Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Even if Pooja and Yash were alive, he had no right to torture them physically or mentally. You can question their character, their loyalty, their moral value. Call them someone who got involved in infidelity and adultery, but at the end of the day you have to let them move on with each other.

Here he's taking out entire frustration on deceased's family who had no involvement in their Extra marital affair if there was any. There might be 1000 others issue in his life, but it doesn't justify his action towards yash's family. It's not like he's only one who has problem in life, there's no one in in this world who is fully satisfied or content in life, but it doesn't mean they have right to enter in someone's home and start breaking things.

If Zoya doesn't want to believe in that affair, that's her wish. Why is he acting like existance of this world depend on zoya's belief? She's happy in her delusional and denial world. Let her be. Infact he should take inspiration from him, if he's not able to deal with reality, even he should find some delusion land to be happy, thats much better than doing gundagiri.

Everyone should know how to deal with their own shit.
Edited by White..Magic - 6 years ago
krysten thumbnail
I am with aditya. I think he is just normal as any man would do after knowing about his wife's betrayal. Thank cvs pooja is not alive else he would torture her or maybe even kill her. I don't know how could zoya be so naive. Anyway adi n zoya take their partner's betrayal in two opposite ways which makes this show so intense. If zoya too think the same way as adi then she would have returned to her parent's house and adi would be here in mumbai. I don't think then adi would even mind to think about pooja or her cheating. He would concentrate on his profession and moved on in his life. It is only zoya who makes him feel he has been betrayed, he should cry or take revenge and too some extent she is the reason he is in a better condition than being alcoholic. Only then yash and pooja's part of story will be revealed.
Elizabeth Darcy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I feel like a lot of the ire towards Aditya comes from a surface reading of his characterization and his past. Yes his behaviour is excessive, and yes he crosses lines several times (breaking property both at the grocery store and at Yash's house, and I really bristled at a few of the things he said to Zoya) but when we ignore the context of why betrayals are such a massive sore point for him, we miss a lot of what the soap is actually trying to say.

What happened when Adi was 12 wasn't just limited to his father's cheating or his mother's silence. It also extended to the family's overall tendency to want to uphold their name rather than actually deal with these issues or understand what an emotional blow that would be on a child that young.
Harshvardhan expected the family to keep quiet about his behaviour and preserve his image in the public, and in doing so dismissed Adi's issues. Anjana, in keeping quiet and swallowing her own anger, took away from Aditya the feeling that he was not alone in this. From the way Adi speaks of that betrayal and draws parallels to how they handle Pooja's death, it seems more like he didn't get validation from his own family. Validation of what you're going through, especially at that age, is important to any kid facing a truth that devastating. And that validation he found in Sakshi and Pooja, which is why he is so much closer to them then his own blood relatives.

What does it mean when the person he considered his anchor at such a vulnerable period in his life, turns around and does - in his eyes - the exact same thing? What does it mean when the only positive thing about those years happens to have broken his trust in precisely the same way? What does it mean when his family's first reaction, again, is to demand that the matter be handled "quietly", expect him to return to normal asap, and the family seems to only openly acknowledge what it's doing to him when he is hardly around to listen?

To me this is also why Zoya's difference in perception irks him so much. The only other person Aditya knows right now who can adequately relate to his situation is the widow of the man Pooja cheated on him with. Zoya's overwhelming faith in Yash's innocence leaves him alone - again - in this situation, this time with no one to anchor him, not even a Pooja. He literally has no one to speak about this to who will adequately acknowledge how painful this is for him (the one person who does - Sakshi - helps him break down and open up emotionally), and Zoya's immovable beliefs are the equivalant of rubbing salt on that wound.

The interesting thing about the AdiYa equation is this. They hurt each other immensely, in many ways, but also in ways that will heal them emotionally. Aditya is out of line when he speaks of her inadequacies, but in the same breath he also speaks of her needing to stand up for herself and not let people trample over her. When she does fight back, there is a hint of satisfaction in his expression. Zoya gives Aditya several much-needed reality checks: when he's about to push himself to work in such a fragile emotional state, it's Zoya's words that make him realise he really isn't ready yet. When he insists he doesn't need saving, Zoya saves him. Until Zoya stops him, Aditya rushes headlong into situations without stopping to think deeper on what Pooja's (percieved) betrayal has done to him. And until Aditya prods her, Zoya hardly finds it in her to fight back. This is how powerful the bond they are forging is, and they haven't even know each other at this point. Imagine how much more powerful it will be when they actually do.
Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 6 years ago
664269 thumbnail
Thanks for the post ... i read quite a few comments about Adi being an asshole for his behaviour .. but honestly his behaviour is more relatable if compared with Zoya's. Any normal man at his place would behave in the same way. There's no way that he can behave softly with Zoya or any of yash's relatives as they remind him of his failure as a husband and the mockery of his love made by puja. On top of that people are misunderstanding that he hates zoya, he does not hate zoya but the fact that zoya is spinelessand has no courage to believe in facts that yash was a cheater. Anybody in his place would be this reckless. This is not a joke because everyone is trying to make him believe that it's easy and should be taken easily and he should moutn over puja whereas there's nobody who can realize that he lost a woman whom he loved since he was 12 and she has betrayed him too. Zoya's love for yash is 5 year old and Aditya has lived his whole life with puja so the extent at which he's hurt is unimaginable by most of the selfish relatives he have.
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Adi's feelings and the emotions behind his actions are totally understandable. One can easily sit back and analyse the why and how since this is just a story. But from a real world perspective, some of his actions are extremely problematic and no one would sit and analyse his feelings to give him a pass. Some of the things he says to Zoya can be excused to some extent if it was a one time thing... but here it's becoming a regular habit. Then going to Yash's place and vandalizing was clearly overboard and cannot be excused in any way. I can see why Adi's actions are labelled as 'terrible'... it's what anyone would do if we come across such a person in real life.
Silverrmoon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very well written post. You are right, currently, Adi is going through lot of emotions at once, and none of his family members are trying to understand his situation. He has flaws in him and that makes it more realistic. He is undoubtedly one of the best characters on Tv. He has gone through a lot seeing his own father having affair, his mother not standing up for herself, and now his wife cheated on him, he is unable to understand what to do in such a situation. Now that he is hurt badly it ll take a lot of time to heal and trust people again, and Zoya will help him out in this case. They both will gain trust in each other, and help in healing their wounds.
NAUCholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Damn I love and relate to Adi. His sarcasm and defense mechanism is so relatable to me idk why.
He was an immature happy go lucky chill person and once in a flash his life turns a wild turn. This is his coping mechanism. Doesnt mean he'll always be reckless.
I think the show will proceed on how polar opps Adi and Zoya cope up with these turns and how both influence eachother directly or indirectly and help out eachother for good
I love the fact that how they are exact opps and yet indirectly influence eachother (flight wala scene )