Anyone else in the same boat? :/

ghissapitta thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I was so excited for this show from the moment I heard Jennifer and Harshad would be starring in it! They are both excellent artists onscreen and look so good together!

A week in and I think I will quit soon - and not only because of that nonsense promo about sudden change of track to pyaar and nafrat in the daftar 🥱

Couple of things which are getting on my nerves (there are more but I do not want to sound whiney):

1) Aditya's voice is not Harshad's own voice in some scenes...it sounds so weird and like it's been copy pasted later on the scene. Idk how to explain it but it just sounds so odd and it has made me disconnect from so many of his scenes - especially the emotional ones!

2) Jennifer is arguably the best actress on hindi TV but man her crying face does nothing for me. Idk if it's just because she has been crying in every damn episode so far (which makes sense I know cause she lost her husband, but it's still annoying), but her emotional scenes are starting to seem bland now. It's like all Zoya's doing is wearing anarkalis, chanting 'Yash! Yash!' and making that crying face.

3) This is off of point 2) but Zoya's character grates on my nerves. Personally seems unrealistic to me. I know this is just the start and as their journey continues she will (hopefully) change but I'm someone who connects at least a little with a character at the start, and starts rooting for him/her. Here I am not rooting for either one of them.

On a superficial level, this show seems nice like it has great cinematography and good aesthetics but I can't connect to it on a deeper level, neither to the characters, nor to the show or the lead couple (tho they have great chemistry!).

This is not a bashing post, I hope I didn't cause any offense. I'm happy a lot of people are enjoying the show, this post is just a shout out in case there are others like me who were really looking forward to the show and are disappointed? And what has disappointed them and why?

P.S. I'll still watch for another week but am sick of ghissa pitta love/hate office tracks in serials so if it's done no different to the 1000 others, I'll bid this show adieu.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I stumbled upon this show and liked the first episode. Looked different from the others and my my! Such beautiful leads (Havent seen their previous shows/work).
But, totally put off by the precap. Old wine in a brand new, swanky bottle, as is the case always.

Zoya seems very full of herself. She has no idea her husband was going through a financial crunch; She was so busy in her own happiness that she didn't even notice he had hurt himself while shaving. Also, I do not think, even in times of extreme grief anyone would take the insults lying down the way she does.
Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Just noticed your username. Pretty apt 😆
ghissapitta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flame.

I stumbled upon this show and liked the first episode. Looked different from the others and my my! Such beautiful leads (Havent seen their previous shows/work).

But, totally put off by the precap. Old wine in a brand new, swanky bottle, as is the case always.

Zoya seems very full of herself. She has no idea her husband was going through a financial crunch; She was so busy in her own happiness that she didn't even notice he had hurt himself while shaving. Also, I do not think, even in times of extreme grief anyone would take the insults lying down the way she does.

Spot on. Think she's one of those unintentionally selfish people who mean no harm but are stubborn and blind. And live in their own ideal dreamland 🤔

Yeah that's another thing. I wish she would lash out at Aditya at least once. Speaking of the guy, I know he's going through a horrific betrayal but there's no need to be such an asshole to the woman who went through literally what you just did. I get they're not perfect characters but there is literally nothing substantial I like about either of them rn except their looks lmao.

Haha yup. Spur of the moment UN but definitely apt 😆
Edited by ghissapitta - 6 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I m sorry but harshad's voice is very much his own in scenes till now.
ghissapitta thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepikagupta9

I m sorry but harshad's voice is very much his own in scenes till now.

Bro, no need to say sorry to me lmao.

Don't think it's just me tho because I saw other people on twitter also say his voice either sounds dubbed weirdly or like it's someone else's.

Maybe it's just a bunch of us then, I guess?
bugsbunny12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I noticed all those things too, but im not gonna quit 😆 im just a big HC and JW fan, plus i dont have any other entertainment serial for now, just this and prithvi vallabh (thats only sat-sun) so im fixed with bepannaah.

I agree aditya's voice sounds a bit diff sometimes, i personally think of it as varun dhawan's voice 😆, but i guess that is HC trying to act differently for his character, he might have worked on his voice for this character.

Zoya's constant crying has not done anything for me either. Even in beyhadh i used to hate when she'd be shown weak and all crying...i like to see JW as a strong woman, which hopefully will be soon in this show (Fingers crossed). But im such a big JW fan, just to watch her onscreen is worth it for me.

So even though these things mentioned continue to happen, i'll watch the show...i'll quit if they start a track of mahi torturing zoya though...mahi gets on my nerves
kantalaga_ thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This show has story ? They killed 2 actor in first episode just to create hype thriller,mystery now back to their real aukat copy paste office track of Gul Khan shows
First time seeing Jennifer's acting all she is doing crying bucket in every episode or run around in market too childish character now toh all insulting her still she cry 😆

Aditya I don't get what he is doing from pilot to business man 😆 only thing I liked his angry acting still the character seems one of TV's MCP character

I don't think there is anything new in this show same old 🥱
ghissapitta thumbnail

Originally posted by: bugsbunny12

I noticed all those things too, but im not gonna quit 😆 im just a big HC and JW fan, plus i dont have any other entertainment serial for now, just this and prithvi vallabh (thats only sat-sun) so im fixed with bepannaah.

I agree aditya's voice sounds a bit diff sometimes, i personally think of it as varun dhawan's voice 😆, but i guess that is HC trying to act differently for his character, he might have worked on his voice for this character.

Zoya's constant crying has not done anything for me either. Even in beyhadh i used to hate when she'd be shown weak and all crying...i like to see JW as a strong woman, which hopefully will be soon in this show (Fingers crossed). But im such a big JW fan, just to watch her onscreen is worth it for me.

So even though these things mentioned continue to happen, i'll watch the show...i'll quit if they start a track of mahi torturing zoya though...mahi gets on my nerves

Oh. Well glad at least I'm not the only one who noticed them haha. I have another show which I watch called Ishq Subhan Allah which is excellent. Wanted to like this show too but can't connect at all.

Varun Dhawan's! Lol dunno about that but it's definitely not his sometimes. 😕 Yes Jenny is a fantastic actress but her crying scenes are below average IMO. I also hope she is shown as a strong woman soon, especially in giving back to Aditya and his asshole behavior towards her

I hate Mahi too. I get that Zoya kept her brother away from her and her mum but the way they are treating Zoya is beyond awful!

Originally posted by: Aliziah

This show has story ? They killed 2 actor in first episode just to create hype thriller,mystery now back to their real aukat copy paste office track of Gul Khan shows
First time seeing Jennifer's acting all she is doing crying bucket in every episode or run around in market too childish character now toh all insulting her still she cry 😆

Aditya I don't get what he is doing from pilot to business man 😆 only thing I liked his angry acting still the character seems one of TV's MCP character

I don't think there is anything new in this show same old 🥱

LMAO! Well I hope it doesn't go Gul Khan show way. Suffered through enough of those *shudders*

Jennifer is a very good actress, but this character is not doing much for her at the moment. I too find the crying laughable.

I hope at least there is something different in the office track or I'll have to agree with you. They sold us dreams and delivered same old shite in every other show.
..dtd... thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Any way I didn't gonna quit this show untill truth revealed...each day this show hook up interesting thrilling to watch. JW is the best. her execution of acting skill is distrached and amaze me.
U said right sudden track change is look like arrogant all about melodrama in office,business .
Looking promising their Jodi nok jhok love .
Only intriguing the script some how the star is to..