Zoya needs a spine

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes, I know that show has only completed 2 weeks and we are expecting too much at this stage - but can Zoya grow a spine already? She keeps talking about Yash and his so called love but can Zoya please grow a spine. I know she's gonna be the slow character and its gonna take a while before she will grow a spine but I feel so disconnected towards her character.
Perhaps its because she's played Maya so well that we are still in the Maya zone but still come on now, she needs a spine asap.

Is it too much to ask?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I was just thinking that Maya fans obviously won't like Zoya but I think we need to give this character some time. I am actually glad that Jennifer got a different role to play otherwise normally tv actors are stuck in an image after their show becomes popular and it becomes nearly impossible for them to come out of that image.
If this show becomes hugely successful then Jennifer would happily come out of Maya image.
bugsbunny12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In case any spine donators are online, care to donate one? Our girl here desperately needs it πŸ˜†
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If she did not have a spine, she would not have stayed in an unknown city and decided to handle a business when she has zero experience in every damn thing, including cooking, driving and what not.
What she lacks is confidence. That's very very different from being a coward.

She could have left with daddy Siddiqui and never looked back. But she is fighting and we need to acknowledge that.

Today, she went back to collect Yash's pictures from the lion's den. Spineless Zo would have chucked it and run. She is fighting back in her own way. It may not be a way I or you choose. That's because she is not me or you πŸ˜‰ She will get there, slow and steady and it will be a treat to watch Adi in the meantime.
Edited by V4o9 - 6 years ago
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: V4o9

If she did not have a spine, she would not have stayed in an unknown city and decided to handle a business when she has zero experience in every damn thing, including cooking, driving and what not.

She could have left with daddy Siddiqui and never looked back. But she is fighting and we need to acknowledge that.

Today, she went back to collect Yash's pictures from the lion's den. Spineless Zo would have chucked it and run. She is fighting back in her own way. It may not be a way I or you choose. That's because she is not me or you πŸ˜‰ She will get there, slow and steady and it will be a treat to watch Adi in the meantime.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from but spine means, STOP CRYING FOR GOD sakes!

I am sure a lot of us lack confidence, me in some things but honestly, I am not gonna sit there and cry. I'll do it slowly of fears but I am tired of the CRYING.
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: JennyPenny

Yes, I understand where you are coming from but spine means, STOP CRYING FOR GOD sakes!

I am sure a lot of us lack confidence, me in some things but honestly, I am not gonna sit there and cry. I'll do it slowly of fears but I am tired of the CRYING.

That is why I said she is not us. I do not think there are many people who have had the kind of life she had and that's why we are unable to relate to her. But Jen is doing a fantastic job portraying a lost soul character who is determined yet scared to fight. Still Zo as a person is a beautiful soul and her goodness, faith and innocence will be waht attracts Adi in the end, not the way she will become a confident business woman etc.

His wife was strong, independant and kind of took care of him. Zo is an otherworldly kind of person that he totally cannot understand how she is displaying faith and is blind to the truth even now. But her difference from Pooja is what will reel him in πŸ˜›
Edited by V4o9 - 6 years ago
Ssanjinika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
I know what you are saying. It's just been two weeks and I am already tired of her non-stop 'mera patidev mahaan' avtar. Atleast show her as having some doubts...make her stop crying! Innocence and naivety is all fine but in a twenty-five plus woman, it's a little hard to put up with for long. There has to be other ways to show her lack of confidence. This is getting seriously irritating.
Edited by Ssanjinika - 6 years ago
MistyDawn thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes she need to and she will with time.. that's the whole journey of ''self discovery'' the actors were talking about in the promotions.. there is an innate strength in her that she herself is unaware of given the protective background she has been brought up in.. she was never pushed to face the harsh realities of the big, bad world .. and there are girls like Zoya out there no matter how modern the times we live in.. not everyone is gutsy, fiery and a go-getter like Maya.. that's a fact... Zoya is not going to turn into a bold, confident girl overnight.. it'l be a long journey for her and for Aditya as well.. even he need to muster the courage to introspect and understand that if indeed his wife cheated on him, what pushed her to do so.. or hide things from him.. was their marriage perfect like his younger brother had pointed out?
Edited by MistyDawn - 6 years ago
anjaanichudi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Nice take on Zo.. ...i guess i kinda lack patience, atleast wanna c her stop crying.
potterhead14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Totally agree
But then again her constant crying is very very annoying
She just can't complete a sentence with out cryingπŸ˜•πŸ˜•