Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm not very happy about how the 2 characters are shaped up till now. Zoya has just been crying buckets and remaining meek. She doesn't seem to be able to speak up or take a stand for herself. I get it that is how her character is but it doesn't make for pleasant viewing. Adi's taunts towards Zoya is grating as well... this doesn't make sense; it's almost like Zoya is the fl and so he is removing all his frustrations on her. I do hope these aspects get toned down a bit soon.
zeekhan1983 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Each individual deals with betrayal and death of a loved one..differently.
Can someone tell me has anyone portrayed so much of pain bitterness
angst and helplessness all together as aditya/HC has in Bepannaah?
And btw pls review aditya's background...he hates his dad
And doesn't seem to have a life beyond puja...she was everything to him...
He is shattered when he comes to know she lied to him and travelled to mussoorie than Chennai...she has hidden her innermost feelings in her diary n not sharing with him...for what he blindly trusted her he got betrayal in return...so how do u expect him to react?...sit in a corner and mourn? No!!!

HC is brilliant as aditya a and justified too...indian viewers BHI kamaal ke hain...they get the same story they say it's boring...they get a different character shade as male lead they say they can' relate...what the hell ya!
Edited by zeekhan1983 - 6 years ago
Indiyan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ghissapitta

I was so excited for this show from the moment I heard Jennifer and Harshad would be starring in it! They are both excellent artists onscreen and look so good together!

A week in and I think I will quit soon - and not only because of that nonsense promo about sudden change of track to pyaar and nafrat in the daftar ๐Ÿฅฑ

Couple of things which are getting on my nerves (there are more but I do not want to sound whiney):

1) Aditya's voice is not Harshad's own voice in some scenes...it sounds so weird and like it's been copy pasted later on the scene. Idk how to explain it but it just sounds so odd and it has made me disconnect from so many of his scenes - especially the emotional ones!

I think Harshad is very good at voice modulation. The scene, the dialogue makes him change his voice too accordingly. And when the editing isnt good, it transition between one dialogue and another, one angle shot and another, feels makes a little disconnect to the viewers. I haven't felt it much in this show, but i know this from Humsafars.

2) Jennifer is arguably the best actress on hindi TV but man her crying face does nothing for me. Idk if it's just because she has been crying in every damn episode so far (which makes sense I know cause she lost her husband, but it's still annoying), but her emotional scenes are starting to seem bland now. It's like all Zoya's doing is wearing anarkalis, chanting 'Yash! Yash!' and making that crying face.

3) This is off of point 2) but Zoya's character grates on my nerves. Personally seems unrealistic to me. I know this is just the start and as their journey continues she will (hopefully) change but I'm someone who connects at least a little with a character at the start, and starts rooting for him/her. Here I am not rooting for either one of them.

On a superficial level, this show seems nice like it has great cinematography and good aesthetics but I can't connect to it on a deeper level, neither to the characters, nor to the show or the lead couple (tho they have great chemistry!).

This is not a bashing post, I hope I didn't cause any offense. I'm happy a lot of people are enjoying the show, this post is just a shout out in case there are others like me who were really looking forward to the show and are disappointed? And what has disappointed them and why?

P.S. I'll still watch for another week but am sick of ghissa pitta love/hate office tracks in serials so if it's done no different to the 1000 others, I'll bid this show adieu.

Word Count: 1

Indiyan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ghissapitta

I was so excited for this show from the moment I heard Jennifer and Harshad would be starring in it! They are both excellent artists onscreen and look so good together!

A week in and I think I will quit soon - and not only because of that nonsense promo about sudden change of track to pyaar and nafrat in the daftar ๐Ÿฅฑ

Couple of things which are getting on my nerves (there are more but I do not want to sound whiney):

1) Aditya's voice is not Harshad's own voice in some scenes...it sounds so weird and like it's been copy pasted later on the scene. Idk how to explain it but it just sounds so odd and it has made me disconnect from so many of his scenes - especially the emotional ones!

2) Jennifer is arguably the best actress on hindi TV but man her crying face does nothing for me. Idk if it's just because she has been crying in every damn episode so far (which makes sense I know cause she lost her husband, but it's still annoying), but her emotional scenes are starting to seem bland now. It's like all Zoya's doing is wearing anarkalis, chanting 'Yash! Yash!' and making that crying face.

3) This is off of point 2) but Zoya's character grates on my nerves. Personally seems unrealistic to me. I know this is just the start and as their journey continues she will (hopefully) change but I'm someone who connects at least a little with a character at the start, and starts rooting for him/her. Here I am not rooting for either one of them.

Zoya is her daddy's lil princess who is not at all exposed to anything in life. I think the only Big/ Independent thing she ever did in life was to fall in love with Yash, go against her parents' wishes and marry him.

A very good friend of mine is a lot like that. She has always been sheltered from everything, her family was very rich, she had 3 elder bhaiyyas and she was really the princess for her parents. She never went anywhere alone, never did anything on her own, she had a driver waiting the whole time she was in college and she was sent hot food for her during lunch. In engineering! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ She was very sweet and only loving, she didn't know the basic mean/bad things in life. She was a very loyal friend, very studious, well behaved, cultured, beautiful, everything was just ideal in her. When she went to a computer course, She fell easily for a guy, loved him deeply and unconditionally, and then went against her parents' wishes and got married to him. He was studying B.Sc(comp), was from a middle class family, didn't look great, was mostly above average at everything. Not sure how and why she loved him, all she used to say was that he loved her a lot and was a very good person. My friend looks a little like Alia bhatt and a little like Sanaya Irani, so she had a lot of boys in college falling for her but you never know what makes someone fall in love with someone. To each their own๐Ÿ˜Š. Though her parents didn't agree happily, they just couldn't disown her or remain angry with her for long time.

She is happy now(A biiig #TOUCHWOOD), but I am actually trying to say that there are such people, who've known only good in life, they are kind, they extremely sensitive, are only polite, they are with the purest of pure hearts, who wouldn't know anything bad in life and when such a person is suddenly is put face-to-face with the death of the only man she's ever loved, and the whole world around thinks that he has been cheating on her, her own family wants her to forget her only love like a bad dream, her in-laws blame her for the husband's misery, unhappiness and death... that is a lot that came too all of a sudden. In her heart, all she can remember or feel is only the happiness she shared with him, only the love, only the laughter, smiles, hugs and warmth. And adding to all this, there is this unknown man who keeps forcing her to think logically about the circumstances of the accident, the proofs, the logic, and all this is not helping her much. She just cannot understand or agree to what he says, it is painful to hear, she just cannot hear anything bad about Yash. Not because she is just dumb, she just cannot think of her husband like that, in a bad way when her heart tells her that Yash cannot do this to her, she just trusts him completely, she has known only happiness with him. So, All she could do was break down, cry and try to hold on to any small thing that she could still have/save of her husband. Remember when she says to Mahi, "Bas Kuch hi waqt ki baat hai...Iske baad koi Kabr, koi Mazhar nahin hai, jahan hum Yash se mil sakenge๐Ÿ˜ญ ..."

The girl is facing such insults from Mahi and her mother, facing possible humiliation from her dad(She went against their decision), she is stepping way out of safety-zone by coming to a new city on a plane, and most of all she is fighting her own weaknesses, her own logic and thinking capacities, just so that she can cherish Yash's memories, trust her inner voice and heart than the thousand voices yelling around her all strongly against her heart... She didn't know that she could just ask Mahi to shut up, and rightfully take Yash. She'd leagally have the first right over anything Yash, his body, remains, his items and just everything. Also, She could just ask Adi to mind his language and stop bothering her, but she just wouldn't know to do it. All she had in mind was Yash, Yash and only Yash. But sadly, could she be oblivious to her own husbands' pain, his unhappiness...that thought just shook her and she couldn't get it off her brain. She didn't doubt even for a second if Yash loved her or not, but she didnt know if Mahi's allegations were correct? [that she had taken all the Haqs of being Yash's wife but didnt cater to the Farzs of being his wife]... And that troubled her. Adding to that Adi saying that instead answering to her in-laws, instead of finding the truth about Yash's financial losses or unhappiness, Is she just running away?

And I think now that she has got god's ishara, she is going to find out about what was going on in Yash's life in Mumbai, his business, his financials, and on this journey Adi will start playing THE most important role in her life... and steer/support her on her way to find the truth, self-realization, self-discovery and healing and then both will together move onto accepting love again.

So, if all she is doing now is cry and cry, pl bear with her, the poor girl is too much in shock and life has thrown too much at her too fast...

#PEACE

Edited by Indiyan - 6 years ago
Indiyan thumbnail
Woah!!! That was a looong post! Sorry guys...Couldnt keep it short...

#PEACE
640117 thumbnail
Me too. I can't feel for the lead characters. I like Aditya's character a little bit better as I can still feel for him a bit, but I just don't get why he's after Zoya every time. Like I understand his grief and anger and that's why when he sees Zoya in total denial, it makes him more angry and lash out at her. Ok understood. But keep getting angry at her all the time and especially HATING her for it as per precap?? It just doesn't make sense for me. He should be hating his wife, his father and others who have hurt him, but he's busy hating and getting angry on Zoya who didn't do anything to him yet. I could've understood frustration and a bit of anger towards her denial mood, but HATE her for it?? Hating somone is too strong for that. Anyway, it's a precap so I will judge it fully once I see the episode, and I definitely don't want same crappie of office romance in this show. ๐Ÿฅฑ

Coming to Zoya, I am not liking her. She's keep crying and crying from the first Itself and doesn't say anything back when others are mean towards her especially that bitch Mahi. Being nice does NOT mean tolerating abuse and evil in the hands of others. Don't know when Indian TV will get this. I had enough of Jen's crying in her last show as Maya. But at least there I could feel, relate to her, and feel extremely sad with her tears, here I don't feel for Zoya. So I don't think it's the acting. Like I understand your husband is dead, but why letting others walk on you? Having had protective life since childhood doesn't mean you should be that naive. Of course, I can't expect her to be at Maya's level to understand people's motives as she had experience with such evil people from tender age getting abused by her father to being neglected and abused by her mother, so she definitely had seen the dark world since childhood. But still Zoya was still born in this world. Just because you had sane and positive people in your house doesn't mean you never experienced anyone bad outside and would be this inexperienced and live in your own bubble. I hope she grows up and experience some reality, and I hope the Cvs show her character realistic unlike now where she came across as if she came from a fantasy world.

Another thing I have noticed is Cvs whitewashing Mahi's characer. They are showing her as if she is just hurt by her brother's death and making Zoya responsible and how Mahi has her own reasons. Like I could understand Mahi being shown such way as I like realistic characters like that because that's how most people are in real unlike Zoya's character. But then Mahi not allowing Zoya to her own husband's funeral and snatching her mangulsutr is way beyond the line and not something a positive character would do like the way Cvs are showing her as no matter how hurt they are. She's evil for doing that. They should stop whitewashing her such actions like she's just hurt and isn't bad. You are freakin not allowing wife to Visit her husband's last rites and taking away all her rights from her, yet you are positive? Please!
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Too early to judge the show I guess
But almost every show will go on that cliched route because that's what's gonna give them ratings. I mean Sony tried something new with Haasil and it shut down in no time. and I guess, there needs to be common ground where these two collide. They can't keep colliding into the airport though instead of worrying about Yash and his business, they should use their brains and try to figure how the heck did they die and how can their hands be together?

I know he shows her a picture of "the cheaters' in a supermarket and I don't understand why anyone would even attempt to take a picture like that in the super market but still, they should investigate the whole murder thing.

Aditya being pissed at Pooja makes sense but he's behaving a lunatic around Zoya makes no sense. Yeah he sees her as annoying person because she's not being reaistic but words like I own you is really dumb. and doesn't fit his character.

Again, can't judge from the precap as precaps are mix of the episode and the entire episode is different.
FreeTheNipple thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Harshad has been doing a fantastic job and I am not really impressed by Zoya so far. She has been too bland as a character. Only thing she has been doing is crying, and unfortunately Jennifer is doing this mourning since the denouement days of Beyhadh. So that doesn't seem to have any effect on me as well. I don't know if I can blame Jennifer here because I mean how many different ways can a person cry all the time even when he/she is a consummate actor. And that too crying mostly for the same reason ๐Ÿ˜†.
I can understand all the discontent with the way things will be proceeding, as insinuated by the precap. Personally, I did not have any big expectations considering it is a love story of two widowers. So no major disappointment as well ๐Ÿ˜†. I haven't seen much of hate turned to love stories so I am not too bored by it. I have seen YHM earlier and loved first few hundred episodes. It can be called a hate turned to love type but the background plot was way different in it and show seemed very natural to me for some reason.

Anyways, let us wait to see what is coming our way from the CVs this time. Can't expect much but lets hope for the best. ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by dexter3108 - 6 years ago
Shopnila thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Although, the serial is actually going "Gul Khan" way (which I have endured enough, a heartbroken IB Fan) , I will give it a benefit of doubt.

What frustrates me Aditya's behavior towards Zoya now coming across as illogical. WHy the hatred for this poor soul? Why I will make everyday of your life Hadsa and "Own you" ? Dude, she's on same boat as you. She's also a victim here. Why torment her more??

Love-hate could have been shown later after discovering the truth, maybe one of the spouses are culprit here or maybe one of the fathers are culprit here. After the revelation it would have been ok. but now, it's just typical "Illogical Gul Track"
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
I hv a different view here as I m sucker for office romance .. it always brings out the best in a couple's chemistry .. plus I dont think it will b typical office track .. here office track might involve exploring Yash-Pooja's affair truth too .. How did they meet .. did they work together for some project .. etc etc .. all this can b revealed only if both r in that same office where Yash used to work .. so I m ready to wait and watch ..