Why this show isn't working?

dhoopkinarey thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey guys, I have been watching this hsow diligently since I am a huge fan of HC and JW, and while I think the concept is super interesting, I think the show is just not working on a global level. I wanted to see what you guys thought.

This show reminds of Gul's show with HC, Humsafars on Sony. He played a relatively similar character, an angry young man guy whose actions and emotions were so intense that they often felt unrealistic and idiotic (and I remember these random shirtless scenes which while I visually appreciated πŸ˜†, just felt like they were totally unnecessary as in this show).

This show has made a huge error by not showing us more of Aditya/Pooja and Yash/Zoya before the accident because now I can't relate to any of them. Adi seems like a ball of crazy, Zoya seems like a doormat/overly naive, and Pooja/Yash just seem like non-entities who I have no opinion of and keep getting random flashbacks of. I can't relate to them because I didn't have a chance to connect with them. The ancillary characters like Adi's sister and the parents equally do a lot of over-acting, I still don't understand what their hang ups are.

I have a feeling this show is also going to get shut down like Humsafars though I hope that's not the case. What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rein123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I dont know about you but the place where i live this show is pretty popular already so its obviously working for us.
By Character build up are you referring to the character development or depth because for that i guess we'd have to wait for quite a while and this show has just started and is just around 2 weeks old.

Now seeing what indian television is like I woulld say lets not be way too optimistic with our expectations, however inspite of all that the fact is the show has managed to get the audiece hooked and engaged to the content so let's appreciate that including me. 😊
potterhead14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well I am from outside India and in my country people are just loving this sow and I think the show is working pretty well in India as well andtrps are it's biggest proof. But keeping the trps aside from my POV I think this show is going pretty strong it has all the elements that will keep the audience glued to it. Plus comparing it with a show like Humsafar will not be fair because in that show the story was not that good plus the actress was horrible. Here we have two best actors in the lead roles and the story is interesting too
Now coming to zoyash and adi-puja equation, eewe this is a triller show as well so agar pehle hi Saab reveal Kar Diya tou mystery Kya rahegaπŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Edited by ramisaaAli - 6 years ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I agree with TM on some points.
I understood how was Yash-Zoya relationship after watching their scene before the deaths. Yash was a guy who loved his wife so much that he bought a house for her in Mussoorie, gave her a luxurious and comfortable life there only for the silly reason that Zoya doesn't want to stay in a metropolitan city like Mumbai, adjusted his life in Mumbai and Mussoorie and pampered her a lot. Zoya on the other hand thinks that she's living a perfect life with a loving husband who loves her bad pottery too.

When I watched Aditya-Pooja scene, I was not satisfied. I thought they should have shown more. Aditya loves Pooja even though he forgets her birthday and Pooja is just fulfilling her duty as his wife. I felt like it was one sided love.

And then the accident happened and both Aditya and Zoya reacted to the situation differently.

I am actually glad they showed the accident in the first episode itself because the story starts from there. It's about how Aditya and Zoya react to the situation, how they'll realize how their respective marriages were not as perfect as they thought and how they'll realize why their marriages couldn't be perfect and why their respective spouses cheated on them and then slowly they'll come closer to each other and realize they're made for each other.

Concept wise it's a different love story but they're turning it into the usual office love story. I haven't watched Harshad's previous show so have no idea how it is but as it was Gul's show, I can understand how it must have been.

I will watch this show for another few weeks. If it improves more, it's good otherwise I have to bid it goodbye. I agree though that this week was not as great as last week.
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I just started to watch this show and caught up to it.I am from overseas and I think in general on social media there is a good buzz about this show. It has made an impression. I have seen Jennifer in SC and Beyhadh and Harshad in Humsafars. So I know both their work a bit. Acting wise, they are both experienced and seasoned performers. No issues there.

The story- The story starts from the point of the death of the two protagonists spouses and how they find out they were in a relationship. The full nature and extent of the relationship is unknown. But they clearly were in each other's lives and were close. That much has been coming through with each episode. Each spouse deals differently with this betrayal. One goes to extreme anger and the other to extreme denial. Neither serving them. But at this stage, Aditya is more destructive than Zoya.

Characterisations: Aditya is a Man-child. Full of angst from childhood family issues of cheating father and cheated Mother.Has trust issues, but loved Pooja and trusted her almost in a childlike way. In this sense, he is not that different to Zoya. He was like a petulant child with Pooja but that's just part of his love language. She indulges him and he lets her.

Zoya is similar in the sense, Yash indulges her and she too lets him. She lives in a bubble and blocks out unpleasantness. Hence her non-relationship with Yash's Mum and Mahi. This accident has forced her into the deep end, now it's sink or swim. At the end of this, she will earn the respect of her Mother in Law and sister in law, I am sure of that. This is the first time in her life where she is without the support of a man. That in itself will be a big deal for her. There are women like Zoya out there. Though I am nothing like her and am very independent, I feel for her character, possibly more than for Aditya at this point.

Aditya is very bitter. He is bitter towards his Father and also now his wife. He refuses to see anything else but the betrayal. The same as he has done with his Father. There is always more to a person than one thing they did, or one facet of their personality. Once we grow up we need to accept our parents are just people and they are no better than others just by the virtue of being our parents!

The "Gul" aspect. - I think this is coming through because of the anger and the angst and a little bit of manhandling. But Aditya is NOT a Gul Male lead. I can see the reasoning behind his anger, even if it's irrational. He is in a "Burn the world down" state of mind. So that is what is playing out. At this point, Bepannah nafrat is what he feels for everyone involved in this debacle. But mostly he hates himself for not realizing Pooja was cheating on him! THAT is the biggest issue. And he hates Zoya for NOT accepting that Yash was cheating her! The anger is playing out in destructive behavior right now.

It's too early to judge what the show will bring and how it will be. I think I am going to watch for a few more weeks before I make my final call. But at this point, I find the story is very interesting!
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 6 years ago
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I know a lot of people can't relate to Adi's anger and the way he is behaving with Zoya but I think it's totally justified.

1. He has been through all of this as a kid when his dad cheated on his mum so he has already had a disturbed childhood hence a lot of his anger comes from that

2. Yash is dead so he can't hurt him but to vent he can hurt his family hence Zoya is the target

3. Even I would be pissed off if my counter part would be sympathetic towards a cheater! He can't understand how anyone can forgive' a cheater and again this goes back to his childhood. He probs sees his mum in Zoya. His mum accepted his dad's two timing and now Zoya according to him is doing the same so this is naturally going to make him mad and this is his way of dealing with his sorrows.

If both were alive, Adi would've gone to Yash, beaten him to death and then taken out all his anger on Pooja but he can't do that.

He feels he has been cheated on. How else is he supposed to react. He hates his father for this very same reason and now it's happened to him. What else can he do.

Tbh I can't relate to Zoya. She needs to grow a spine and stop sobbing! OK she believes Yash didn't cheat on her but does she really believe his sister is that nice overnight?
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
If u say humsafar serial sahir's character , that was really dark , layered, intense character, a character had mission in life 2 fulfill that he can do anything, in humsafar serial was rubbish including lead actress , only sahir was gud character.
Here zoya & adi both character r on developing stage. Show is already a hit in its first week . Story is now beginning