Rakhi Turns to Christianity

~Nikki thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Rakhi turns to Christianity
By: Tushar Joshi
December 23, 2006

A spiritual item now: Abhishek Awasthi, Rakhi Sawant and Jaya

On Bigg Boss, you may have noticed Rakhi Sawant reading from the Bible or singing praises of Jesus. Sources reveal that Rakhi is deeply drawn to Christianity.

A friend says, "Not many know this side to Rakhi. She loves going to church and attending Sunday mass. She always keeps the Bible with her."

Curious cat

Talking about her fixation for Christianity, another friend reveals, "After being evicted from Bigg Boss, Rakhi felt she was emotionally very vulnerable and needed someone or something to turn to. Incidentally, Carol (Gracias) would often read out passages to her from the Bible at the house, and Rakhi was very inspired by them. When she came out, she was curious about Christianity and wanted to learn more. She was even keen on celebrating Christmas and wanted to sing carols and attend midnight mass before she went back in again."

Rakhi's mother Jaya too validates her daughter's interest in the religion. She says, "Rakhi attends church regularly and even reads the Bible. I have been practising Christianity for the last three years. My son Rakesh, too, has been interested in the life of Jesus Christ from his childhood days. I wanted Rakhi to start reading the Bible too and bring the Lord's presence in her life."

Jai Ganesh!

Jaya says that the mother-daughter duo religiously visits the Good Shepherd church at Four Bungalows, Andheri. Says Jaya, "Rakhi wanted to come for the midnight mass this year. She had expressed her desire to pray along with me this Christmas. But now, that won't be possible as she's gone back into Bigg Boss's house."

Even though she has no plans to convert from being a Hindu into a full-fledged Christian, Rakhi's mother is happy that her daughter is now practising the religion too. "She is also a disciple of Lord Ganesha. I think her mind is more at peace when she is religious. When she came back home after being eliminated from Bigg Boss, she would sit at home, read the Bible and take the Lord's name and feel serene."

Rakhi's boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi says, "There is nothing startling about Rakhi's sudden interest in the religion as she has always been going to church and praying to Jesus Christ. However, she also believes in Lord Ganesha and celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi at her home every year. I think she follows both religions with equal fervour."

thanks to Gossip_Queen81

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ushaka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I wish she will make up her mind. Theres nothing wrong with practicing all the religions of the world at one time. But christianity does comflict with hinduism in more ways than one. She is confused about her religion as she is about her life it seems. And if Carol set out to do conversions, she could not have done better. Pity no one reads out from our hindu books e.g. Ramayan and Bhagavath Geeta. Last I heard its old fashioned to be hindu eh chaps?
~Nikki thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ushaka

I wish she will make up her mind. Theres nothing wrong with practicing all the religions of the world at one time. But christianity does comflict with hinduism in more ways than one. She is confused about her religion as she is about her life it seems. And if Carol set out to do conversions, she could not have done better. Pity no one reads out from our hindu books e.g. Ramayan and Bhagavath Geeta. Last I heard its old fashioned to be hindu eh chaps?

ure right. i believe that no matter what religion u believe in God is the same and God is always compassionate to his devotees.