Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Indeed very scary, Ami! Where are Mish and Avani? They haven't been on the forum in quite a few days. I hope all is well on their end and that they post very soon. 😊 This forum will last until the four of us continue posting here. I often worry about the fate of this forum seeing that we've lost the vast majority of our friends and that Mishal's comeback on KKB didn't interest many of his fans on India Forums. Anyhow, we'll do what we can to continue the momentum we've developed here over the past three years. 😳 I stopped watching Sila once Taimur and Mariam secretly eloped. I had no idea Taimur was insecure of Mariam's accomplishments. The rift you've described between the two reminds me of the movie Abhimaan. Have any of you watched this movie? Brilliant performances by Amitabh and Jaya who play a married couple in the film. I've always been a firm believer in marrying with your parents' blessings. Marriage is a huge commitment that's filled with endless compromises and sacrifices. I don't think any couple can have the perfect marriage because no two people are the same with the same temperament and mentality. That being said, I often feel that when a couple elopes there's always an uncertainty in their minds about their marriage. There's a reticent tension that often prevails between a husband and wife when it comes to their own respective families. The tension alone is enough to drive a wedge between a couple in the form of insecurity, misinterpretation, and alienation from one's home. As for Tamur being a typical male, there are very few men that will stand behind their wives and root for their success when push comes to shove. An outcome of the patriarchal societies that have dominated the world since the beginning of time. πŸ˜”

Halo guys. πŸ€—...
Ami, very Sorry for my absence the past few days...Just too tired from work..
But TGIF...looking forward to relaxing a bit over weekend .πŸ˜ƒ

Gosh, haven't started Sila yet...hope to at least watch a few episodes soon.πŸ˜›
Oh, love that song Ami..I first heard it on one of Mishal's Insta post & instantly liked the
tune & the voice Thanks again for reminding πŸ‘πŸΌ

Dazz... I have watched Abhimaan & continue to enjoy the evergreen melodies from
the movie. Agree with your views about marriage, commitments, compromises & all.
But sadly it's also true that in many cultures, (including Indian) a big percentage
of that compromise is expected from the girl / woman.
Like you rightly pointed out...the male dominated society continues to hinder
the Girl's progress even now in many cultures across the world.
I know it's never going to be a perfect world, but hope & wish for a better balance
as society progresses

And I am enjoying watching this new chirpy Z in Bpnh.. but what happened to Adi??
Total opposite of his earlier self & why does he want to go back to Paris??
I just cannot connect to the story anymore, just watching for H & J's mind blowing
chemistry ❀️

Edited by Mishfan - 6 years ago
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Mish, I caught the last few episodes of Silsila from this week today and I'm so disappointed in the story. I had such high expectations from the plot of this story, but alas they went the love triangle way between the three leads. K's attraction towards N had me dumbfounded today! 😲 Is it impossible for a man and a woman to be just good friends? Not all relationships between the opposite gender are based on attraction or sexuality. When I had first watched this show, my deepest desire was for the creatives of this show to maintain the platonic relationship they had developed between K and N. It would've been empowering to see a relationship that strong on Indian television for the very first time. At this point, I really feel for M who went out on a limb to save her best friend from the devil in disguise only to have her own husband develop an attraction for that same friend. πŸ₯Ί I also feel for N who will suffer the consequences of K's attraction towards her along with the tension that'll prevail in her own friendship with M. 😭

I know Dazz, but the show is exactly that...Silsila & Juzzbat...title & Promos say it all πŸ˜•
I am very sad...the lovely friendship between M & N & K's support will all vanish soon,
I'm afraid. I don't think I can bear to see M being betrayed this way.😭
But she's is a strong (independent) girl & I don't want her turning negative but stand up
for her self respect.
Did you watch Thursday's episode.??...R is out from jail & trying to woo N back
( it's all fake, for sure ) ...And this just when N is ready to move out &
start an independent life...I have a feeling he's also going to be instrumental in
destroying M's happy life, ( adding fuel to the fire )

I have to add that Shakti is doing a fab job expressing all those inner turmoils
he's going thru' πŸ‘πŸΌ

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishfan

Halo guys. πŸ€—...

Gosh, haven't started Sila yet...hope to at least watch a few episodes soon.πŸ˜›
Oh, love that song Ami..I first heard it on one of Mishal's Insta post & instantly liked the

the movie. Agree with your views about marriage, commitments, compromises & all.
But sadly it's also true that in many cultures, (including Indian) a big percentage
I know it's never going to be a perfect world, but hope & wish for a better balance
as society progresses

And I am enjoying watching this new chirpy Z in Bpnh.. but what happened to Adi??
I just cannot connect to the story anymore, just watching for H & J's mind blowing
chemistry ❀️

From my perspective, A is a changed man because he failed to recognize the flaws in his own marriage. Post Sakshi's revelation, A blames himself for his failed marriage because he could neither understand nor provide what his wife desired of him. I don't think we can expect A to be the same after coming to an awakening of this magnitude. πŸ₯Ί As for Z, she was far more understanding and accepting of her husband's affair. Her character's maturity was a lot more than what I had anticipated. In all honesty, I don't think any wife could ever be that accepting of her husband's affair. It's just not human nature to be that forgiving, especially when you feel that you've given your marriage or relationship your all. I also think the creatives are still determining how to proceed with A and Z's love story and continue with the element of suspense the show has been based on since its inception. I'm sure they won't disappoint once the writing's back on track. 😳
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

I know Dazz, but the show is exactly that...Silsila & Juzzbat...title & Promos say it all πŸ˜•
I am very sad...the lovely friendship between M & N & K's support will all vanish soon,
I'm afraid. I don't think I can bear to see M being betrayed this way.😭
But she's is a strong (independent) girl & I don't want her turning negative but stand up
for her self respect.
Did you watch Thursday's episode.??...R is out from jail & trying to woo N back
( it's all fake, for sure ) ...And this just when N is ready to move out &
start an independent life...I have a feeling he's also going to be instrumental in
destroying M's happy life, ( adding fuel to the fire )

I have to add that Shakti is doing a fab job expressing all those inner turmoils
he's going thru' πŸ‘πŸΌ

Why would DD agree to such a character and plot? πŸ˜• Illegitimate affairs have been done to death on Indian television. If this is an attempt to justify an affair and the breaking of one's home and marriage, then count me out. πŸ˜’ No matter how the story pans out, an affair is unacceptable irrespective of the reason or the emotions involved. My heart's breaking for M who's opened up her home to her best friend in her direst hour of need. πŸ₯Ί I haven't watched Thursday's episode yet, but you're probably right. He has vowed to avenge his insult by ruining his own wife's life and punishing her best friend in the process. I think all four leads - DD, Shakti, Abhinav, and Aditi have been incredible in the portrayal of their characters. πŸ‘ Doesn't Aditi remind you of Surbhi Jyoti? I feel as if they could pass off as sisters onscreen! 😳
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Thanks for posting Rashk-e-Qamar, Ami! πŸ€— A beautiful song indeed! 😊

I hope you'll enjoy these two songs now that you guys are more aware of the actors from Pak. πŸ˜‰

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWznRzJIn4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiYl6I8hxBQ[/YOUTUBE]

AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello DeariesπŸ€—
Sorry was busy with work.

Ami its really nice song!! And then i heard this πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704yJoCo09s[/YOUTUBE]

Mish i have not watched YPNTKH in two weeks. Ohh no Its not about Melodrama(that would make it painfully slow which dramas like KKB has). May be i am used to things happening in 30 episode rateπŸ˜‰
With Siddhant and Anushka going in a loop a little (with showing love and then denying) and somehow his emotions i was not convinced much and that was the reason for me to stop for a while and with Suno Chanda in between i lost the connection. Planning to continue watching this week!!
I watched WMDT last week. Its going OK. nothing much happening in terms of plot. But Sami Khan is a treat to watch for me 😳

And Vivek Oberois career was stopped in between by his messing up with Salman Khan(?)Well thats what i heard and i think it was discussed here too. Dazz would know more i guess 😊

Dazz thanks for the OSTs πŸ€—. It grows on you if you keep listening 😊
And yess Abhimaan was classic . And Amitabh and Jaya's acting and the music were just πŸ‘

Glad that you all are enjoying Sila and Silsila πŸ˜†.
Edited by AvaniVrinda - 6 years ago
amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Indeed very scary, Ami! Where are Mish and Avani? They haven't been on the forum in quite a few days. I hope all is well on their end and that they post very soon. 😊 This forum will last until the four of us continue posting here. I often worry about the fate of this forum seeing that we've lost the vast majority of our friends and that Mishal's comeback on KKB didn't interest many of his fans on India Forums. Anyhow, we'll do what we can to continue the momentum we've developed here over the past three years. 😳 I stopped watching Sila once Taimur and Mariam secretly eloped. I had no idea Taimur was insecure of Mariam's accomplishments. The rift you've described between the two reminds me of the movie Abhimaan. Have any of you watched this movie? Brilliant performances by Amitabh and Jaya who play a married couple in the film. I've always been a firm believer in marrying with your parents' blessings. Marriage is a huge commitment that's filled with endless compromises and sacrifices. I don't think any couple can have the perfect marriage because no two people are the same with the same temperament and mentality. That being said, I often feel that when a couple elopes there's always an uncertainty in their minds about their marriage. There's a reticent tension that often prevails between a husband and wife when it comes to their own respective families. The tension alone is enough to drive a wedge between a couple in the form of insecurity, misinterpretation, and alienation from one's home. As for Tamur being a typical male, there are very few men that will stand behind their wives and root for their success when push comes to shove. An outcome of the patriarchal societies that have dominated the world since the beginning of time. πŸ˜”

Yes, DAZZ, I watched Abhimaan, i think it is must watch for everyone. Love the songs very much.
In Sila I feel that some incidents are same. I am on 14th now.
Taimur feels that Mariam should inform him about all her outings like lunch with her colleagues. I feel that Mariam is not able to tell him everything clear with the fear of T misinterpreting. They have fight over Mariam not telling truth about her lunch with the boss. He apologies the next morning. So, it is basically going up and down in their relationship, right now.
My opinion for Mariam's dad change in every episode. Now I feel very bad for him. His health is deteriorating. Well, now I won't disclose more and would let you all watch the show.

You are right about getting married with parents blessings, but in this particular case, I had high hopes with Mariam's dad. Sometimes parents have to think for child's POV also when the child is so mature and understanding like Mariam.

Both are going through too much stress about their own families as well as their own relation.

amivp thumbnail

Halo guys. πŸ€—...

as society progresses

chemistry ❀️

Mish, Sila is good. You will be surprised with the way how two people with so much maturity and understanding drift apart. Mariam, the female lead is so very understanding.
I liked one dialogue by her, partners toh phir bhi mil jayenge but parents ek hi bar milte hai.
Yes, in asian culture mostly the girl ends up compromising a lot.

In Bpnh, now A and Z's love story should start, somehow I feel that due to TRPs the makers are forced to try different options.
All the time I feel something will happen to Z and A will save her, means the outcome is very clear except the mystery part. A and Z's journey will be interesting.
amivp thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

Hello DeariesπŸ€—

Sorry was busy with work.

Ami its really nice song!! And then i heard this πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704yJoCo09s[/YOUTUBE]

Mish i have not watched YPNTKH in two weeks. Ohh no Its not about Melodrama(that would make it painfully slow which dramas like KKB has). May be i am used to things happening in 30 episode rateπŸ˜‰
With Siddhant and Anushka going in a loop a little (with showing love and then denying) and somehow his emotions i was not convinced much and that was the reason for me to stop for a while and with Suno Chanda in between i lost the connection. Planning to continue watching this week!!
I watched WMDT last week. Its going OK. nothing much happening in terms of plot. But Sami Khan is a treat to watch for me 😳

And Vivek Oberois career was stopped in between by his messing up with Salman Khan(?)Well thats what i heard and i think it was discussed here too. Dazz would know more i guess 😊

Dazz thanks for the OSTs πŸ€—. It grows on you if you keep listening 😊
And yess Abhimaan was classic . And Amitabh and Jaya's acting and the music were just πŸ‘

Glad that you all are enjoying Sila and Silsila πŸ˜†.

Hiii Avani, you are back...πŸ˜ƒπŸ€—β€οΈ, so very happy.
Hahaha, I simply loved the song. People are very creative!

oh, let me mention, since Sony has started Indian Idol 10 ( singing weekend program), I started watching the wknd program and I saw YPNTKH promo almost 10 times. Anusha is getting engaged to some other guy and Siddhant watches the clip that the guy is getting married just for the money.
It seems that this show is super hit as I have never seen such high promotions from Sony.

Mish, you might want to watch 'India's best dramebaaz' on ZeeTV. Vivek oberoi is one of the judge. I saw the promo. I am not sure if you would the like program or not.

amivp thumbnail

Thanks for posting Rashk-e-Qamar, Ami! πŸ€— A beautiful song indeed! 😊

I hope you'll enjoy these two songs now that you guys are more aware of the actors from Pak. πŸ˜‰

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqWznRzJIn4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiYl6I8hxBQ[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks, DAZZ! πŸ€—β€οΈ
Simply loved the songs. My GOD, what can I say about direction and location. Simply superb.
These songs have deep meaning. O Yaara seems to be very interesting drama!
Again thanks!