Who else thought Noor's clothes were fine?

982283 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Anyone else feel that Wasim overprotectiveness might have lead to Zoya being so timid and dependent on others. He needs to let his kids develop an identity.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettyasjen thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I disagree, I'm Muslim though I have been born and brought up in the UK, I wouldn't dress like that. My parents would react just like Waseem if I tried to wear clothes like that...

However, I'm an IT Analyst, I'm independent, I just dress modestly without showing much skin, don't get me wrong I don't wear a burka/hijab or anything. Wearing revealing clothes has nothing to do with being dependent on others or having over reacting parents, trust me, my parents are very melodramatic and over protective but I turned out fine, I never really stayed out late at night or drank or anything... worked out okay for me, it's a life style choice you choose to make.

Zoya is just very very naive, if she actually worked she would've been exposed to different types of people and situations she'd have to deal with... I guess now we might see a change in her.
bugsbunny12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I thought they were just fine 😛

i mean with all due respect to parents and their respective mentalities...I believe each child should have their own choice as to what to wear...

clothes should not matter, the way in which we boys look at girls matters...
Orphic thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 5
Proper dressing is a vital part of Islam. How can a proper dress code come in the way of one's independence?
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think they were fine. And I don't think Daddy Siddiqui overreacted. Just like any father who would balk at seeing their baby girl dressed like that, he reacted the same way! Parents are experienced and would have done far more kaand in their time so when they tell you not to do something, they may have a damn good reason! 😉
Edited by V4o9 - 6 years ago
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Muslims don't wear such tight clothes.
Again Muslims never bow down in front of anyone except Allah, Zoya touching feet of Yash's mom was weird. As she follows Islam even after getting married with a Hindu and not converted.
982283 thumbnail
Let me be clear. If Noor was exposing something private even her belly I would have said her father was justified. But jeans and a tang top are considered relatively conservative clothes here. Even if he had demanded she covered her shoulders a bit more I would have been fine. But her clothes were relatively conservative according to me. Just my two cents.
sweetshrenal thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Don't take a show serously but clothing is pathetic but some i know wear those kinda clothes it depends how you are and some i know married visit other places of worship she is'nt shown follower of islam in any way nor show is about it and i don't expect anything hindi serial to showcase it as well they don't have the capabillity to research and subject is something else.
There are all things against islamic teachings in this show if they had done this with some other religion this would have been closed with protests.
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetshrenal

Don't take a show serously but clothing is pathetic but some i know wear those kinda clothes it depends how you are and some i know married visit other places of worship she is'nt shown follower of islam in any way nor show is about it and i don't expect anything hindi serial to showcase it as well they don't have the capabillity to research and subject is something else.
There are all things against islamic teachings in this show if they had done this with some other religion this would have been closed with protests.

Do you really think what they show in TV about other religions is picture perfect accurate? Hell no!! The real world does not follow what they show on TV.

Not everyone prays and treats their faith the same way. Religion is meant to just give us a foundation, rest is up to us on how we live a good life using those teachings. That's all there is. Some people follow the teachings to the minutest details while others take the context of the teaching and still live a meaningful and spiritual life. Both are not wrong.

Edited by V4o9 - 6 years ago
sweetshrenal thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
totally agree @V4o9
@grumpydwarf that jeans was ripped almost :D