Salman Khan to Juhi Chawla: Play my mother

Just_Say_Cheese thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
Juhi Chawla, 48, was offered a mother's role by 50-year-old Salman Khan on Bigg Boss. And Juhi has no one to blame but herself for the insult.

She couldn't contain her excitement at being on the same platform as Salman. "I am the only heroine of his generation whom he has never co-starred with, Juhi moaned hoping to get Salman's sympathy, attention and dates.

But Salman being Salman and hence blunt, pointblank reminded Juhi that she had refused a film many years ago with him . He even remembered the name of the producer who had made the offer (Bobby Kent) and that Juhi had recommended Aamir Khan for the role instead of Salman.

Juhi squirmed and pretended to not remember the incident. But it was evident she knew exactly what Salman was talking about.

"We can work together now, she giggled nervously.

"Yeah, you can play my mother now, Salman replied.

He was probably being his usual facetious self on camera. But the remark reflects the deep-rooted gender bias in our cinema where actresses beyond a certain age are relegated to playing mother's roles while their male counterparts are still romancing girls half their age.

Sadly, Juhi Chawla accepted the truth of what Salman said that evening in front of the entire world.
Edited by Cheesedumplings - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1129726 thumbnail
Why can't she play the role of his mom

Acting is all about pretend 😆 😆
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
kuansa gender bias..its about market value
though i like juhi i like the way salman takes his revenge..haha good one.
SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oops I take my words back...just watched that video.
Edited by Sri-R - 6 years ago
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
He said the same thing to Kareena too when she said she wants to do Dabanng 3. It's only Alia who made him feel old when she came on BB with Karan Johar and he couldn't tell her to play his mom
galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Juhi was way to particular about co stars and less about the story/script. That was her downfall. She skipped out on great movies. She had way too much ego and arrogance.

1123004 thumbnail

Didnt he say the same thing to Katrina when she came to his game show? And this was when they were dating!!
I think he said.. In 5 years you will be playing my mother.

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Both Shahrukh and Salman have been bashed for this
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Salman says too many idiotic things & we all know extremely sexist he is!!! He meant it. Juhi was clearly embarrassed & didn't know how to take it.
storminateacup thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
🤢 glad that I don't watch Khans movies anymore, they star with heroines half their age and then mock older heroines.
Edited by chalakela - 6 years ago