Aren't we judging the show too early ?

664269 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello Folks ... So the first week of the much awaited show is finally over, I am hopeful for the ratings too since the opening episodes were full on drama and well paced.
Now coming back to the disappointment of some of the viewers here, well i respect all of your opinion and trust me even i am no way going to buy a regular office romance where the hero hates on the heroine and the heroine is a doormat, we had enough of these stereotypical love sagas produced by Gul and obviously we all have signed up here expecting something fresh.

But aren't some of us judging the show too early? It has been only 5 episodes, and the episodes were intense and full on about the leads, there was no dragging and the actors have done an amazing job too. The mysteries are becoming deep and has to unfold and will take time.

The story can go to so many possible directions, for once am very much sure that either one of Puja or Yash was definitely a cheater, and most probably it is Yash and since Zoya is in her lala land of "Mera pati mahaan''. We still have to see that what has made Puja betray some one like Aditya? Someone does not just cheat on a childhood sweet heart just out of boredom, there has to be concrete reasons.

And yes the main story of the show, how will AdiYa fall in love? How will someone like Zoya who worships Yash will fall in love again that too with Aditya who is being an arrogant and bitter stranger to her? Who is involved in Puja and Yash's murder? Is it Justice Hooda or Wasim?

I am sure veterans like Hasrhad and Jennifer who has done multiple love stories of TV, especially Harshad has worked with both Gul and Ekta and Jennifer has worked with Cinevestaas before, so it is not possible that these two will sign up for something like a regular office romance at this stage of their career. Two actors with such huge fan bases just cannot end up disappointing their fans, so that is why i still believe that the show will be a great one, it is just we need to give the show some time..

Thank You all for reading... I was just thinking that how much i waited for the show to start and it has finally started with a bang.. And ohh do i need to say that HarshJen are currently the hottest actors on TV, I am just so glad that the 2 cheaters were bumped off in the first episode itself.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

982283 thumbnail
I was going to make a detailed post about this.. I do hope Zola grows a spine at some point.. Jenny said she was looking for the opposite of Maya... Someone please explain to her the opposite of a psychotic villian is not a doormat..
Edited by grumpydwarf - 6 years ago
x.titli.x thumbnail
Thanks for sharing your positive vibes with us. It's been only one week... I hope too there won't be office romance and all since the concept of Bepannaah is different from what we've seen so far on TV.
So yes I'll be still around next week 😆

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Office romance or not I'm loving this drama. It looks good so far. Btw Harshad's acting is top notch so I'm fully invested on him right now 😎
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you for not waving the I quit flag yet 🤣 needed this positivity around. I will wait and watch and give cvs time to tell their story. But their main objective in releasing the promo is fulfilled hype to mil hi Gaya..chahe negative ho ya positive ;)
SwathyS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I think they will decide to look into the real story and in the journey for truth they will find each other
664269 thumbnail
@grumpy: I think Zoya will go through a self discovery gradually and in the process she will realize that indeed Yash has used her and fooled her for 5 years. Yes I do agree that opposite of psychotic does not mean a doormat, but that is the catch, in the first 5 episodes, Aditya has told Zoya that she needs to grow a spine for 500 times atleast, so here we can at least expect that Zoya will grow as a woman by falling in love with Aditya or maybe she will never fall for him and it will be only him who ends up falling in love with her .. Anything is possible.

@sweetchick: Let us hope for the best. I am sure the makers can do better than Gul's pathetic abusive male and heavy breathing female under the air conditioner of the office 😆

@Ari: Hype toh pehle se hi tha .. But itna hype bhi thik nahi i guess.. makers should go slow for time being... let zoya and Adi at least cry some more before trying t play football with Yash's useless business.. I was thinking, Yash was so useless, nahi biwi sambhal paya, nahi business, chala aya mere Adi ki biwi ko chori karne 😡😡
Edited by TeAmo_Messi - 6 years ago
664269 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Starktastic

Office romance or not I'm loving this drama. It looks good so far. Btw Harshad's acting is top notch so I'm fully invested on him right now 😎

Ask me, ten years and still cannot get over him .. Hooda-ness is on a roll 😎
Minionite thumbnail
I would really like to see a strong emotional thriller, with the right balance of emotions, suspense, and thrill. Up to the end of this week the show has done that really well and kudos to Harshad and Jennifer for portraying the characters of Aditya and Zoya so well. I may not be able to connect with either character yet, but I understand where they are coming from and who they are.

My main bone of contention is with the precap and promo. Aditya is a pilot. He didn't join his father's business. Yet suddenly he's in an office running Yash's business? Even the dialogue, while awesome, seemed reminiscent of the multitude of office hate romance stories seen on TV.

I'm not judging the show. I'm just sharing my displeasure with the precap and promo. Precaps can be misleading though and this may be nothing more than Aditya making Zoya's life tough because he's hurt and believes that Zoya's comments grounded him. He doesn't hate Zoya per se and that's where I hope it differs from the usual office hate romance.

But I do want to argue with the question you pose in your title. Humans judge things in an instant. When you meet someone new, you're judged within 10 seconds by your body language. When you see a new food or toy or cloth or anything material, you judge it within 10 seconds because of its taste, texture, colour, appearance, etc. Similarly, when you watch a new movie or TV show, you are judging it the moment you begin. Bepanaah has run for a whole week and passing a judgment one week in, while may seem early, isn't too out of the ordinary.

I do look forward, though, to seeing the character arcs, especially for Aditya and Zoya. Zoya is not a doormat. Far from it, she's just a simple girl, but a strong girl. If she was a doormat, she would have cowered in fear from Mahi and returned back home within a few seconds. She wouldn't be walking into an office to run a business she knows nothing about that is about to go kaput. Similarly Aditya is far from just the typical angry young businessman. If he was, he would have just followed his father's footsteps and Pooja's "affair" would have made sense.

But I know, at least for myself, that while I love both these actors, I cannot watch dramas that run for years and revolve around the usual office hate romance, trip-and-fall eyelock sequences, and a multitude of villains. This is where I will judge the show early.
Edited by Athene - 6 years ago
Ms.Lizzie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Absolutely right
I am sure makers have lots of things stored for us

We should be patient