸ˜† ) Okay sorry for my rants again πŸ˜•

Ami πŸ€— you are back !! How was your trip ?
You know Mawra is sis in law of Farhan Saeed (Rememeber Suno Chanda 😳 ). I am not that impressed with her acting though watched couple of episodes of Sammi where Ahad has a small character to play in it.
I just finished a first graphical novel called "The Maus . It's a story of the authors Dad in Poland during Nazi. Grave Story becomes light hearted as Jews are depicted as mice , Germans as cats and native polish people as pigs . Worth the read.
Another is Thank you Jeeves by P.GWodehouse . Clean humour at its best . I think you will like this one Ami if you are into books (i.e if you have not read it already πŸ˜‰ )

Mish πŸ€— So you are enjoying Man Mayal :) yup i am enjoying books while waiting for Aangan πŸ˜ƒ

PS : Got news that Ahad is doing some romantic thriller along with Adnan Siddiqui written by same writer of YKS . I hope that will be worth waiting too 😊

Hi Avani πŸ€—β€οΈ
Trip was fab. Enjoyed it very much. Let me know how you feel about the two Pak shows mentioned above once you watch these.
I haven't read any of the books that you mentioned. I am going to go for Thank you Jeeves for sure. Love humor.
Will have to watch out for the romantic thriller if it is written by YKS writer. Pak writers are very talented . TFS, Avani!

AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: amivp

Hi Avani πŸ€—β€οΈ
Trip was fab. Enjoyed it very much. Let me know how you feel about the two Pak shows mentioned above once you watch these.
I haven't read any of the books that you mentioned. I am going to go for Thank you Jeeves for sure. Love humor.
Will have to watch out for the romantic thriller if it is written by YKS writer. Pak writers are very talented . TFS, Avani!

Ami Thank You Jeeves is part of a series of books on Jeeves And Wooster .
English series is available on the same and the two male lead actors became a hit pair πŸ˜ƒ
(The only male pair i liked after Aakash and Bhatti of Mishals first serial Love Story πŸ˜†)
Here is a video. But i found book to be much better as hilarious part is each characters' thoughts on others which is not depicted in the series

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7pk58Bq4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Also i started watching Tanhaiyaan and loving it. I totally recommend it Ami and Mish. So natural so real . Also Dad and Son are look alike . so much similiarity in facial expressions . Love both Asif Raza Mir and Ahad Raza Mir😳. Dazz thank you so so much for recommendingπŸ€—

Edited by AvaniVrinda - 6 years ago
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

English series is available on the same and the two male lead actors became a hit pair πŸ˜ƒ
(The only male pair i liked after Aakash and Bhatti of Mishals first serial Love Story πŸ˜†)
Here is a video. But i found book to be much better as hilarious part is each characters' thoughts on others which is not depicted in the series

Also i started watching Tanhaiyaan and loving it. I totally recommend it Ami and Mish. So natural so real . Also Dad and Son are look alike . so much similiarity in facial expressions . Love both Asif Raza Mir and Ahad Raza Mir😳. Dazz thank you so so much for recommendingπŸ€—

I've rewatched Tanhaiyan since my childhood and absolutely fell in love with the drama once again! I felt as if I was watching my near and dear onscreen as their story unveiled in my family room. I don't think I've ever come across a more simple story on television before. Two thumbs up to all of the actors who were phenomenal throughout the drama! πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ You're right, Avani! Ahad and Asif are a lot alike in terms of looks and acting. Avani, you must watch the 20 year sequel to Tanhaiyan once you're done! Yes, they made a sequel to this classic! I believe the sequel was Asif's comeback to television after he moved to Canada in the late 80s.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLjeMKMXnw[/YOUTUBE]

Ami and Mish, this is the OST for the original drama.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptRjnAa5AY[/YOUTUBE]

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
If you're a fan of ghazals, then I think you'll like the two posted below from Dhoop Kinarey. 😊

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAdzgYZOcc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHegDN2kGiU[/YOUTUBE]

All of the ghazals from Dhoop Kinarey were exclusively made for the show which makes them even more special in my opinion.

Since we're on the topic of topics, I can't help but post my favourite ghazal of all time! πŸ˜ƒ

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0EJCdC1OeQ[/YOUTUBE]

Another favourite! 😳

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDO9ZRSNB9s[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry, I know I went offtrack with these ghazals but I couldn't help posting. ☺️ It's just a ghazal kind of day. πŸ˜‰

Edited by ~DaZZ|ing~ - 6 years ago
amivp thumbnail

Thanks so much, Avan! HaHaHa liking for male pair as well????πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Well, buddies.
For sure will be watching/reading Thank You Jeeves.
Tanhaiyaan on my list now.. Thanks for recommending!.
amivp thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

I've rewatched Tanhaiyan since my childhood and absolutely fell in love with the drama once again! I felt as if I was watching my near and dear onscreen as their story unveiled in my family room. I don't think I've ever come across a more simple story on television before. Two thumbs up to all of the actors who were phenomenal throughout the drama! πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸΌ You're right, Avani! Ahad and Asif are a lot alike in terms of looks and acting. Avani, you must watch the 20 year sequel to Tanhaiyan once you're done! Yes, they made a sequel to this classic! I believe the sequel was Asif's comeback to television after he moved to Canada in the late 80s.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLjeMKMXnw[/YOUTUBE]

Ami and Mish, this is the OST for the original drama.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CptRjnAa5AY[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you so much, DAZZ! This looks very interesting! There is some fun as well. 20 years back they had real good hair style.