Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: .Peaceminusone.

I have kept this drama on hold for now, couldn't get past episode 4 actually...

The plot and execution and writing (from the first 4 eps atleast) is quite messy, Tae Hee and Shi Hyun have zilch chemistry and while I do really like Woo Do Hwan, I can't get past Joy, even if I do agree that Joy has improved since her last drama, but she's not good enough to lead one.. In fact from the 4 eps I've Seen Moon Ga In was better than her...
Well let's see if I ever have the mood to ignore past such things I might give it a shot😆

True - the lead pair don't have that spark - which is a downer in a drama called the great seducer.😲 I didn't find Joy so lacking in acting skills per se or annoying in any sharp way but she's blah. Not too much charm.

Woo Do Hwan and Moon Ga on the other hand!!! Waaaw... diwali style sparklers going off everywhere.
Bubble

Edited by soapbubble - 6 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
And so it is concluded!
On the whole, a scratchy-patchy narrative with a clutch-full of interesting, complex characters, an intense, flawed male lead and one fairly spunky female lead with moral fibre.

It could have been better obviously - but in spite of threatening to, I didn't actually ditch Tempted/The Great Seducer.

And I'm happy about the way it ended. So that's that sorted.
Bubble

1123190 thumbnail
Cringe worthy acting in this show. Joy is horrible. The plot was so messy with them breaking up and making it back in every episode.
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mascarpone

Cringe worthy acting in this show. Joy is horrible. The plot was so messy with them breaking up and making it back in every episode.

Plot was messy, yes. Too many loose ends, too many threads that went nowhere. I didn't mind the breaking up so much, because it felt romantic to me that in spite of wanting to and HAVING to break up, they couldn't.

The lead pair didn't crackle with chemistry but acting - at least two were superb, and two were passable. I didn't mind Joy - she was ok.

Besides, in spite of all the criticism this show got, I remember my humble desi roots - the never ending saga of Akshara, or the troubles of Gopi Vau... and I can appreciate a story, even falteringly told, over 16 compact hours.

Bubble
1123190 thumbnail
Bakwaas show with awful acting by Joy.
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: soapbubble

Plot was messy, yes. Too many loose ends, too many threads that went nowhere. I didn't mind the breaking up so much, because it felt romantic to me that in spite of wanting to and HAVING to break up, they couldn't.

The lead pair didn't crackle with chemistry but acting - at least two were superb, and two were passable. I didn't mind Joy - she was ok.

Besides, in spite of all the criticism this show got, I remember my humble desi roots - the never ending saga of Akshara, or the troubles of Gopi Vau... and I can appreciate a story, even falteringly told, over 16 compact hours.

Bubble

@bold oh goodness 🤣🤣🤣 i fell off my bed lolllzzz 🤣
So true , though.
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: HoLiEr.ThN.tHoU

@bold oh goodness 🤣🤣🤣 i fell off my bed lolllzzz 🤣
So true , though.

Heheh 😆😛

Word Count: 1