Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YeahMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
No Zoya now is just like other TV heroines, that is typical Abla nari n meek, hope we get to see her character progress before audience loose interest .
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: .HarshRutu.

We were told during the promotions that Zoya is a progressive Muslim woman. But I don't see the development. Fine that she doesn't have any work experience but it is so not relatable that a woman of 21st century doesn't know about insurance money. If she did she would have calculated why Mahi, who treated her like a doormat until two days ago, suddenly supports her.

When her father confronted her, she said Yash was a helpful person, and may be the woman (Puja) need help. But even after Aditya told her how Puja was supposed to be in Chennai, and died in Mussourie, hand in hand with Yash (who I guess was supposed to be in Mumbai). She still believes in her husband. Fair enough.

But in the supermarket, inspite of seeing Puja and Yash's picture, she believesin some stupid playcard fallen on the street. No harm in believing in signs, but it clearly and honestly didn't make any sense.

It is fair to be wary about a stranger (Aditya) who swore to make her life difficult. But ignoring the facts won't make it a false. When clearly no one else was ready to invest in the bankrupted company, Puja invested such a big amount without telling her husband. When everyone who invested was regretting it.

That's why I cannot relate to her. Her innocent and naive nature and the way she strives on past, escapes into it, is dangerous for Zoya Siddiqui as a character.

i agree totally

her first denial was still relatable coz she trusted her hubby...
but... the way she has been coming up with excuses to defend the so called chastity of yash these days is beyond my understanding...

i'm married... i trust my hubby...maybe more than zoya coz my trust on him is far older than wats hers on yash.

but... if today i come to know that my hubby lied to me about his whereabouts... it will definitely raise an alarm for me...i'm surprised that zoya is not reacting the way any normal wife will...maybe as a wife i will not jump to the extra marital affair angle... but will definitely try and find out what prompted that lie...it could be the fault of either one of us...

is zoya that fictional a character that she is not reacting to situations like normal ppl do ??

i think the cvs should make her more relatable...there should be a thought process... every person has it beyond that blind trust...

wen you are in a relationship...there can be no excuse for hiding stuff from ur spouse...the moment u hide...its marked as cheating...whether its taking money...spending time...recieving a call or anything of that sort
VandyP thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anu

No Zoya now is just like other TV heroines, that is typical Abla nari n meek, hope we get to see her character progress before audience loose interest .

she's not even coming out as a abla nari... coz audience sympathise with abla nari types...

yaha i see ppl feeling frustrated and angry at how she is behaving...until and unless ppl find her human enough to relate...they will not connect with her
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: -vandy-

ha...but wen was the last time hindi female tv character was this blind ?πŸ˜†

Fls to safari karamchand Jasoos ki nani hoti hai 🀣 ek humari bechari zoya hi hai jo cute cuddly teddy bear hai πŸ˜†
TeekhiMishti thumbnail

she's not even coming out as a abla nari... coz audience sympathise with abla nari types...

yaha i see ppl feeling frustrated and angry at how she is behaving...until and unless ppl find her human enough to relate...they will not connect with her

Agreed. I wouldn't mind her accepting the truth and fighting against odds for herself and jheloing Zulm. But this delusion needs to end
TeekhiMishti thumbnail

i agree totally

her first denial was still relatable coz she trusted her hubby...
but... the way she has been coming up with excuses to defend the so called chastity of yash these days is beyond my understanding...

i'm married... i trust my hubby...maybe more than zoya coz my trust on him is far older than wats hers on yash.

but... if today i come to know that my hubby lied to me about his whereabouts... it will definitely raise an alarm for me...i'm surprised that zoya is not reacting the way any normal wife will...maybe as a wife i will not jump to the extra marital affair angle... but will definitely try and find out what prompted that lie...it could be the fault of either one of us...

is zoya that fictional a character that she is not reacting to situations like normal ppl do ??

i think the cvs should make her more relatable...there should be a thought process... every person has it beyond that blind trust...

wen you are in a relationship...there can be no excuse for hiding stuff from ur spouse...the moment u hide...its marked as cheating...whether its taking money...spending time...recieving a call or anything of that sort

Exactly what I wanted to say
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I can relate to her actually though not with the crying. Now, don't make me feel about it!
I have no clue about my own insurance that I am paying as Dad's agents handled all the paperwork. I do not live at home as I love big cities but my parents handle any notices and dues paperwork back home without even informing me so that I do not have to worry about it. So that point I can relate. Don't judge me.

I can also understand the blind faith that Zo has on Yash. People who live in such protected environments tend to ignore any hard-hitting truths even if the truth is dancing in front of them, slapping them from time to time. I know many girls who are like that though it is a weird coincidence that all of them were in long-term relationships from a young age like 18-19. And then display same behavior like Zo though no one cried that much. So yes, I can relate.
VandyP thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ianoconic.

So far Zoya's character was not at all impressive to me. Jenny was impressive as an actor but the character appeared too weak to me till now.

And I can not relate with her at all. There isn't any single emotion of zoya I can relate with. She came across to me a person who wants to just live happily even the world around her is burning to ashes. This nature of zoya was the reason she rebelled against her father for her love not because she was taking stand.
In one of the episodes she told her MIL that she never came to them because they were angry with her. what now? they are not happy with her now as well but still she is there.
Zoya does things as per her own will, comfort and choice and how it affects others she is least bothered with it.

u know... i feel the cvs are getting her wrong...

the progression of the story should be such that after the accident...they both react in the way they both are... i mean zoya and aditya both...

zoya in denial was not bad...but last few epis...the constant shoving of her past down our throats is not gelling well with what the show is all about...

if this is the story of 2 inidividuals bound together by fate...the cvs should stick to that content...

the way zoya is still living in her past...trying to justify everthing her hubby did is making me lose interest in her character... as an audience... simply dont want to see her like that... coz i myself will not react the way she is reacting...
initially 2-3 epis was ok... but they need to move on...

there's a self talk needed... she needs to live in her present... question the things which she is seeing and then try and see things differently
VandyP thumbnail

Originally posted by: -TeekhiMishti-

Fls to safari karamchand Jasoos ki nani hoti hai 🀣 ek humari bechari zoya hi hai jo cute cuddly teddy bear hai πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

Word Count: 0

VandyP thumbnail

Originally posted by: V4o9

I can relate to her actually though not with the crying. Now, don't make me feel about it!

I have no clue about my own insurance that I am paying as Dad's agents handled all the paperwork. I do not live at home as I love big cities but my parents handle any notices and dues paperwork back home without even informing me so that I do not have to worry about it. So that point I can relate. Don't judge me.

I can also understand the blind faith that Zo has on Yash. People who live in such protected environments tend to ignore any hard-hitting truths even if the truth is dancing in front of them, slapping them from time to time. I know many girls who are like that though it is a weird coincidence that all of them were in long-term relationships from a young age like 18-19. And then display same behavior like Zo though no one cried that much. So yes, I can relate.

@ in blue

its not that...

see u might not know abt ur own own insurance... but u do know there is insurance...if anything happens...there will be an insurance mney involved...

u might not know abt the notices and dues abt the household... but if the mussoorie house is in zoya's name... all those notices come in her name and she is the one signing everything... so she should know...

if zoya doesn't...its a big problem...coz she is signing paperwork without reading...and thts where the character becomes unrelateable...coz nobody does thatπŸ˜†

@in green
wrong...
ppl who live in protected environment are the first to be affected by hard hitting truth...coz its something thats totally different to what they are used to...

if zoya has blind faith in yash...and she sees the different things suggesting that yash was hiding stuff from her... she should be more alarmed...

people like aditya who do not lead a sheltered life...will overcome the hard hitting truth easily...coz they are used to the problems that life gives at every path