Is Zoya relatable?

.HarshRutu. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
We were told during the promotions that Zoya is a progressive Muslim woman. But I don't see the development. Fine that she doesn't have any work experience but it is so not relatable that a woman of 21st century doesn't know about insurance money. If she did she would have calculated why Mahi, who treated her like a doormat until two days ago, suddenly supports her.

When her father confronted her, she said Yash was a helpful person, and may be the woman (Puja) need help. But even after Aditya told her how Puja was supposed to be in Chennai, and died in Mussourie, hand in hand with Yash (who I guess was supposed to be in Mumbai). She still believes in her husband. Fair enough.

But in the supermarket, inspite of seeing Puja and Yash's picture, she believesin some stupid playcard fallen on the street. No harm in believing in signs, but it clearly and honestly didn't make any sense.

It is fair to be wary about a stranger (Aditya) who swore to make her life difficult. But ignoring the facts won't make it a false. When clearly no one else was ready to invest in the bankrupted company, Puja invested such a big amount without telling her husband. When everyone who invested was regretting it.

That's why I cannot relate to her. Her innocent and naive nature and the way she strives on past, escapes into it, is dangerous for Zoya Siddiqui as a character.
Edited by .HarshRutu. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charanyaaj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree zoya is not ready to face the truth. Even yesterday she was on verge of accepting but mahi manipulated her saying something.

Till now she was treated like a baby she was protected either by her father or yash. Now it's time for her learn everything by herself. Even I feel mahi's behaviour towards zoya will teach a lesson to zoya I mean she will understand real world. Not all ppl are genuine. I hope adi will save her n company from mahi
Edited by charanyaaj - 6 years ago
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i am in the same both. I know that AdiYa need to have opposite ways of dealing with the trauma. Where Adi is destructive zo is constructive. But blind faith never helped anyone. Zoya needs to stop with her mera yash rant pronto because that's all she does I'd like to see her move on. See the real progressive Zoya. See her manage Yash business not because it's yash ka business but because she wants to prove herself. I want her and Adi to focus on themselves and what went wrong with them instead of pining after dead cheating good for nothing spouses.
Zoya seriously needs to start using her brains and connecting the dots. Her delusions do her more harm than Mahi or Adi ever could
TeekhiMishti thumbnail

Originally posted by: charanyaaj

I agree zoya is not ready to face the truth. Even yesterday she was on verge of accepting but mahi manipulated her saying something.

Till now she was treated like a baby she was protected either by her father or yash. Now it's time for her learn everything by herself. Even I feel mahi's behaviour towards zoya will teach a lesson to zoya I mean she will understand real world. Not all ppl are genuine. I hope adi will save her n company from mahi

I think Adi will end up helping her unintentionally. Like he did yest
427050 thumbnail
When was the last time a hindi tv female character was relatable?
TeekhiMishti thumbnail

Originally posted by: PohaJalebi.

Point toh hai...crying and being a bechari are Hindi FL 101 🤣
.HarshRutu. thumbnail

Lol right ya😆

.HarshRutu. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -TeekhiMishti-

i am in the same both. I know that AdiYa need to have opposite ways of dealing with the trauma. Where Adi is destructive zo is constructive. But blind faith never helped anyone. Zoya needs to stop with her mera yash rant pronto because that's all she does I'd like to see her move on. See the real progressive Zoya. See her manage Yash business not because it's yash ka business but because she wants to prove herself. I want her and Adi to focus on themselves and what went wrong with them instead of pining after dead cheating good for nothing spouses.

Zoya seriously needs to start using her brains and connecting the dots. Her delusions do her more harm than Mahi or Adi ever could

Exactly she needs to connect the dots... I want to see Aditya and Zoya both on fire... Both balancing each other, contrasting personalities...
Ianoconic thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
So far Zoya's character was not at all impressive to me. Jenny was impressive as an actor but the character appeared too weak to me till now.
And I can not relate with her at all. There isn't any single emotion of zoya I can relate with. She came across to me a person who wants to just live happily even the world around her is burning to ashes. This nature of zoya was the reason she rebelled against her father for her love not because she was taking stand.
In one of the episodes she told her MIL that she never came to them because they were angry with her. what now? they are not happy with her now as well but still she is there.
Zoya does things as per her own will, comfort and choice and how it affects others she is least bothered with it.
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

ha...but wen was the last time hindi female tv character was this blind ?😆